Rush1980
    Rush1980's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betfair confiscated me 30,500 euro

This his my history :
    In 2010 I participated in a stage.
    Theme of the stage was "becoming a professional trader".

After 6 months of hard work I joined on Betfair.com .
    I began by depositing about 10,000 euros and I started to work.
    I got great results and I gained a lot of money.
    These performances have made ​​in the summer of 2010, I got sick in September and October, and I could never work with BetFair.
    In November I received an email from Betfair pricing, my account was under investigation for an suspicious evasion of the premium charge and then after about 20 days I received a mail "my account was linked to other accounts of other people. Betfair has taken 30,500 euros from my account and they asked me other 23.000 euro!I was desperate, Betfair does not listen and did not understand my explanations.
    I contacted the organizer of the stage, telling me that he had suspended the account too, but he had no money in the account.
    Someone was cheating me?
    I have learned only one way to win, I know nothing about other people's operations.
    I used my money, and my connection was from my home(my IP) or my server in England (like thousands of customers of Betfair)
    Betfair said "it was a very clear unique strategy and you admitted that you have learned the system from someone else".
    But , I ask myself and you "all the online stages that can be found on the web are potentially dangerous. Those who learn a strategy a potential evader's premium charge"?
    I have never received any other explanation from Betfair.
    I am not a UK resident, and my contract is with Betfair International jurisdiction is Malta.
    I asked several lawyers but they say that it is difficult and that the costs could exceed 30,500 euros.
    If anyone can help me or advise I would be very grateful.
    Andy

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBRforum

Seems to be a lot of new BetFair (SBR Rated A) complaints starting to come about lately which does actually start to scare me a bit. Anyways, please feel free to fill out a complaint form and one of my colleagues will be more than happy inquire about this matter on your behalf.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

If you have a legitimate case against them, and you won that case, then wouldnt the lawyers fees be paid by the losing party anyway - or does it not work that way wherever you are ?

Either way, there definately seems to be more and more complaints like this coming up all the time, which is worrying for sure - hope it gets sorted...

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20537

Another complaint from someone apparently using Betfair in an unorthodox way?

What is a "stage"?
    Who is the organiser?
    How does the strategy work?
    What country are you from?

Rush1980

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    First off, Welcome to the SBRforum

Seems to be a lot of new BetFair (SBR Rated A) complaints starting to come about lately which does actually start to scare me a bit. Anyways, please feel free to fill out a complaint form and one of my colleagues will be more than happy inquire about this matter on your behalf.
    Thanks.
    Where can I found the complaint forum?

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

Quote Originally Posted by Rush1980 View Post
    Thanks. Where can I found the complaint forum?
    The link is in his post!
    complaint form

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1658

My guess he is doing financial trading not sports.

Rush1980

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    If you have a legitimate case against them, and you won that case, then wouldnt the lawyers fees be paid by the losing party anyway - or does it not work that way wherever you are ?

Either way, there definately seems to be more and more complaints like this coming up all the time, which is worrying for sure - hope it gets sorted...
    I asked before to italian lawyers and They thought I was on Mars , then I tried with English lawyers specializing in gambling law and have asked me a substantial advance and budgeted expenses of about 30.000 euros. Now I think it's more correct to ask a lawyer in Malta.
    You think it's fair to ask IBAS? or should I resort to the LGA in Malta? or take legal and ordinary justice?

Hareeba!

I asked before to italian lawyers and They thought I was on Mars , then I tried with English lawyers specializing in gambling law and have asked me a substantial advance and budgeted expenses of about 30.000 euros. Now I think it's more correct to ask a lawyer in Malta.
    You think it's fair to ask IBAS? or should I resort to the LGA in Malta? or take legal and ordinary justice?
    Certainly start with IBAS
    From what I've read the LGA is a waste of space

Rush1980

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Another complaint from someone apparently using Betfair in an unorthodox way?

