Zig
    Zig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bookmaker.com “issue”

So I deposited $300 today via CC. My bank calls to confirm the transaction, I say everything is fine. A few minutes pass and it still has not hit my Bookmaker.com account. I call the customer service dept, and the person says everything looks fine and the money should be available “within a couple minutes”. Fast-forward a few hours and still nothing. I live chat with a rep around midnight EST to tell him I want to cancel the transaction. (I was planning on playing Baylor and Michigan State, so I am all sorts of pissed). He says the transaction is “processing”, so it cannot be canceled. He also tells me that ************ “take time”. I ask him if they take time, why did the rep earlier say it would be there within a couple of minutes? He tells me they have told the clerks not to give time frames and the clerk will be fired. He goes on to say that management will listen to the tapes of my conversation and proper disciplinary action will be taken. He also said that if a transaction has been processing for more than 15 minutes (my was placed around 300 pm EST) that it would likely be declined by their system.

What really bugs me is that Bookmaker has been pretty good to me over the years. Hopefully this will get resolved. Either way, I will post an update when I hear something from them.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Bookmaker has been an A1 book for many years and on the advice of a few of my friends I decided to try them with a small deposit and had a very similar experience to yours something seems a miss there!

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Man, I've had more CC bookmaker deposits than I care to admit and 99% of the time, it's a satisfying instantaneous deposit. For the other 1%, my CC declined the charge for security purposes. In my experience, when it isn't instantaneous, that means something went wrong and it's not like you'll be credited the money 10 hours later, nor is it something you can really resolve without spending hours on the phone with both bookmaker and your bank. Just forget about that deposit and try again the next day, if that fails it's the cc not bookmaker. I find that capital one cards work the best with these kinds of deposits and they don't have any foreign transaction fees so that saves a bunch of money. good luck man.