VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

BetIsland Bonuses

Should you opt for the free 1/2 point bonus Monday through Friday or the reduced juice of -107 when you deposit for the first time?

NeverBackDown
    NeverBackDown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I may take bonus, don't have much to deposit right now.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

I would take the 1/2 point.

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

depends what you bet. If mostly basketball, the half points are great, especially since there are tons of weekday games. If mostly football, then it's mostly saturday/sunday games, and the free half point can't be on and off key numbers anyway.

I bet mostly CBB and college foots, but I use the free half point, and am very pleased with its effect in basketball.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

I got the half point and like it but probably better off with the 107 juice if it is true 107 both ways and the don't move it often. Don't know about that but BI is a good book and you will enjoy being there!

VTranX

bump

VTranX

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysDrawing View Post
    depends what you bet. If mostly basketball, the half points are great, especially since there are tons of weekday games. If mostly football, then it's mostly saturday/sunday games, and the free half point can't be on and off key numbers anyway.

I bet mostly CBB and college foots, but I use the free half point, and am very pleased with its effect in basketball.
    "from Monday through Friday get a free half point on all NFL and NCAAF sides and totals.*"

I think it's limited to football.

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

No, it's not.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10539

If you're in it for the long haul,reduced juice is better.How many times does that 1/2 really help?

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would like a half goal in soccer, please

lol

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Quote Originally Posted by MBENZ View Post
    If you're in it for the long haul,reduced juice is better.How many times does that 1/2 really help?
    Actually about 3-4 times in cbb alone(TCU) last night for example;but thats just one mans opinion

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Feel I let the forum and everyone down with this book last night. I hit San Diego State 2h - 8.5, only to see San Diego St. as +8.5. on my post confirmation screen. I tried calling right then, during second half and after game, as I did not want to appear as though I was betting into a bad line with a generous FreePlay nonetheless. During this time, double and triple checked in my pending bets that it indeed said I was getting 8.5 with SD state. I guess I was dialing their main number when only the exclusive wagering number was open so I got no one.

This morning what do I see? Bet graded as a loss with the San Diego St. being replaced with a San Diego University. Kind of irritating, I want to say... somewhat shady, I want to say real shady, but I did not take a screen shot and for that I apologize to everyone...

See, here's the deal. I was playing with house money and well was in more of an altruistic mood about the whole thing, even to the point where I was hoping SDSU did not cover the 8.5 so I could just think "well, should have lost anyway, even if I felt free-rolled. Again, cause it was a free free-play. SDSU covers and then I see it was graded as a loss...Now I am just a little irked, but think - it will get fixed in the morning...oh it was.

What was fixed in the morning? My history log now read San Diego UNIVERSITY. No more State.

Out of all the possible combination's of what could have happened, this was the last one I would have wanted to see...leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth...and unfortunately this is nor the first time this has happened with Bet Islands.

I guess I am writing this to just kind of inform everyone, make sure they keep a look-out and again apologize for not taking the screenshot, but truth be told I didn't want the screen shot. I didn't want hoopla. I didn't want a seen. I would have hated having to come on here with that kind of proof against BI. They are like a friend or acquaintance you really like, but keep doing things that make you wonder..

So l like BI, so much so kind of even hid these comments in this thread instead of starting a new one, but what's the deal?

VTranX

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysDrawing View Post
    No, it's not.
    yuh it is, i just asked live chat.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by VTranX View Post
    yuh it is, i just asked live chat.

I've been getting free half points on all basketball and football M-F