thieves - malta
    thieves - malta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tipico - thieves !!!

Tipico is such a low company. They have stolen 60 Euro from my account. Yeah, just 60 Euro. Let me get it straight.
    I opened an account with them on Sunday and paid in 15 Euro. That was just for having some fun and not making serious money. I received a 15 Euro bonus. After a couple of bets and betting for some 8 hours or so my balance was up to 60 Euro. All of a sudden they closed my account. I asked them why they did that and did not receive any reply. I contacted them yesterday and they told me I should send in my id. I did that. A bit later I tried to log in and all of a sudden my account was deleted. Yes, not only temporarily closed – deleted!!!! I contacted them and never received any replay – again. Then I told them I will inform the German authorities of their behavior and received the following reply:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Kindly note the following parts of our terms and conditions:

"IV. Opening an Account / Account

3. If an account is opened and run in breach of the conditions specified in section IV.1 Tipico or a legal institution of Malta is entitled to confiscate the funds contained in this account."

This is the final decision of our security department and is not open for further discussion.

Kind regards
    XXXXXXX, tipico.com Support-Team

--
    Tipico Co. Ltd.
    Portomaso Business Tower
    St. Julian's STJ 4011
    Malta
    Company Registration No. C34286

IV. Opening an Account / Account

1. General
      By opening a betting account/deposit account the betting customer declares that he:

a) is 18 years or older,
      b) is not a restricted person with respect to business activities,
      c) does not use funds gained through criminal activities,
      d) is opening the account for personal use and has no commercial intentions,
      e) aware of the current General Terms and Conditions of Tipico and expressly accepts them.

Can someone please explain me what I did wrong?
    I am far older than 18 years.
    I am not a restricted person etc
    15 euro – criminal activity??????????
    15 euro is for personal use – what commercial intentions should I have for 15 euro????

What a bunch of thieves. I don t care about the 60 Euro but their behavior is ridiculous. Wow, what a low company!!!!

in play, run(s)
    in play, run(s)'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

German authorities? Tipico is based in Malta, so they won't care about German authorities.

Shocking story, but Tipico did these things in the past, so I believe you tell the truth. What deposit method did you use? CC?

Or they charged you with d) and labelled you as a bonus abuser

thieves - malta
    thieves - malta's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have betting shops here in Germany. I used a prepaid card. 'Bonus abuser? I even sent them my id. From now on I will avoid any company operating out of Malta.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmm. fill in sbr complaint form.
    it looks indeed like a weird story. 15EUR deposit + winnings confiscated just like that?? hard to believe.

i used tipico often and with satisfaction.

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

^ Tipico is D rated on SBR which basically means don't waste your time.

OP, don't generalize about books from Malta. There are reputable books operating out of there. You just need to do your homework and see what SBR has rated the book. I'd suggest only using A books, but B are also fine.