isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

5dimes question

So I used sites with aweful lines that I new would pay out for the longest time (sportsinteraction.com being the main source) but now that I bet more frequently I switched to 5dimes to get better lines, more options, etc. I've been with them for about 2 months now, been up the whole time, and am finally taking out my first withdrawl. So I have been less than impressed, actually really surprised, on their operation based on the rating and comments that people give 5dimes on this site, so giving them the benefit of the doubt, I figure I will post what has happened and maybe I just had a weird set of events happen, or possibly someone can confirm that this is their customer service and might be time to switch books.

So they give you one free withdrawl per month, up to $40, and you have to call on a monday between 9am and 12pm EST. So last monday I called, about 15 times, and the phone rings about 40 times and half the time no one picked up, or someone picked up and hung up. Finally got in touch with someone at around 2:30 pm after like my 20th try, I explained what happened, and they said I needed to fill out some paperwork to make my withdrawl and that I couldn't do the free withdrawl till next monday. I was kinda upset about no one answering the phone and the hang ups, but I just decided I would win some more and take out more this monday, which is what happened, I'm up about 10% for the week and hence am taking out more money.

So I call this monday, I did get through to someone, but I have to call and let it ring for about 20 times, then someone picks up, they transfer me to customer service, and that rings about 30 times, then I finally request a withdrawl, the whole process takes about 20 minutes, which is way to long in my oppinion, and then they tell me to call tomorrow to get the info to receive the money that it will be done within 24 hours.

So I just speak with them, the info isn't ready, and I am told to try back after 3 PM.

If the money is ready later on then fine, but with all the reviews I figured that 5dimes was top notch and there would be great customer service, fast payouts, and no bull. Am I really going to have to let the phone ring like 30 times everytime I want to speak with someone, deal with long transfers, deal with people picking up and hanging up the phone? Just wondering if I had a bad experience that is unusual or if this is the norm?

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Biggest complaint about 5 dimes is their customer service. I have called them and some times no one picks up. However, I think their poor customer service is worth it for the options, low limits, liberal parlay & teaser rules, and solid racebook they provide. I have never heard of them not paying. If customer service is your #1 criteria for choosing a book go elsewhere.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14062

i called yesterday for the free payout. someone answered in just a few rings. i was done in 5 minutes on the phone. do not expect any problems at all.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

just get on live chat...so much easier and takes 2 min. usually...and the money is always ready the next day...never had a single problem with even 1 withdrawl there...

if customer service is your #1 thing, i hear maria at WSEX treats customers like kings

people do complain about customer service being rude, but never happens to me very often...but then again i could care less how well some1 kisses my ass, its worth the having the most betting options and knowing u will always be paid out timely

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

By phone or chat it's never ever taken more than 5-7 minutes from start to finish. Also, I've always had my payout exactly when they said I would.

Isotopes, though I've never personally had the kind of experience with requesting a payout as you describe, I could see that's it's plausible, especially in the 4 hour slot once a week they do free payouts. They must get bombarded. But to answer your overall question they're A+ because they're great in 9 out of 10 categories, it just so happens CS is the one there not. But to have a minor inconvience such as this every now and again is outweighed by everything else you get with 5Dimes. Especially if you were with SI before, the moneylines alone you now get at 5D compared to SI make you/save you money every single day.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Alright, maybe the issue is that everyone is trying to contact them during that 4 hour window. Guess I'll just be patient, seems like this is not the norm, Thanks for all the info and that's why I asked, seemed like it couldn't be there norm based on everyone's high recomendations.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

They may be a pain but nobody is even close to their options and lines that I've seen. Sad but true.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

5Dimes prefers that customers use Live Chat for everything. They're not too keen on doing their jobs and actually TALKING to them.