TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well I have been doign it since betfair started whilst I have been travelling around the world, and I have never had, or heard of anyone having probs like that. Cant imagine bf would give two ****'s about it.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by TennisProFrance View Post
    Well I have been doign it since betfair started whilst I have been travelling around the world, and I have never had, or heard of anyone having probs like that. Cant imagine bf would give two ****'s about it.
    Because live betting from Australia contravenes Australian law. Betfair make a lot of money through their Australian license and do not want to put that at risk.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by TennisProFrance View Post
    Betfair just nailed a friend literally yesterday - totally coincidental to this discussion - with this message when he tried to use a VPN to access: "Your request was blocked by BlockScript based on the policies of the proxy.org website."

Blockscript for those who may not be familiar is a program that susses out when you're using VPN's, TOR's, proxies, etc.

So needless to say I'm rather hesitant at this point to even try. Not sure if they've updated their security measures or what but the last thing I need is to get my account closed down for even attempting to disguise my location.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    I didn't mention if you were a resident of the country but "across the ditch" , learn to comprehend english yourself you fool.
    Your statement was incorrect.

Just admit it and STFU

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Betfair just nailed a friend literally yesterday - totally coincidental to this discussion - with this message when he tried to use a VPN to access: "Your request was blocked by BlockScript based on the policies of the proxy.org website."

Blockscript for those who may not be familiar is a program that susses out when you're using VPN's, TOR's, proxies, etc.

So needless to say I'm rather hesitant at this point to even try. Not sure if they've updated their security measures or what but the last thing I need is to get my account closed down for even attempting to disguise my location.
    Yes. I wouldn't try it if you value your BF account.

I heard several years back of some punters having had their accounts closed after BF detected them circumventing their system like that so it seems they've had the means to do it for a long time now.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

Hareeba, I don't get why you are nit picking Brettels's comments, I understood exactly what he meant and so would everyone else.

Also this is news to me, I've had a bet365 acct for a long time and did not realise you could bet in play without ringing up!

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Hareeba, I don't get why you are nit picking Brettels's comments, I understood exactly what he meant and so would everyone else.

Also this is news to me, I've had a bet365 acct for a long time and did not realise you could bet in play without ringing up!
    I ddn't set out to nit pick him.

He did post as fact that Australians can't bet live on-line.

I initially let that pass and posted what is the more accurate statement to the effect that it is players physically within in Australia who can't bet live on-line. Your nationality is irrelevant. Your location is the determining factor.

I agree it is only a minor point and that many would have understood the true situation. That's why I let his statement pass without calling it wrong.

Then Brettels asked me if his post was inaccurate. It was only in response to his direct question that I said it was. Unfortunately he refused to accept what I was saying and embarked on an irrational and personally insulting series of posts until the moderators saw fit to remove the whole conversation from the thread.

tommygun

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I ddn't set out to nit pick him. He did post as fact that Australians can't bet live on-line. I initially let that pass and posted what is the more accurate statement to the effect that it is players physically within in Australia who can't bet live on-line. Your nationality is irrelevant. Your location is the determining factor. I agree it is only a minor point and that many would have understood the true situation. That's why I let his statement pass without calling it wrong. Then Brettels asked me if his post was inaccurate. It was only in response to his direct question that I said it was. Unfortunately he refused to accept what I was saying and embarked on an irrational and personally insulting series of posts until the moderators saw fit to remove the whole conversation from the thread.
    Hmmm I see you on here alot Hareeba, always seem to be getting into arguments/disagreements with people and I'm starting to realise why this is. Is your occupation a school teacher or a lawyer of some description?

Anyway back to the real news, I spoke to Bet Fred customer service and they said they would not allow Australians to bet live in play, only over the phone...

Hareeba!

Hmmm I see you on here alot Hareeba, always seem to be getting into arguments/disagreements with people and I'm starting to realise why this is. Is your occupation a school teacher or a lawyer of some description?
    I'm no lawyer or teacher, just a mere punter.

Yes Tommy, I do manage to find myself in the midst of a few arguments.

But if you were to take the time to look at what led to them it has always followed an insulting attack by one of the forum's cowards who simply prefer to post an insult rather than address the issue so that we could have a rational discussion about what we disagree on.

There are in fact a couple of posters in particular who appear to go out of their way to stalk my contributions and to then post their insults. Some would say I should simply ignore them but it's not within my nature to let such cowards have the final say and get away with it.

tommygun

I'm no lawyer or teacher, just a mere punter. Yes Tommy, I do manage to find myself in the midst of a few arguments. But if you were to take the time to look at what led to them it has always followed an insulting attack by one of the forum's cowards who simply prefer to post an insult rather than address the issue so that we could have a rational discussion about what we disagree on. There are in fact a couple of posters in particular who appear to go out of their way to stalk my contributions and to then post their insults. Some would say I should simply ignore them but it's not within my nature to let such cowards have the final say and get away with it.
    Yes I have noticed this.

Each time you respond to their comments it just adds fuel to the fire and this is what they want.
    Also I have noticed you are easy to 'wind up' and other people have noticed this too.
    And thirdly I have also seen that you bring a lot of the stuff on your self.

Fin.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I am 99% sure we all knew what Brettels was getting at.

One thing I learnt over the weekend: Hareeba is a douche.

Meanwhile, I checked out William Hill. There seems to be plenty enough live betting options there. SBObet looks good as well. I will report back when I have given these suckers a go.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    I am 99% sure we all knew what Brettels was getting at.
    Maybe you did but that doesn't excuse his continued failure to accept my point and berate me for making it. There may well have been other readers who didn't know and are one day likely to visit Australia and it is of relevance to them.

