Candyride
    Candyride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Vegas football opening lines - who is first?

Have heard conflicting things here. I had thought the M/Cantor was first to offer lines for the next week on Sunday afternoons. When I was there a few Sundays ago, I'm pretty sure they did indeed open before Pinnacle ... but just heard that Wynn claims to be first so now I'm confused.

Anyone know who usually opens the markets? And what are the limits? Does it vary by college vs NFL?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's a good question. I don't know the true answers... but it is funny when supposedly one book opens a line... other books follow within 5 minutes or so??? Who really does open the line... is a mystery. There's a line god out there somewhere... we really don't know his name... but everyone follows him.

NSN21
    NSN21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7886

Pretty sure the Wynn is the first, but it's in the afternoon and only to a select group of bettors. Then I think they take the numbers down until someone offshore posts, then they put them back up. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Hilton used to open two weeks ahead. Is that not the case any more? M had every line for every game all season a few years ago. Did they stop that or was it only before the season?

RickySteve

Quote Originally Posted by NSN21 View Post
    Pretty sure the Wynn is the first, but it's in the afternoon and only to a select group of bettors. Then I think they take the numbers down until someone offshore posts, then they put them back up. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Wynn sports book is a laughing stock. elohel at them pretending they have any importance in the market.

Offering the lines to select bettors is against Nevada gaming law.

Candyride
    Candyride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

OK, got it. So sounds Cantor is doing the "real" opening. Related question -- do they offer the openers at all their books or only at the M?

RickySteve

All the Cantor books have the same offerings.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Don't know about vegas books, but on sportsbetting.ag you can bet on any game in the NFL in any week.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Wynn has the first college lines in town that are not part of Hilton or Golden Nugget games of the year. Sunday around 2 or 3 oclock or something. Lines move fast and to get the opening lines you have to be one of the first. Not really worth it if you ask me. If you come in with your own lines by the time you grab a sheet and look at the numbers and get up to the window the lines will most likely be different than the lines on the sheet. It is a decent way to follow "sharp" line movement I guess.

I have heard a rumor that some sharp guy bets first and puts just $100 a game on the one he likes and he moves the lines drasically, have no idea if that is actually true.

golfbet
    golfbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

Hilton open first.
    They even have lines for the teams which play Sunday night and Monday night around 4 pm.
    I don`t know anyone other has before these games are over.
    You can bet games at least a week ahead at Hilton or Cantor.probably further ahead.
    But probably games are off between 10am to 4pm on Sunday.
    If somebody read what I wrote few weeks ago,that was about baseball.
    kind frustrated they never open before pinnacle opens.
    Southpoint or Arizona Charlies open earlier sometimes but they dont take much money.

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Quote Originally Posted by Candyride View Post
    Have heard conflicting things here. I had thought the M/Cantor was first to offer lines for the next week on Sunday afternoons. When I was there a few Sundays ago, I'm pretty sure they did indeed open before Pinnacle ... but just heard that Wynn claims to be first so now I'm confused.

Anyone know who usually opens the markets? And what are the limits? Does it vary by college vs NFL?
    I was looking at this, but all I have is the date and time. It should help you, though. It is a combination between offshore and Vegas:

1. October 30, 5:01 pm, Bet on Line.
    2. October 30, 6:08 pm, Wynn ($250 initial limit).
    3. October 30, 6:14 pm, 5 Dimes.
    4. October 30, 7:01 pm, CRIS.
    5. October 30, 7:36 pm, Pinnacle.
    6. October 31, 1:00 pm, Cal-Neva.
    7. October 31, 1:20 pm, SouthPoint
    8. October 31, 2:14 pm, Hilton.
    9. October 31, 2:23 pm, Atlantis.
    10.October 31, 2:38 pm, Caesars.

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    Wynn sports book is a laughing stock. elohel at them pretending they have any importance in the market.

Surely the second you exclude/ban anybody you are offering lines to select bettors - even if the selection process is "anybody except him"

Jontheman

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post

Surely the second you exclude/ban anybody you are offering lines to select bettors - even if the selection process is "anybody except him"

RickySteve

Um sure, obviously not what the OP meant. There is precedent that banning anyone absent criminal cause is illegal but this hasn't been rigorously tested and then you would just get $20 counter limits with approval on everything.

Jontheman

So in that case you could offer up lines with limits of $0.01 to all but your selected few bettors, so this:

"Offering the lines to select bettors is against Nevada gaming law"

...may be technically true but de facto is incorrect? That's what I was getting at.