justonetime
    justonetime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4467

Betdaq?

Anyone play there? They don't have a rating on SBR.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

They are OK and have been around for more than 10 years.

Much lower liquidity that BetFair for most things but fine for major soccer matches and UK horse racing. It can help a lot if you join when they are running one of their reduced commission promotions.

You might want to check out S-Markets too.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

Can confirm the above post. Irish exchange. Sound. you will have no problems with payout.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

good and safe exchange, reduce comission ,liquity only good if you bet on big soccer matches

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fail company in many ways, had 10 years to make progress on betfair but all that happens is they fall further behind. No liquidy and whilst your money is safe, getting a withdrawal is not possible unless you have covered the moonbookeers/neteller costs (if you are using meaningful stakes).

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

I started an account at Betdaq and found the book un-useable, liquidity is a joke and you can get better prices at Betfair. Very dissapointed.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    I started an account at Betdaq and found the book un-useable, liquidity is a joke and you can get better prices at Betfair. Very dissapointed.
    Yep, that's been my conclusion following several looks at their odds and liquidity but I've never bothered to proceed to open an account there. Just don't see any value in it.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Yep, that's been my conclusion following several looks at their odds and liquidity but I've never bothered to proceed to open an account there. Just don't see any value in it.
    very much depends on what you bet on and comission difference you receive at batfair/betdaq.

for small to medium player, Betdaq is far more suitable for liquid markets (ie major soccer leagues), where you will have bid/ask within one tick same as on Betfair, but you will pay 3% instead of 5% commission. And HCP bets are 2.5% commission, which is even better.

SBR should start coverage at A- imo.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by lukahh View Post
    very much depends on what you bet on and comission difference you receive at batfair/betdaq.

for small to medium player, Betdaq is far more suitable for liquid markets (ie major soccer leagues), where you will have bid/ask within one tick same as on Betfair, but you will pay 3% instead of 5% commission. And HCP bets are 2.5% commission, which is even better.

SBR should start coverage at A- imo.
    I appreciate that they would have more liquidity on major games but overall they just don't seem to match up from my observations.

And not everybody pays 5% commission at Betfair . Is Betdaq's commission fixed at 3%/2.5% or are there discounts for regular players?

Gallin
    Gallin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2687

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I appreciate that they would have more liquidity on major games but overall they just don't seem to match up from my observations.

And not everybody pays 5% commission at Betfair . Is Betdaq's commission fixed at 3%/2.5% or are there discounts for regular players?
    It's actually 2% for asian handicap markets. They have point system similar to betfair, so you can bring down the standard 3% commission down to 2%.

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never can find better odds than BF over there!

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

I would have to disagree with the guys supporting Betdaq, don't waste your time people.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kostasgr View Post
    Never can find better odds than BF over there!
    no. major leagues have same odds, but majority of people would pay less comission. i think Betdaq now has 3% uniform comission for all players (used to be 2.5% in 2011).

For non-mainstream bets, you should go to betfair as only they have the volume.