tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

When sending a p2p

Do you guys use ur real names?

Bobby D
    Bobby D's Avatar Become A Pro!

The cashier will ask for ID before sending the cash.

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

u can use my name

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    Do you guys use ur real names?
    Using another name is a bad idea because if there are any issues where the transfer is not able to be picked up by the receiver you will be required to show ID in order to have the money refunded to you.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

you do not have to use your name but use a someone that you trust if you need to get a refund

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    Not entirely true. They only ask for ID if sending over 1K or more (or thereabouts, I forget the exact amt). So for most transactions it's not needed. It's only always required to receive a p2p.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Using another name is a bad idea because if there are any issues where the transfer is not able to be picked up by the receiver you will be required to show ID in order to have the money refunded to you.
    Wow, sharpcat actually posted something that makes sense. Congrats on that

This is true you want to send it in a name that has a corresponding ID in case something goes wrong. On atleast 2 occasions I ran into problems where I sent money p2p and THEN found out the book gave me wrong recvr info. I needed to show my ID in those instances when I went back to the location to get a refund and resend them correctly.

A little advice......

If you're asking this question because you're worried big brother is watching and you think you're doing something wrong.....don't....you have nothing to worry about.

If you're asking because you've made a ton of transactions and you're worried you may be "banned" soon from w/u or m/g, then have a friend send it in his/her name for you. The books have no problem with this as long as you tell them in advance who the sender will be. BOL
    Last edited by ehp6737; 11-07-11 at 07:02 PM.

bigbet1234
    bigbet1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

to much info in this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Not entirely true. They only ask for ID if sending over 1K or more (or thereabouts, I forget the exact amt). So for most transactions it's not needed. It's only always required to receive a p2p.

This is true you want to send it in a name that has a corresponding ID in case something goes wrong. On atleast 2 occasions I ran into problems where I sent money p2p and THEN found out the book gave me wrong recvr info. I needed to show my ID in those instances when I went back to the location to get a refund and resend them correctly.

A little advice......

If you're asking this question because you're worried big brother is watching and you think you're doing something wrong.....don't....you have nothing to worry about.

If you're asking because you've made a ton of transactions and you're worried you may be "banned" soon from w/u or m/g, then here are 2 suggestions. 1) Have a friend send it in his/her name for you. The books have no problem with this as long as you tell them in advance who the sender will be. 2) If you're always going to be the sender than change it up a little. Use your middle name as your first name. I've starting using my middle name and last name to send transactions. My middle name is also listed on my ID so no clerk will give me crap if there is a problem. I just say one is my legal name, but I go by the other, blah, blah. Also change the phone number you put down. Instead of your cell start using your home or vice versa. This way if you're doing multiple trans a month it wont appear as the same person. BOL

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by bigbet1234 View Post
    to much info in this post
    Oh stop it. Good info. SBR needs more informative posts like this and less conspiracy talk about the big bad books.

hoop22
    hoop22's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol, I hate going to the store and doing p2p when they give me names like elpidio balagatas.. I prolly look suspicious from the start with names like that.

Ced's shadow
    Ced's shadow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Amen! As an insider boys, I encourage you to use your real name or a real person in case you can't/don't want to use yours. This way you will always secure the money is either going to the book or it's coming back your way in case something else happens. Always make sure you get the name and destination the right way from he book and that the P2P company of your choice enters it in the system right as well, by doing this, you'll rest assured everything will go on smoothly.

Good luck and happy betting fellow posters

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    you do not have to show id to send only to recieve---i never do.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    you do not have to show id to send only to recieve---i never do.
    its actually up to the individual store if they require ID or not to send p2p funds...just cause u never have doesnt mean anything...its up to the store

michael_li
    michael_li's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post

A little advice......

If you're asking because you've made a ton of transactions and you're worried you may be "banned" soon from w/u or m/g, then have a friend send it in his/her name for you. The books have no problem with this as long as you tell them in advance who the sender will be. BOL
    I was about to say the same thing, I have been using P2P lately and the cashier told me that as long as I have the received and the amount is less than 1k it wont ask me for ID, there are some locations that are restricted in their system so sending money out of there would tell the cashier to ask the customer to show ID, in those cases yes you will need ID.

Another tip is also that they save the names with the phone number so I would advice you that if you are going to use multiple names, use multiple phone numbers.

Very easy to tell your brothers/fathers name in case you dont feel like making up names :P

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i sent money yesterday and the cashier who was a mid 20's male. He said let me guess, which book this going to and i said betislands. He said hmm havent heard of that and he usually send his to 5 dimes. small world i guess

hoop22

lol, why didn't you just tell him I have a buddy that I am helping out or paying a guy back for working on my car last year

hoop22

good luck