msdw1
    msdw1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Bookmaker wire payout fee hike

I requested a $50k wire payout yesterday. The site showed a fee of $55+.005 of the payout amount. Today, I saw that I was charged $900 instead. CS said that they just updated their wire fee schedule today but I still saw the old fee formula in the cashier section.

New wire fees:
    $5,001-10k: $500
    $10,001-20k: $600
    $20,001-30k: $700
    $30,001-40k: $800
    $40,001-50k: $900

BM refunded the difference after my inquiry. Payouts are just getting ridiculous. $305 for a wire payout was already high. Now it will cost $900? I have never heard of a bank basing a wire fee on the amount wired. Are payout processor fees this out of control or is this just a money grab from BM?

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

The site is paying you $50k and you're complaining about paying a $900 fee? I guess you're one of those people that no matter what nothing is ever good enough for them.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

Quote Originally Posted by Lint Pockets View Post
    The site is paying you $50k and you're complaining about paying a $900 fee? I guess you're one of those people that no matter what nothing is ever good enough for them.
    Perhaps if you paid more attention to fees, you wouldn't have "lint pockets". Seriously, the OP has every right to bitch about a $900 wire fee-regardless of how much he's collecting. Cris gouges it's bettors on wires and B2B fees. Highest in the industry and getting worse.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

2% winners tax, that's their business model.

in play, run(s)
    in play, run(s)'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

The site is paying him? It's not like these $50k are a gift, it's his hard-earned money. The only ridiculous thing here is a company charging $900 fees
    If $900 is not too much for you, you wouldn't complain about $2000 either, am I right?

Outside the US, people wouldn't even bother signing up to a book charging a $10 fee... in fact, free withdrawals are industry standard.

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those fees are very steep. It doesn't cost that much to send money. Wires are actually pretty cheap regardless of the amount sent.

Anyone knows if DSI have also changed their Wire fees? Used to be the best way of getting money out for me after Moneybookers got taken off of their methods.

Just noticed DSI minimum wire withdrawal has been changed from $3,000 to $10,000 now. Damn, don't quite have so much there at the moment and hate using p2p to get money out...

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

like BetOnline, they rip off their clients on book to book transfers. i dont give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to any other withdrawl fee they may charge.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

2% is very high. But considering the current climate in USA, what do you expect?....suck it up.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

I wouldn't have made a recent deposit if I knew it was going to be that high. The old 1/2 % +$55 felt like the far edge of tolerance...damn.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

It's a bit tougher to send a 50k wire than $800 via p 2 p.

msdw1

Has anyone requested a wire today? They still haven't updated their site with the fees that they told me over chat. I am beginning to wonder if they just made it up. On the plus side, they are the only recommended book to offer wires up to $50k.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

What a rip off. They should just pull a Greek and get rid of all the US clients if they're going to resort to this BS.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Maybe the guy deposited 90k?????????

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Typical BM. Obviously they always pay, there is no way they ever have a losing season with these shit odds and all the fees that makes ppl think twice to cashout.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    No one is arguing that it isn't but I'm not convinced that you're right.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

Obviously. Tougher to send a check these days too, so should Books charge $900 for that service as well?

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

This is outrageous and if can be verified by SBR that its SOP then they should be downgraded to A immediately. Their fees have always bordered on the inane but this instance is outright thievery and at the best extortion.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

I hope SBR will look into this and confirm on it. I took this off their website in the last minute:

5. Bank Wires
    The processing fees for bank-to-wire transfers are calculated by taking the amount of your payout request, multiplying it by .005, and adding $55. The minimum fee for wire transfers is $70. The minimum wire payout allowed is $10,000USD.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

So let's get this straight, .005x10k = $50.
    Fees for this 50k wire should be ~$305.

They would have almost trippled that fee if the OP wouldn't have complained, giving in after he did hardly counts as the thought/try counts.

A+ for sure, my A$$. And don't start with WOW what a huge amount, glad they pay at all.
    At Pinny i could get this amount the same day via Neteller for $15 fee or free, probably (didn't try that yet cos i don't have so much money currently, but i got 15k Euro for free in under 1h before).

erickvivar
    erickvivar's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesnt look bad actually, i'm certain that processors doing bank wires are charging what they feel is worth their risk. Specially in the current environment and with those amounts. All those comparisons of sending wires to buy other items or services are useless due to the zero risk involved on the transaction. Here all the banking information of the parties is available to the banks.

So you want bank wires, great, but get ready for the fees. They will just get higher.

Pinnacle and European book comparisons are not valid. They are not dealing with the States.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14062

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Perhaps if you paid more attention to fees, you wouldn't have "lint pockets". Seriously, the OP has every right to bitch about a $900 wire fee-regardless of how much he's collecting. Cris gouges it's bettors on wires and B2B fees. Highest in the industry and getting worse.
    exactly - A+ book is a joke - because of fees - and everyone should be complaining

msdw1

BM finally updated the cashier section with the new fees.

RED
    RED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats funny, he could of lost 150k the last few weeks. You never know.