PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Getting credit from books

This is really annoying. I have two books I use exclusively and am constantly sending in person to person transfers. I reached my limit sending from my CC through ** online, so I asked both books if they'd be willing to front me a measely $100 to wager tonight, just so I can play tonight, and then I would send in the $100 tomorrow morning when I go into town for work. Both said no. My average deposit is 5X that. What is $100 to them with the amount they make off of me. I understand they are trying to mitigate risks. but why would I send thousands and thousands of dollars to a book, and then try to pull a fast one on them over $100. What is the worst that could happen? I take a shot at them over $100 and lose and never pay up? Combined, they are prob up 50x that on me in the last year. The one book that wouldn't even offer a free play I don't think I've ever taken a payout at... maybe ONE. I know this is a sensitive topic. But it's just annoying and makes me feel like my continued business doesn't mean much to them and they don't trust me. I send them money every week, and they don't think I'm good for it? All of a sudden I'll struggle to come up with $100? Do they think I'm going to jeapordize a relationship with one of the few books left in the US over $100? Urgh... shouldn't they want to cater to a losing bettor like myself . It's annoying enough sending these person to person deposits in.

Btw the two books I use are prob the two most popular books in this forum.

chingo
    On Da Grind
    chingo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

call G.A they'll help u.

PharaohUB

ohhh very funnny. Sorry it's just my form of entertainment on nights when I have nothing to and my g/f isn't in town. It passes the time for me. So when there is a night I'd like to play, it annoys me they can't help me out when I don't feel like driving 45 minutes to a CVS to send money in.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

try betislands.. they will throw u a 50$ fp when ur down n out i bet
    btw u can also send p2p transfers online nowadays
    -stash

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    try betislands.. they will throw u a 50$ fp when ur down n out i bet
    btw u can also send p2p transfers online nowadays
    -stash
    No i know I reached my limit for the month for one method. Must not be very high? maybe 3k? I had an issue verifying my information at the other one because I moved around about the time i was trying to set up the account and used new address they couldnt verify so they wont let me send online. Oh well. Stupid U.S. offshore funding crap, and no decent books, is starting to put me off of this whole thing.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

grab the pre purchased ** cards at most corner stores.

PharaohUB

My whole point is what the hell is the risk in fronting a long time trusted customer $100 so they don't have to run out to the store when they are already home. I can't be the only person in the world to ever face this annoying situation. Just make things easier on everybody with the new regulations and having to person to person crap for every transaction.

PharaohUB

None of the books I use take cc or i would do that... I'm just annoyed more than anything. I know there are other options. I'd just like someone who gets a lot of business/money from a customer to throw them a bone. This stupid little thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and is strongly making me consider going back to 5dimes or trying some other new book.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

If your talking about heritage.....they will gladly give u a freeplay whenever.... you just have to ask them for a formal freeplay request.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The better question is why are you transferring so much money back and forth? Why not leave it in there and take a withdrawal once a month instead of so often?

mullthis
    mullthis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3200

time to switch books go to betisland they will hook you up

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mullthis View Post
    time to switch books go to betisland they will hook you up
    who are you ? how the hell you know they will

Nick Papageorgio

Would you ask the pizza parlour to front you a pie ? Online books are post up.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

I wld willing to bet one of the books is Legends. I am down 2000 there in last month and I couldn't even get a 5 dollar free play if I tried there

Nick Papageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    I wld willing to bet one of the books is Legends. I am down 2000 there in last month and I couldn't even get a 5 dollar free play if I tried there
    2k to Doc is chicken feed. Not buying that some of these places just hand out free to those that ask.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

When I was 17 I owned a pizza shop and we opened way earlier than any of the others because we had contracts with the schools. Every day had regular visitors that would pass by on way to work. One day my most frequent customers tells me man I ran out of house this morning forgot my wallet and my smokes. Can you loan me $5.00 so I can grab a pack smokes. Sure no problem. Never seen him again. I had seen him everyday for several months straight. I made about $20-$30 per week profit from this guy, I'd of gifted him the $5 if it meant he'd return. Lesson learned and experienced it many times later - I've lost friends over the fact I let them borrow money and they just disappeared and stopped coming around after.

In any case your logic is horrible fail regardless.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    This is really annoying. I have two books I use exclusively and am constantly sending in person to person transfers. I reached my limit sending from my CC through ** online, so I asked both books if they'd be willing to front me a measely $100 to wager tonight, just so I can play tonight, and then I would send in the $100 tomorrow morning when I go into town for work. Both said no. My average deposit is 5X that. What is $100 to them with the amount they make off of me. I understand they are trying to mitigate risks. but why would I send thousands and thousands of dollars to a book, and then try to pull a fast one on them over $100. What is the worst that could happen? I take a shot at them over $100 and lose and never pay up? Combined, they are prob up 50x that on me in the last year. The one book that wouldn't even offer a free play I don't think I've ever taken a payout at... maybe ONE. I know this is a sensitive topic. But it's just annoying and makes me feel like my continued business doesn't mean much to them and they don't trust me. I send them money every week, and they don't think I'm good for it? All of a sudden I'll struggle to come up with $100? Do they think I'm going to jeapordize a relationship with one of the few books left in the US over $100? Urgh... shouldn't they want to cater to a losing bettor like myself . It's annoying enough sending these person to person deposits in.

