shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

5dimes new policy

Last week I placed a teaser on 5dimes. I request the ORIGINAL LINE (for ex....the drop down menu may be -8.5 @+115 but the other option is -7 @ -110) Naturally I would like the tease to take affect on the -7 line to have a new line of -1. Last week when I did this, they honored it.
    However just now they didnt. They said you can only tease from the line they set (in this case -8.5 @+115 to -2.5) - this may not seem major here, but in other situations it is! When I asked why the "manager manny" said "because that's the way we want it." When i stated that wasn't the case, he said it has been for years and tell me who did it for you bc i will fire them.
    Thats a load of BS in my opinion. 5 dimes use to be amazing in customer service. I admit I am really disappointed.

So, they offer duel lines on teasers and will only let you tease based on their preference. Basically, they are stealing points. If they ate teasing you from -8.5 @+115 rather than -7@-110...your final teaser number is still juiced at teaser rate (ie -2.5 is same juice rate at -1). I hope i am making sense here

Has anyone else had this experience?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know Bodog (SBR Rated A) is known for dual lines however, I wasn't aware 5Dimes (SBR Rated A+) is now dealing them. If that's the case then you might want to find another book sir.

shooms79

I agree. Is there a A+ rated book that doesn't offer duel lines that you know of? I think its unfair. If that is the case, i think a notice or something should be posted. I really didnt appreciate the arrogant response of the "manager"

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont play at 5 dimes but i really dont know what to make of them..i was thinking about opening an account there but every now and then i hear gripes and they seem to come at the customer with a tough guy attitude..it would make me wanna fly down there and stab em in the nuts if they talked to me like that on the phone...so **** 5 dimes...its getting harder and harder to find a no nonsense book for us players it seems...really missing the greek.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

if wanting to avoid the uber prick known as Tony wasn't enough of a reason to look elsewhere, this really takes the biscuit

PokerAndSports
    PokerAndSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

im not quite clear here.
    this doesn't sound like dual lines. more like you can straight play or parlay bought points, but you cant tease off them.
    dual lines is when one customer gets a different line than another at the same time, based usually on how they bet in the past, with the intent for example to let the fav player lay the heavy wood, but not give the dog player the same +number.
    does that make sense?
    Last edited by PokerAndSports; 10-16-11 at 05:44 AM. Reason: spelloing

chachi
    Lazy Git

well poker, its not really a 'teaser' in the normal sense if the point of origination is 1-2 pts and heavy vig away from normality is it?

and to lie to the customer and 'threaten to fire whomever allowed it before' is pure BS

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

It's not dual lines. And it certainly isn't new policy. The teaser line is set at 8.5 for favorite and dog players alike. You have the choice to tease either way off this number or pass altogether. Books, not just 5D, adjust the teaser line from the actual market line to take some of the edge away from Wong teasers (ones that go thru the 3 and 7).
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 10-16-11 at 06:39 AM.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    It's not dual lines. And it certainly isn't new policy. The teaser line is set at 8.5 for favorite and dog players alike. You have the choice to tease either way off this number or pass altogether. Books, not just 5D, adjust the teaser line from the actual market line to take some of the edge away from Wong teasers (ones that go thru the 3 and 7).
    This is the correct explanation. They have been doing it for years and plenty of other books do something similar (even Pinny).

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

It is called teaser defense.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I don't understand the issue here, 5 Dimes has ALWAYS set their teasers based on the straight lines they offer, the very reason they set those odd lines with the crazy vig in the first place is for teaser protection. There is no dual-line issue here, shooms79 has no case.

chachi
    Lazy Git

guess Im too used to the euro books and asian books where on the rare occasion I do take an alt line it is on a sensible level and inline odds wise with the underlying standard one, and Im not getting bent over for the sake of adjusting the spread

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Right, this is a long time policy. Pinnacle and Greek are probably the two highest profile books that do this. This is not a dual line because both favorite and dog bettors have access to the same line. Very surprised by the response by BigBoyDan here, but how weird is it that an SBR moderator would say an A rated book is known for doing it and you may want to find another book? On one hand we have Justin7 recommending C rated books and on the other hand we have Bigboydan telling people not to use A rated books. Very strange.

skrtelfan

Also, if they allowed you to use an alternate line to tease, they either had a temporary glitch in the software, or you were mistaken as to which was the regular line and which was the alternate line. There are lots of alternate lines at various books I would love to be able to tease but no book allows you to tease alternate lines.

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

They get a lot of criticism around here but find another book that has lines for basically EVERYTHING and will let you parlay basically ANYTHING!

Min Bet is $2 and you can parlay NFL with Water Polo, Handball, MMA, Darts, and the 4th of July Nathan's Hot Dog Contest lol

shooms79

Just to be clear...perhaps I should clarify my position. If this is their standard position, then that's fine. I think the point that I have issue with is in this example:
    The line was -8.5 +115. So when I teased, it became -2.5 (with another bet teased) @-110. Basically, the issue I have is with changing the juice. The normal pull down line was -7@-110, if I teased that with another team, it would be -1 @-110. Right? Please tell me if I am wrong or off base.
    A line is set based on the book's position. In this case, they were offering -8.5@+115 bc they wanted action on giving the points verses their line of -7@-110.
    I hope this makes sense. Maybe I am not explaining this clearly....or maybe I am just off base. Either way, it is what it is. I have no ill towards 5dimes. I am still very satisfied with their customer service and their product/service. As far as the topic of duel lines or such, I am not too familiar with that nor did i accuse them of doing that. I merely was surprised at this situation and wanted to make people aware (since there is no notice on this issue).
    My initial reaction may have been a bit much, but the guy on the other end of the phone just rubbed me the wrong way. I dont think rushing to firing an employee is the answer or not explaining it to the customer is good business practice.
    BOL fellow cappers

skrtelfan

Their regular line was 8.5. So you can tease it up to +14.5 in a 6 point teaser, or down to -2.5. The -7 is an alternate line, so of course you can't tease the alternate line. I don't know exactly what alternate lines they were offering on this game, but say they were offering -7 through +10 as alternate lines. Then the dog players could tease up to +16 and the favorite players could tease down to -1, which wouldn't be fair for 5Dimes.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

shooms, you are not off base, but you just need to understand many books list -7.5 or -8 whatever as their standard position, even it is equivalent to -7/+7 -110. The purpose is of course to discourage teaser on the favorite. But if you like to tease dog, like tonight's Dolphins, you will get extra point or 2 to your benefit. I believe 5D has done this for a long time, that is why the manager was surprised you could get it changed through CS recently, which should have not happened.

lt56
    lt56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1733

I like knowing what the line is when each team is -110. I don't like looking at the lines at 5Dimes and seeing all of these -130 lines. Other than this I think 5Dimes is a great site.