If nothing else is apparent from so many complaints on this forum about bookies' rules it is the importance of clarity and unambiguity.

And there is no need for you to start throwing insults about either.

MatI

You have added nothing to the discussion with your constant replies.

Harden the fuk up.

Or maybe just fuk off.

Hareeba!

You have added nothing to the discussion with your constant replies.

Harden the fuk up.

Or maybe just fuk off.
    And just what have you added?

MatI

My opinion on the matter at hand, which is finding a book.

You are more interested in getting into an internet tit for tat, and you are it it again. I am interested in finding a book to replace B365 and you are not helping the matter at all.

I just signed up to WilliamHill and made my first live bet.

This is my last reply to you, you don't exist anymore thanks to forum software!

Hareeba!

My opinion on the matter at hand, which is finding a book.

You are more interested in getting into an internet tit for tat, and you are it it again. I am interested in finding a book to replace B365 and you are not helping the matter at all.

I just signed up to WilliamHill and made my first live bet.

This is my last reply to you, you don't exist anymore thanks to forum software!
    Good luck.
    Wm Hill is just like the rest of the Euro books. Show any talent and you'll be limited to peanuts quick smart.

It has never been my intention to get into tit for tat. But if posters take cheap shots at me I am not going to sit back and let them get away with it.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

another Hareeeebaaaaaaaa spam thread lols...
    Shari i just wish SBO would have the option for US odds, make it happen with SBR

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    another Hareeeebaaaaaaaa spam thread lols...
    defending myself against false accusations and insults is spam?

tommygun

Good work Mattl, so just to clarify u opened an acct and placed a bet without having to phone up? Correct?

Lol @ Monte

tommygun

Ps. Hareeba! Are you retired or something? You seem to be on here 24/7????????

Hareeba!

Ps. Hareeba! Are you retired or something? You seem to be on here 24/7????????
    Far from retired ... I work hard and long hours ... but there are many gaps between races, sporting events and bet matching which need to be filled

MatI

Good work Mattl, so just to clarify u opened an acct and placed a bet without having to phone up? Correct?

Lol @ Monte
    Placed bet online, NOT over the phone.

tommygun

U work long and hard hareeba but ur on here so often? Often at strange hours too.

And thanks for that matl, if u find any others b sure to post it in here

shari91

Guys, let's keep the thread about trying to find new online live betting outs for Aussies now that 365 is gone. We're all trying to help each other out here so let's stay focused

tommygun

No worries Shari, got any others?

shari91

No worries Shari, got any others?
    I'm still trying to get up the nerve to try to get a William Hill account again. It looks like them and SBO seem to be the popular choices though so I'm going to have to suck it up and just do it. At least Mat was our guinea pig and Bruce knows quite a few Aussie guys live betting at William Hill too so we have some feedback. And they're definitely safe so there's no worries about our cash.

tommygun

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I'm still trying to get up the nerve to try to get a William Hill account again. It looks like them and SBO seem to be the popular choices though so I'm going to have to suck it up and just do it. At least Mat was our guinea pig and Bruce knows quite a few Aussie guys live betting at William Hill too so we have some feedback. And they're definitely safe so there's no worries about our cash.
    I reckon I will jump on the Will Hill bandwagon too, but from all reports expect to be limited ~

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Isn't Betfair always better than let's say WHill for live betting?
    From all i heared, WHill is just one of those british books that don't like ppl with a clue.

Hareeba!

Isn't Betfair always better than let's say WHill for live betting?
    From all i heared, WHill is just one of those british books that don't like ppl with a clue.
    I'm sure Betfair is superior for h2h markets but if you are playing from Australia you can't do it online in-play.

tommygun

Isn't Betfair always better than let's say WHill for live betting? From all i heared, WHill is just one of those british books that don't like ppl with a clue.
    I'm sure Betfair is superior for h2h markets but if you are playing from Australia you can't do it online in-play.
    monte ur missing the point, we are looking for books that you can bet live in play from australia without having to call up.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

ericnixau
    ericnixau's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Guys, I just joined this forum today. Particularly because I'm looking for an alternative for live betting over the internet for Australian resident. So far I guess we have Will Hill and Sbobet, is that correct?
    I never use either of them, how about the deposit/withdrawal process with them. What payment method do you guys normally use? Thanks for the advise

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by ericnixau View Post
    Hi Guys, I just joined this forum today. Particularly because I'm looking for an alternative for live betting over the internet for Australian resident. So far I guess we have Will Hill and Sbobet, is that correct?
    I never use either of them, how about the deposit/withdrawal process with them. What payment method do you guys normally use? Thanks for the advise
    I'm not into live betting but as for funding overseas books from Oz, I don't think you can beat Moneybookers. After funding them you pay no fees for transfers to and from almost every bookie worth using and withdrawals are also free.

tommygun

Quote Originally Posted by ericnixau View Post
    Hi Guys, I just joined this forum today. Particularly because I'm looking for an alternative for live betting over the internet for Australian resident. So far I guess we have Will Hill and Sbobet, is that correct? I never use either of them, how about the deposit/withdrawal process with them. What payment method do you guys normally use? Thanks for the advise
    I know Smarkets works for live betting...found that out today...

ericnixau
    ericnixau's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys, when we bet with international bookmakers say Will Hill, do we need to use GBP instead of AUD? Can we use AUD (i.e. deposit and withdraw in AUD) so there is no foreign currency conversion? Thanks for the advise

First 123 Last