Btw the two books I use are prob the two most popular books in this forum.
    You were funding via CC transactions. You maxed out your card and now you're asking to be fronted. It looks like you're broke, unable to feed the habit.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

I shop at Walmart every week. Spend 1000's a year there. Doesnt mean I can walk in there today and ask to buy on credit. Not sure why you think a book would operate any different. A business is a business, even more so when were talking about a business that deals with nothing but degenerate gamblers.

Credit + Gambling = Disaster

The fact you not only asked for credit, but were upset enough to create this thread when it was denied says more about you then it does them.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

very embarassing thread here

PharaohUB

Not embarassed at all. I should have known the thread would come to this. Why is it that people on this board resort to being a douche, rather than having an intelligent discussion and actually trying to understand what the person is saying? I see some posts on here and it reminds me of high school. Not just in this thread but anytime anyone ever raises an issue.

To recap... I don't post up "on credit". I typically deposit using my bank card with a **** because its a hell of a lot more convenient then going to the store with cash. You ever done it? It literally takes one minute online to get a ref #. For me that beats a 30-45 minute drive at night if I decide I want to post up after I get home. Did you not know you could get a **** logo on your atm card, or have you never had a bank account?

I understand the nature of the business and I'm not going to hold a grudge against these books. I know there are a lot of slimeballs in this business and they have to have rules. However, I did post up with 5dimes this morning cause I have been wanting to give them a try for awhile and this tipped it. The point to my post was more frustration with how the offshore industry has come to this, and it isn't fun. The players keep getting shafted more and more, and when an honest player who always posts up with cash asks for a favor then just fckin do it. If anything they lost out on a free $100 because I just would have thrown it at a parley which would have lost. And then since i was going to store anyway to send it in I would have posted up even more for the weekend. So its their loss. It's just bad business on their part.

The only "business" logic I can possibly see is they are afraid I might win something with that $100, and then not post up my typical 4-500 deposit today. Well they didn't get either, so i guess that didn't work out for them.

For those of you who have never heard about a business giving a "line of credit" I am sorry for you. Maybe you are to piss poor to ever experience this or have never given a business repeat business and gotten to know people. I could get breakfast lunch and dinner today if I left my wallet at home. And I'm sorry for your pizza experience, but I would be back the next day with cash and a tip and most likely make a friend out of the experience. When people do me right, I repay it 10 times. It's just the kind of person I am. YES YOU ARE RIGHT... Walmart won't do this... but that is because Walmart doesn't have a need to keep their customers happy other than keep their prices cheap, and that's their business model. Would I expect a bone from pinnacle? No. The books I play with pride themselves on customer service, that is how they differentiate themselves from the others. And I pay for that in the prices I pay.

I can't really tell if you are all homos and just like bending over and taking it from the books? Or if you are just a bunch of nerds sitting behind a keyboard who get a boner by getting a rise out of other people?

I thought the point of this particular section was to discuss experience with books, good or bad. I really don't think I am that out of line here, and I typically side with books in 99% of cases.

Either way. I'm posted up at 5dimes. And i'll be banging my hot 22 year old blonde g/f girlfriend all weekend. Have fun rubbing one out into a sock to this post cause you got a rise out of me.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

makes me feel like my continued business doesn't mean much to them and they don't trust me.
    I get that. Two out of four offshore books I've used seemed to go out of their way to make that clear at any opportunity. Seems to be part of a business strategy.

If you were just speaking to regular CS reps I'm not surprised the automatic answer was no though. Imagine what it would be like once word got around that you could get 100 credit when needed? You may not take advantage, but you can bet 20 or 30 others would be on live chat begging for it every single night.

And how often are you likely to come back asking once given an inch?

Just a can of worms.

And it's actually kind of responsible of them to not let us bet on credit really.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    very embarassing thread here
    Yes it is.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I get that. Two out of four offshore books I've used seemed to go out of their way to make that clear at any opportunity. Seems to be part of a business strategy.

If you were just speaking to regular CS reps I'm not surprised the automatic answer was no though. Imagine what it would be like once word got around that you could get 100 credit when needed? You may not take advantage, but you can bet 20 or 30 others would be on live chat begging for it every single night.

Just a can of worms.

And it's actually kind of responsible of them to not let us bet on credit really.

This is the most sensible response so far.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Yes it is.
    Nice contribution guys

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    Would you ask the pizza parlour to front you a pie ? Online books are post up.
    This is a good post.