What is a "stage"?
    Who is the organiser?
    How does the strategy work?
    What country are you from?
    "stage" is a professional training who someone to provide the knowledge needed to learn a job.
    The organizer is a man who said (he showed) incredible profits by trading on Betfair and he had chosen not to work more with Betfair because contrary to the policy premium charge.
    He had chosen not to work more with Betfair because contrary to the policy premium charge.
    He always said "when Betfair was born it promoted the trading and now it denies it " when Betfair was born was a dream, , Betfair is now dead, lost dignity,it is not ethically acceptable "

The winning strategy is about making money on tennis matches live

I am from Italy.

Rush1980

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    My guess he is doing financial trading not sports.
    My activity was just about tennis matches and only during the match in live betting modality.

Hareeba!

"stage" is a professional training who someone to provide the knowledge needed to learn a job.
    The organizer is a man who said (he showed) incredible profits by trading on Betfair and he had chosen not to work more with Betfair because contrary to the policy premium charge.
    He had chosen not to work more with Betfair because contrary to the policy premium charge.
    He always said "when Betfair was born it promoted the trading and now it denies it " when Betfair was born was a dream, , Betfair is now dead, lost dignity,it is not ethically acceptable "

The winning strategy is about making money on tennis matches live

I am from Italy.
    Yeah, its a great shame that they introduced the PC and it appears to be at the root of just about all the complaints which are coming out.

However, for regular punters Betfair is far from "dead" and remains overall the best betting agency in the world.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hareeba to the rescue for betfair threads, i bet in 5 years we will still sit here reading the same thing

Toit
    Trust me.
    Toit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6775

For some reason I think the organizer of stage "becoming a professional trader" may be partially to blame here.
    I guess he got paid and doesn't give a **** after that 'training'.

Rush1980

Quote Originally Posted by King_Suckerman View Post
    The link is in his post!
    complaint form
    Thanks I proceeded to fill in the form

Rush1980

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Yeah, its a great shame that they introduced the PC and it appears to be at the root of just about all the complaints which are coming out.

However, for regular punters Betfair is far from "dead" and remains overall the best betting agency in the world.
    I agree with you, but I do not think we can discuss.
    With the introduction of the Premium Charge Betfair has become a bookmakers like othes.

Rush1980

On the Web I find hundreds of proposals "become a professional trader," I believe Betfair will confuse strategy and activities. They are two quite different things.

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Shame on you betfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

in play, run(s)
    in play, run(s)'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Hareeba shillington

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by in play, run(s) View Post
    Hareeba shillington
    any danger that you have something useful to contribute ?

else just shrivel up and disappear

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

l don't understand what that whole training and mentor-thing has got to do with it. it sounds more like an irrelevant smokescreen trying to clumsily explain why other accounts would have significant similarities to his account, so let's forget about that.

obviously the account of the OP showed a remarkable similar trading pattern to other accounts, and all of these accounts together showed a remarkable tendency to dodge the premium charge.

obviously many winning bettors nowadays are trying to avoid the premium charge by using multiple accounts. obviously these winning bettors are not stupid and are not making idiot-mistakes like same ip or same pc's like most of those retarded bonus abusers are doing. they are pretty sophisticated bettors for winning at betfair at all which is not that easy.

betfair knows people are dodging the PC (which is an idiotic charge in the first place) and thinks the OP is one of those bettors, the OP says he isn't: but obviously he's saying that even if he would be. i would as well. it's pretty naive for people in this thread to take him on his word.

so it all comes down to what evidence betfair does have. i'm not that willing to believe all they have is some vague suspicion about some shared betting strategy, they must have more. if I were the OP i would try to figure out what that something is before hiring a lawyer. the LGA is useless, IBAS is virtually useless; the UK Gambling Commission might be the OP's best shot even though technically he is regulated by Betfair Malta.

I do believe Betfair wouldn't confiscate without reason, but they're always way too (boarderline criminal) hesistant in sharing evidence. you can't just "take" 5 digit amounts which aren't yours and only send out standard e-mails with vague explanations even if they would have rock solid evidence the guy is a cheat. so i really hope you the OP can get someone, preferably the Gambling Commission, to at least look into this, regardless of whether he's telling us the truth.
    Last edited by noyb; 09-28-11 at 06:49 PM.

