patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

sportsbetting taking a shot at me

Played with these guys for years with no issues. Up lifetime there. Haven't played there since November. Deposited yesterday and made 3 wagers on POSSIBLE super bowl matchups. Bet the following

NE/SF over 47
    NE -4 over SF
    Balt/SF over 39.5

I log in today and see they are still pending. Went to live chat and asked for the to be no actioned since the games will not take place. I get an email 30 minutes later stating that the games will be graded as a LOSS because the matchups will not occur! I cannot believe this...every other shops grades these as no action if the game does not happen. If the game happens you have action at those prices. No where on the wager screen did it state this crazy stipulation that if the 2 teams do not make the game the wager is graded as a loss. NO way would I or anyone with half a brain bet this if it's a loss not no action. Called and talked to a supervisor who explained to me this is how it is graded. He did say he would file a complaint for me and see if it can be reviewed again. I filed a complaint with SBR just now as I am in total disbelief that they would pull this crap. They are taking a shot at me and if you have funds there beware. Hopefully its a misunderstanding and they regrade it as no action. If they don't I would not recommend playing there

patswin

Here is what every other offshore shop does with these wagers

Jan 19 02:25 PM
    by: INTERNET23966618
    NFL
    Jan 22 03:05 PMSTRAIGHT BET
    [99999] BAL RAVENS +2-115
    345/300
    NO BET
    N/A CANCEL

patswin

It even says No action on the wager ticket now, see below

2011-12 - SUPER BOWL XLVI Prospectives - Possible Matchups San Francisco 49ers No Action
    New England Patriots 02/05/2012(14:30 ET)
    Over 47
    Yet they grade it as a loss?

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I log in today and see they are still pending. Went to live chat and asked for the to be no actioned since the games will not take place. I get an email 30 minutes later stating that the games will be graded as a LOSS because the matchups will not occur! I cannot believe this...every other shops grades these as no action if the game does not happen.
    ???

Post email text. I'm going to read their TOS right now (although nothing justifies this BS)

JohnAnthony

If a contestant upon whom a bet is placed, and that bet is part of a combination bet, does not take part in an event, or where the event is called off, abandoned or cancelled, i.e. for whatever reason the event does not take place and no supplementary event takes place within 24 hours, then that leg of the combination bet will be deemed void or a Non-Runner.
    Tried showing them their own TOS?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Presumably these were straight forward -110 (hypothetical) totals? If so, I suspect it is a misunderstanding and that the Live Chat "support" and the supervisor are just being planks.

OTOH, the books got hammered on teasers last night!

patswin

email text
    Dear Patrick,

Thank you again for choosing SportsBetting! We hope to continue to serve and entertain you for many seasons to come.

Your wagers bet id 79982840, 79982839, 79982838 will be graded the day of the event. You wagered on a possible match up, so considering they will not be playing it will be a loss. The wagers will stay on file untill the event date.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to find me over Live Chat by logging on and just asking to chat with me. You can always use this email address (zack.reed@accthost.info). If I were to be unavailable when you call, you can always speak to any of my colleagues, they will be happy to assist you when I am unable to do so.

patswin

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
    Tried showing them their own TOS?
    thanks for this it hopefully will be helpful

patswin

money is back in my account!!

sbr please cancel my complaint
    looks like they figured it out

JohnAnthony

I think you misread their e-mail, because they are English speaking monkeys. I think that perhaps they meant that it will be counted as a LOSS so long as it hasn't been officially declared as VOID.

Anyway, glad to see your money's back, perhaps it's time to reconsider your bookie selection?

Cheers man,

patswin

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
    I think you misread their e-mail, because they are English speaking monkeys. I think that perhaps they meant that it will be counted as a LOSS so long as it hasn't been officially declared as VOID.

Anyway, glad to see your money's back, perhaps it's time to reconsider your bookie selection?

Cheers man,
    I actually called them and spoke to 2 different CS people and they both told me the same thing, since the teams i bet on would not be playing the bet is a loss. I told him that was fraud, no where in the wager did they state this. I told him I considered it theft and would report it to sbr. Pissed me off cause i recommended these guys all the time and really they have been good to me until now. COuld be a simple misunderstanding I guess but when you hear it from 2 different people I thought the funds were lost. This is something that a BetUs would do. They had a bad reputation going back a few years and you never know with these places. I will not be reupping there again.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

what do the tickets state?

odysseus
    odysseus's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing I don't understand is why you would bet these "possible" matchups at this time?
    I assume it's because the odds are better now than would be the case if and when the game was definitely going to take place.
    Is it a similar situation to betting ante-post horses. The odds are better because there is a real chance the horse won't run. As in this case the bet is a loss.

patswin

I bet them because I felt the lines were off from what they would be if the teams made it. I think NE would have been -6 against st and the total would have been higher than 47. I bet these at justo their places too sometimes you can get good value if you are right. But if the teams do not match up it is automatic no action. They did correct it and the funds are in my account

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    The thing I don't understand is why you would bet these "possible" matchups at this time?
    I assume it's because the odds are better now than would be the case if and when the game was definitely going to take place.
    Is it a similar situation to betting ante-post horses. The odds are better because there is a real chance the horse won't run. As in this case the bet is a loss.
    Unless these are some sort of prop bets that list all potential outcomes (which it doesn't look like they are) you are wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by patswin View Post
    I bet them because I felt the lines were off from what they would be if the teams made it. I think NE would have been -6 against st and the total would have been higher than 47. I bet these at justo their places too sometimes you can get good value if you are right. But if the teams do not match up it is automatic no action. They did correct it and the funds are in my account
    Good to hear it worked out for you correctly...