Portlander
    Portlander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Bet Jamaica Greek comparison

I was looking at moving my meager bankroll into a new book. I took a look at the various books and decided I like the software and reputation of The Greek (and BetJam looks ok too.)

When I have done a search comparing the two Jamaican books most people say that the Greek has the best props around but they suck for baseball and there lines are tough.

With BetJam many posts say the lines are good they have few props and if you win they cut your limits quickly.

Does this sum up the two books? I am a lowball small unit player trying to get a little more focused with a grind/percentage thing. I don't play baseball, and I just bet on a few games a week.

I like the look of the Greek a little more, but I don't want to just go on looks alone. Is their a reason why BetJam would be better? Why would I want to use one book over the other? Anything I might not have considered?

Thanks for any input..
    Last edited by Portlander; 01-22-09 at 12:38 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

TheGreek does offer more wagering options than BetJamaica, however BetJam does offer echecks where TheGreek doesn't. Also, if you haven't played at BetJamaica yet you can qualify for their $100 for $100 bonus, which if your a small player does help your bankroll out. Which ever book you decided of these two establishments, you won't go wrong because their both excellent shops to play at.

Portlander
    Portlander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Thanks for the input Dan. Appreciated.. The bonus is a consideration I suppose.

I opened an account with BetJam just to take a look at the site. Am I confused? I spent half an hour tooling around, but I can not see moneyline options for the superbowl or O/U for halves and quarters. All off the quarter bets show up as
    No Games available for the 3rd quarter of NFL Football
    Is this normal for BetJamaica, or am I just smoking crack?

I can't believe they don't provide these basic bets. I will keep looking around since I must be making a mistake..

Update: I called BetJam and I guess they are not going to post moneyline or halves/quarters until mid next week. Strange.. then I found the O/U points by team deep in the props list. This was really counter-intuative I thought. Ok this must just be a superbowl thing..
    Last edited by Portlander; 01-22-09 at 09:19 AM. Reason: updates

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greek is catered a little more toward professional action. I'd probably choose Bet Jam if I were you.

If you're into props, exotics, fun kind of bets, 5Dimes would be another great fit for you. They're also much more catered to players with smaller bankrolls as they have reduced juice, cheap payouts, etc.

j0hnnyv
    Nadal -210
    j0hnnyv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

ive have used bookmaker,the greek,betjm, and 5dimes.

5dimes is tops in my book. so many bets to choose from. They do MLs for all games even when theres a huge underdog (bookmake does not) there props are extensive and it takes you forever to weed thru them all. they do MLs and Team Totals for 2H wagers in hoops which is great. their inital deposit where you have to use ** or ** is not too bad...they give you more options with more account history. Their payouts are lightning fast and cheap...i requested a standard check with a free payout and it showed up in less than a week.

definitely worth of an A rating. So if you havent checked out 5dimes yet...definitely look them over. 5cent overnight lines on baseball and reduced juice on hoops and nba. cant beat it.

gm_mets85
    gm_mets85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betjam will allow for 10% reloads when you lose. I even got 15% 2 times when I asked them.. thegreek allows only once for every 30 days