Rush1980

[quote=noyb;11639293]
    l don't understand what that whole training and mentor-thing has got to do with it. it sounds more like an irrelevant smokescreen trying to clumsily explain why other accounts would have significant similarities to his account, so let's forget about that.
    Irrilevant smokescreen?
    I learnt to make money with a tennis live betting.To do this I had to pay, including training, technology costs and costs for the organization I paid a lot of money.
    It was how to make a company, a business, an investment!

obviously the account of the OP showed a remarkable similar trading pattern to other accounts, and all of these accounts together showed a remarkable tendency to dodge the premium charge.
    I can't know it.
    I can speak about only my account, Betfair sayd me " you,X,Y,Z,W have a unique activity and it is a clear attempt to avoid paying the premium charge"
    My reply is " I know X ( he taught me the theory) but I don't know Y,Z and W.
    The problem is only one : Betfair confuses the activity (operativity) with the strategy,the theory.

Here's an example:
    if I go to school to learn Spanish will be inevitable that I will use words and phrases that the teacher uses.
    when I make a theme or a composition, I will be accused of copying?

obviously many winning bettors nowadays are trying to avoid the premium charge by using multiple accounts. obviously these winning bettors are not stupid and are not making idiot-mistakes like same ip or same pc's like most of those retarded bonus abusers are doing. they are pretty sophisticated bettors for winning at betfair at all which is not that easy.

betfair knows people are dodging the PC (which is an idiotic charge in the first place) and thinks the OP is one of those bettors, the OP says he isn't: but obviously he's saying that even if he would be. i would as well. it's pretty naive for people in this thread to take him on his word.
    The premium is certainly an idiot commission.
    The premium changes Betfair, Betfair is now a bookmaker as others.
    But the big problem is the application of the premium charge.
    We need clear and unambiguous parameters.
    We talk a lot of money and the parameter can not be the discretion of Betfair.
    Do you agree?

so it all comes down to what evidence betfair does have. i'm not that willing to believe all they have is some vague suspicion about some shared betting strategy, they must have more. if I were the OP i would try to figure out what that something is before hiring a lawyer. the LGA is useless, IBAS is virtually useless; the UK Gambling Commission might be the OP's best shot even though technically he is regulated by Betfair Malta.
    I don't understand.
    The UK Gambling commission has jurisdiction in Malta?
    I do believe Betfair wouldn't confiscate without reason, but they're always way too (boarderline criminal) hesistant in sharing evidence. you can't just "take" 5 digit amounts which aren't yours and only send out standard e-mails with vague explanations even if they would have rock solid evidence the guy is a cheat. so i really hope you the OP can get someone, preferably the Gambling Commission, to at least look into this, regardless of whether he's telling us the truth.
    In my opinion Betfair was right to do an investigation.
    Betfair can not decide for himself,Betfair is the accuser, Betfair does not ask anything to the customer, the customer can not defend himself, Betfair is the judge and the injured party has held the money.
    I think in the Far West there are more guarantees for citizens.

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

well few compilants out of milions accounts at betfair shoold not be any wrong,linked account with someone else is not allowed

yokspot
    yokspot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    I do believe Betfair wouldn't confiscate without reason, but they're always way too (boarderline criminal) hesistant in sharing evidence.
    "Reason"? As in "suspect wagering patterns", as used for the Happy Hour smash & grab?

Everyone does something "for a reason". Paedophiles rape children "for a reason".

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

How many reasons can an exchange have to confiscate money?
    I would say this sounds interesting, but in reality it starts to get boring...Betfair are thieves, the END.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

SBR needs to reconsider the Betfair rating. Too many accounts are confiscated without any kind of reasonable due process.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    SBR needs to reconsider the Betfair rating. Too many accounts are confiscated without any kind of reasonable due process.
    We're already in the process of investigating these matters Mr.Walker and are taking all factors into advisement before making such a decision.