housecloud
    housecloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

what is up with this bookmaker bonus?

I deposited $400 today, and asked for the Wednesday 20% bonus with a 6 time rollover (which is still pretty high in my opinion)

They gave me $410 in my cash account (covered ** fee) and $300 in freeplays..

I immediately called because I was confused as to why I had $300 in freeplays rather than $100..

they told me they gave me an Octoberfest bonus..which is $200 for free in freeplays..

I asked them what the rollover requirement is...
    they told me it's a 20 time rollover ON THE FULL DEPOSIT...

I personally think 20 times is a bit high.. so I cancelled the octoberfest bonus and stuck with my original $100 freeplay with a 6 times rollover on my full deposit. (i'm trying to accomplish that rollover anyhow with my plan of betting)

So..... thoughts? Should I have stuck with the free $200 with a 20 time rollover? hmmm..

or am I smart for what I did? I appreciate the input.. Thanks guys.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would have kept the $200 in free plays and scalped it out at another book like these ones I've listed below sir.

5Dimes (SBR Rated A+)
    Bodog (SBR Rated A)
    BetIslands (SBR Rated B-)
    DSI (SBR Rated A+)
    Legends (SBR Rated A+)
    Heritage (SBR Rated B+)

Now if you really wanted to maximize your money then you should become an SBRpro

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

I'd have taken it all and promptly tried to lose the lot by turning it into free cash at BetFair

housecloud
    housecloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm confused. but I'm also kind of new to this, if anyone wouldn't mind explaining. I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

you made the right decision by not accepting that ridicoulous roll over

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by housecloud View Post
    I'm confused. but I'm also kind of new to this, if anyone wouldn't mind explaining. I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!
    Aside from having to find enough bets to make such a large rollover before you can withdraw your cash, you are probably going to have to take poor odds all along the way so it won't be easy to make a nice profit from it

However, should you lose all your money at that book you no longer have a rollover commitment to fulfil

So if you can effectively move that money to another book, even at a small cost in vig. it is well worthwhile

I like to play my free bets on a golf or tennis tournament winner at double figure odds - preferably one I don't think will go so well - and then cover the bet by laying it at Betfair or Matchbook. Should the chosen player lose I've lost my free play but end up with close to the value of it in free cash at Betfair/Matchbook.

Of course there is a risk that the play wins and thus only increases the problem. But then there's always next week

There are other strategies involving parlays. Somewhere on this site is a thread detailing how to play them that way.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Indeed.....I clear my bonuses playing 16 four team parlays, since one parlay is guaranteed to win paying approx 76% of my freeplay amount. DSI offers me 40% reloads, so in essence that's 30% cash once the freeplay is cleared using the 16 four team parlay method.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Indeed.....I clear my bonuses playing 16 four team parlays, since one parlay is guaranteed to win paying approx 76% of my freeplay amount. DSI offers me 40% reloads, so in essence that's 30% cash once the freeplay is cleared using the 16 four team parlay method.
    but you're still left to deal with a large rollover commitment

Snatch
    Snatch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

6x rollover on 20% is too much

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    but you're still left to deal with a large rollover commitment
    Rollover isn't an issue when losing @ DSI & winning @ Betmaker.