emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

BetIslands Delay

I am not too concerned as everything else about this book has been a good experience but I was told today they are having delays in payout checks. I was told Wednesday for delivery and now Saturday. Again, not concerned yet, but surprised considering the praise this book has gotten on SBR. I will say a very good book up to this point.

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah nothing to worry about you will get paid...i've made a number of withdrawls with no problems your funds are safe they are a well run book.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure Mr.Jon will be around soon enough to address this issue however, from time to time unexpected processing problems due occur with every book that caters to U.S. players.

emat

Not worried at this point. I understand its not easy getting funds in and out of US right now, but just wish these books would manage expectations a bit better. They should probably give themselves a few more days buffer for things like this.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Hmmm. Let us know if they actually do deliver on Saturday or if it is further delayed.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by emat View Post
    Not worried at this point. I understand its not easy getting funds in and out of US right now, but just wish these books would manage expectations a bit better. They should probably give themselves a few more days buffer for things like this.
    So all books should just people payouts will take 2 weeks so they don't let down some random guy like you?

emat

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    So all books should just people payouts will take 2 weeks so they don't let down some random guy like you?
    Obviously I am not the only one who probably experienced this delay so I am not just some random guy. It was also a max withdrawal. Not saying they should say 2 weeks which is way too long, but 2-3 days is probably on the short side. My point being they need to manage expectations. At the very least I should have gotten an email about the delay. Missing a payout timeframe is never a good thing for a book to do.

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

monday was a holliday may be part of the reason ...

emat

Quote Originally Posted by thejrichshow85 View Post
    monday was a holliday may be part of the reason ...
    Maybe part of it. Again, not too worried as this book has been as good as advertised up to this point. In fact had I not had this small delay I would be reporting a very positive experience with them.

Betislands
    Betislands's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Emat,

I apologize for the delay as stated on our website all checks are sent out Monday and we ask clients to allow 3 to 4 working days for delivery. Monday was a holiday for our agency so therefore you did not get your check today. Your check will be delivered without any issues within the next 24 to 36 hours. We strive to pay our clients out as fast as possible as many posters here can verify this with our same day person 2 person payouts and our checks in 3 to 4 working days.

If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to answer those for you.

Cheers,

Jon
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: thejrichshow85

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Geez Emat, get a life.

emat

Guys,

Just want to let you know I received a personal call from Jon explaining the holiday and often difficulties of getting money in an out of US. Like I said, I have nothing but great things to say about this book and sure within a day or so I will have even more good things to say about them. A call from Jon shows this book is doing the right thing and I appreciate their efforts. Absolutely did not mean to draw undue attention to them, but just using forum to do what I think was intended which is an open forum for players.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

therefore you did not get your check today.

Wow, I didn't know costa ricans 'celebrated' Columbus Day!

Must be a Nina or Santa Maria thing.

Busting your chops Jon, I assume you were referring to the banking processor.

:-)

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by emat View Post
    Guys,

Just want to let you know I received a personal call from Jon explaining the holiday and often difficulties of getting money in an out of US. Like I said, I have nothing but great things to say about this book and sure within a day or so I will have even more good things to say about them. A call from Jon shows this book is doing the right thing and I appreciate their efforts. Absolutely did not mean to draw undue attention to them, but just using forum to do what I think was intended which is an open forum for players.
    No need to feel bad. Your giving your experience. Its nice to see updates and honest information on how long checks are taking.

emat

I actually received money orders on Friday which was even a day earlier than their customer service rep told me after the delay. Money orders, not a check, so no risk of clearing issues or questions from the bank, which is another added benefit. I also very much appreciate the service they provided when I showed some concern over the delay. Personal phone call from Jon and email from customer service. I apologize for being a little quick trigger on the delay, but I guess I am a little hardened after going through this with other books. I would highly recommend BetIslands.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

I thought betislands was a cash book so why wouldn't you just get cash at **?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by princecharles View Post
    therefore you did not get your check today.

Wow, I didn't know costa ricans 'celebrated' Columbus Day!

Must be a Nina or Santa Maria thing.

Busting your chops Jon, I assume you were referring to the banking processor.

:-)
    It actually is a holiday in CR too. They call it Race day I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw74 View Post
    I thought betislands was a cash book so why wouldn't you just get cash at **?
    They mean no plastic.