Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Does This Make Sense?

On 5dimes under the straight bet option for nhl where you can pick your own puck line for example today Carolina at Ottawa and Carolina you can pick -1 for +241. The part i don't get is i asked live chat do i win the bet if Carolina wins by 1 exactly or just 1 or more goals. He told me if they win by only 1 then it would be a push which makes no sense because they are OFFERING +241 for -1 but yet he told me that would only win if Carolina won by2 goals or more. If that is the case then i would just select the -1.5 line for more payout at +341 i mean does this really make any sense on their part? I honestly think they just have that line to get suckers to bet on it because the only way you win is with 2 or more goals? That bet should not even be offered on their site if that is the case. He told me it was "the managements right" to offer that bet ....
    Last edited by Lint Pockets; 11-27-11 at 12:27 PM.

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you take Carolina -1 and they win by 1, its a push. Where as if you take Carolina-1.5 and Carolina wins by 1, its a loss...Hence the difference in price.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Yeah, like pokerplayer said - the difference in price reflects the safety you get by still having the chance to push. Can't push with the hook so you need a 2 goal + win or you lose outright.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you serious?

You do nothing but insult people on these boards yet you are not capable of understanding the difference between a push and a win after being here for 2 years.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by Lint Pockets View Post
    On 5dimes under the straight bet option for nhl where you can pick your own puck line for example today Carolina at Ottawa and Carolina you can pick -1 for +241. The part i don't get is i asked live chat do i win the bet if Carolina wins by 1 exactly or just 1 or more goals. He told me if they win by only 1 then it would be a push which makes no sense because they are OFFERING +241 for -1 but yet he told me that would only win if Carolina won by2 goals or more. If that is the case then i would just select the -1.5 line for more payout at +341 i mean does this really make any sense on their part? I honestly think they just have that line to get suckers to bet on it because the only way you win is with 2 or more goals? That bet should not even be offered on their site if that is the case. He told me it was "the managements right" to offer that bet ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

It does not make sense, only if your sense on push is equivalent of lose.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Think of it in football terms.......... if I have the NYJ -3 +130, do I win money if the Jets win by 3? Of course not, it is a push.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

The smartest thing the OP has ever done was to choose the name "Lint Pockets". Ever wonder why you're broke, buddy?

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Obviously you people are all morons and don't realize why i made this thread. I know the difference between a win and a push that has nothing to do with this thread. The reason i made this thread is to ask what sense it makes to offer -1 at +241 if it's only a push if they win by 1. I bet to win money not to get my money back so a push would be useless to me. If I'm going to need to win by more than 1 then common sense I'm just going to pick the -1.5 for +341 for a better payout so basically the -1 is useless to me. Maybe now the idiots on here realize what I'm trying to explain.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Obviously you people are all morons and don't realize why i made this thread. I know the difference between a win and a push that has nothing to do with this thread. The reason i made this thread is to ask what sense it makes to offer -1 at +241 if it's only a push if they win by 1. I bet to win money not to get my money back so a push would be useless to me. If I'm going to need to win by more than 1 then common sense I'm just going to pick the -1.5 for +341 for a better payout so basically the -1 is useless to me. Maybe now the idiots on here realize what I'm trying to explain.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

once again.......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU

if you cant see that placing a wager that will push often may have some value then i assume you dont win much.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

This is without a doubt the stupidest statement I have EVER read at SBR.

Hey pal, do you have any idea how hard it is to take those honors?

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

OK Einstein....... maybe you might find the value if you look at it from the other side. -1 +241 as a push is a lot better than -1.5 +341 as a loss. How many times have you bet a team -1.5, but only won by one goal or run? That is why there is value there.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

It's bad enough you're obviously clueless. It's worse that your calling others morons and accusing the book of taking advantage of "suckers". It's quite clear who the moron and the sucker is here.

Your philosophy is to always take the hook with the higher ML and avoid the possibility of a push. That's fine, problem is it's just that....a philosophy. There's no right or wrong answer which approach you take in this scenario because the payout increases with the added risk. However, the fact that you are unable to grasp the concept that -1 +241 and -1.5 +341 represent 2 different risks/rewards is your problem. Based on your ridiculous logic a book then should never offer 3's or 7's in football right? Since 7 is the same as 7.5 right? If there's anyone here who shouldnt be accusing others of being a moron it's you pal.

You may want to read up a little before you decide to post here again. Another thread like this and we will need to suspend your posting priviliges.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    lmfao. I've seen that many times but I never stop loving that clip. that's some good shyt

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

OP, you should say "NO" to 5Dimes. That will make it double funny.