marky85marky
    marky85marky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Professional Gambler

Hi guys

I have read a number of posts here about JR Miller and the professionalgambler site claiming him to be a scam. Wish I had read it earlier. I tracked his results for about a year and he won. Wasnt spectacular but he did win. Anyway, I then subscribed and he lost massively for the next 12 months wiping me clean.

I am really curious as to what his long term record is. His current streak is ok but he has refused to tell me his long term record - I can only assume its because he loses. I would love if people had actually tracked his results so I can plot his long term record. I want to go and report him to the authorities, whoever that may be. It seems ridiculous that he can run this scam for so long. In any other industry he'd be in jail by now. I think the fact he purports to win long term when he doesn't is fraud. Even when pressed on long term records he refuses to answer.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by marky85marky View Post
    Hi guys

I have read a number of posts here about JR Miller and the professionalgambler site claiming him to be a scam. Wish I had read it earlier. I tracked his results for about a year and he won. Wasnt spectacular but he did win. Anyway, I then subscribed and he lost massively for the next 12 months wiping me clean.

I am really curious as to what his long term record is. His current streak is ok but he has refused to tell me his long term record - I can only assume its because he loses. I would love if people had actually tracked his results so I can plot his long term record. I want to go and report him to the authorities, whoever that may be. It seems ridiculous that he can run this scam for so long. In any other industry he'd be in jail by now. I think the fact he purports to win long term when he doesn't is fraud. Even when pressed on long term records he refuses to answer.
    Funny that.

I've had a very similar experience with the guy.

What did impress me was the way he posts his tips once the game has started. It seems a refreshingly honest way of going about things.

But I too have asked for a longer term record of his results but he's steadfastly failed to produce it despite my saying I trust him to provide honest records and I'd subscribe. (I've had a few free trials which did just okay and the monthly records he posts did correspond with them).

It does seem quite extraordinary to me that he won't put up annual historical results on his site or even send them to enquirers. He says he doesn't know!

However, since his last refusal I see that he is now starting to keep a number of monthly files on the tracking page. I did a summary of the results only a few days back and from June to December (7 months) he posted a POT of 3% - not quite enough to entice me to subscribe.

In your 12 months of following his tips were you getting on at the odds he quoted (or better)?
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 02-02-12 at 08:30 PM.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

lol

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Funny that.

What did impress me was the way he posts his tips once the game has started. It seems a refreshingly honest way of going about things.

But I too have asked for a longer term record of his results but he's steadfastly failed to produce it despite my saying I trust him to provide honest records and I'd subscribe. (I've had a few free trials which did just okay and the monthly records he posts did correspond with them).

It does seem quite extraordinary to me that he won't put up annual historical results on his site or even send them to enquirers. He says he doesn't know!

However, since his last refusal I see that he is now starting to keep a number of monthly files on the tracking page. I did a summary of the results only a few days back and from June to December (7 months) he posted a POT of 3% - not quite enough to entice me to subscribe.

In your 12 months of following his tips were you getting on at the odds he quoted (or better)?
    why anyone would even take a "trial" on someone's tip service is beyond me...let's say i get 100 hareeba's looking for winners...i give 50 one side and 50 the other side...rinse and repeat...after 5 winners in a row i have 3 hareeba's left...then i charge the 3 $$$$ for my picks...

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by QQPALLADIUM View Post
    why anyone would even take a "trial" on someone's tip service is beyond me...let's say i get 100 hareeba's looking for winners...i give 50 one side and 50 the other side...rinse and repeat...after 5 winners in a row i have 3 hareeba's left...then i charge the 3 $$$$ for my picks...
    so typical of you
    did you even read what I posted?
    he posts his tips online at game start time so he can't get away with that scam
    now do you have anything intelligent to add or does your sole aim in this forum remain to stalk and insult me?

marky85marky
    marky85marky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Funny that.

I just tracked his result on the website. I couldn't verify the odds as he only put the games up after they started. However when I was a paid subscriber his quoted odds were fine. Sometimes I'd get better and sometimes worse but the odds weren't the problem. I just think he's a bad handicapper who hits around 50%. So there are times when he wins but long term he loses. The problem is he won't admit that. The other problem is that he does have decent winning streaks which u can't get just by guessing. So I think he knows a thing or two but not enough to make money long term. It's what makes him so dangerous. He's a real piece of shit once you get past his initial charms. Basically when he realised you're onto him he turns into a stinking turd.

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

HE HAW, HE HAW

He did better writing for that hick comedy show than he ever did with any sports picks. Web site was OK however. I ordered several pretty decent handicapping books from him about 10 years ago.