A good idea might be to look into a deposit method that allows for larger deposits, and give yourself enough of a bankroll to withstand a couple L's. If the method you're currently using has a maximum per day that is close to your average bet size, you should ask to speak with a manager and see what your options are.

ehp6737

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Just a can of worms.

This is the most sensible response so far.

Yes it is a good post. And it's hilarious that you agree with him since it completely explains why they didnt give you a line of credit and it just proves exactly why you're a moron for starting this thread in the first place. You've talked down to everyone in this thread simply because we didn't all just give you a big hug and tell you how right you are. In reality, we all already knew what Optional wrote. It should've already been understood for someone of your great knowledge and experience. That's why none of us really cared to take the time to thoughtfully spell it out for you because all of this should have already been painfully obvious to you.

Now what is really hilarious.......You couldn't bare to endure the "30-45 minutes" drive to deposit last night. However, you have no problem spending more time than that creating the longest posts ever seen in order to bitch about the result of your inaction and blaming someone else (the book) in the process.

It's a wonder that when any of us call or chat a book there is actually someone on the other end. I'm suprised they just havent all blown their brains out by now because of having to deal with nothing but total morons, whiners, and degenerates like the OP day after day.
    Last edited by ehp6737; 01-13-12 at 10:59 AM.

ehp6737

Not embarassed at all. I should have known the thread would come to this. Why is it that people on this board resort to being a douche, rather than having an intelligent discussion and actually trying to understand what the person is saying? I see some posts on here and it reminds me of high school. Not just in this thread but anytime anyone ever raises an issue.

To recap... I don't post up "on credit". I typically deposit using my bank card with a **** because its a hell of a lot more convenient then going to the store with cash. You ever done it? It literally takes one minute online to get a ref #. For me that beats a 30-45 minute drive at night if I decide I want to post up after I get home. Did you not know you could get a **** logo on your atm card, or have you never had a bank account?

I understand the nature of the business and I'm not going to hold a grudge against these books. I know there are a lot of slimeballs in this business and they have to have rules. However, I did post up with 5dimes this morning cause I have been wanting to give them a try for awhile and this tipped it. The point to my post was more frustration with how the offshore industry has come to this, and it isn't fun. The players keep getting shafted more and more, and when an honest player who always posts up with cash asks for a favor then just fckin do it. If anything they lost out on a free $100 because I just would have thrown it at a parley which would have lost. And then since i was going to store anyway to send it in I would have posted up even more for the weekend. So its their loss. It's just bad business on their part.

The only "business" logic I can possibly see is they are afraid I might win something with that $100, and then not post up my typical 4-500 deposit today. Well they didn't get either, so i guess that didn't work out for them.

For those of you who have never heard about a business giving a "line of credit" I am sorry for you. Maybe you are to piss poor to ever experience this or have never given a business repeat business and gotten to know people. I could get breakfast lunch and dinner today if I left my wallet at home. And I'm sorry for your pizza experience, but I would be back the next day with cash and a tip and most likely make a friend out of the experience. When people do me right, I repay it 10 times. It's just the kind of person I am. YES YOU ARE RIGHT... Walmart won't do this... but that is because Walmart doesn't have a need to keep their customers happy other than keep their prices cheap, and that's their business model. Would I expect a bone from pinnacle? No. The books I play with pride themselves on customer service, that is how they differentiate themselves from the others. And I pay for that in the prices I pay.

I can't really tell if you are all homos and just like bending over and taking it from the books? Or if you are just a bunch of nerds sitting behind a keyboard who get a boner by getting a rise out of other people?

I thought the point of this particular section was to discuss experience with books, good or bad. I really don't think I am that out of line here, and I typically side with books in 99% of cases.

Either way. I'm posted up at 5dimes. And i'll be banging my hot 22 year old blonde g/f girlfriend all weekend. Have fun rubbing one out into a sock to this post cause you got a rise out of me.
    I went into town and made 2 deposits while you were writing this novel

Jrod124
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    2k to Doc is chicken feed. Not buying that some of these places just hand out free to those that ask.
    Never said it was alot, just saying if I lost 2000 at heritage I could prolly get something. But at legends they don't give shit

Jrod124
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    I went into town and made 2 deposits while you were writing this novel
    Thats what I don't get. Took him at least 20 minutes to type that. why not drive to the store and post up?

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should play at a place like rebate wager you'll always get a freeplay if you lose.I understnd books not extending credit but some could really from being more generous when a loyal regular depositer and someone that has never cashed out asks for a small freeplay.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

yah i understand where you are coming for, but I wouldn't expect or think any book would really give you credit.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

This thread is really ridiculous.

If you want to bet on credit, then go find a local.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Not sure all the high school stuff apparently you remember it better than me. Anyway point is giving credit is very often bad business. Your post attempted to make it black and white that refusing to issue credit is poor business, and then proceeded to get all worked up over it.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Yeah bet with a Local they will give 500-1000 credit at first. Maybe more if they know u.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

scared of posting what book??

12 Last