sjay2k2k
    sjay2k2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

Banned at VIP Sports -- lol

So I've been banned at VIP Sports after placing a total of only five bets. And they weren't even big bets, I was already restricted by limits of $200 per bet by their crappy system.

They sent me an email saying, "We regret to inform you that our Risk Management team has made a decision to close your account. Please be advised that all pending wagers will be honored and any remaining balance can be withdrawn at your earliest convenience"

Then you log on, and you can't even access your account. I had to email them to request a refund of my balance to my Moneybookers account, which took over 48 hours.

Stay away from these clowns.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

VIP is pretty bad about cutting players limits fast. So needless to say I can't say I'm surprised at all.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

i got banned there years ago,they are a losers only wanted book,they are scared to death to take a bet and god forbid you hit on a horse

tomcarter
    tomcarter's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been ,like many othersat vip,restricted to calling in larger wagers but I have never heard of anyone "banned",especially after 5 bets. There is a great deal to complain about with vip and their bodog style direction with their lines,but there is more to this story I am sure.

rangers
    rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

it does sound strange to be banned after 5 wagers- what else is there to the story? I have been with VIP for a couple of years - mainly on horses - I have hit $200 to win on a horse- a superfecta for $2,500 and they never had a problem or tried to cut my wagers. Always have paid quickly when requested

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played with VIP for years and hundreds of bets. Did my share of winning. Never a problem.

I also can't help but suspect there is more to this story.

In any case, it looks like the booting was handled with proper professionalism.

dcbt
    dcbt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Yea, I used VIP years ago in the 'good ole days' and finished very much in the black after 100s of wagers and never had a problem with them.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

VIP has always had a special place in my heart, as they were the first book to ever show me the door, or as the guy on the phone said, "We're raising the white flag". Mind you, that was after at least a year and hundreds of wagers.....

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpage View Post
    VIP has always had a special place in my heart, as they were the first book to ever show me the door.

Awww. How sweet.

Tunes
    Tunes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

I've been at VIP for years, along with WSEX and Matchbook. Have never had any problems with VIP, withdrawals come in days by check and their customer service is top-notch. And I've won 5-figure sums and lost 5-figure sums, but have never been warned or cutoff. Then again, I don't chase lines.

I do find it almost impossible to believe that they'd cut someone off after 5 small bets. Their business is taking action, and if you give them 5 bets at $200 per, what reason could they possibly have for giving you the boot?

We haven't heard the whole story.

gambleballs
    gambleballs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 739

Hmmm. Ive been cut there too, but just to a $50 max. To be "banned" from even logging on it sounds like there may be more to the story.

Tunes
    Tunes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

Quote Originally Posted by gambleballs View Post
    Hmmm. Ive been cut there too, but just to a $50 max. To be "banned" from even logging on it sounds like there may be more to the story.

How long did it take before you were cut there? And was it from hitting them before line moves?

Big_Cheese
    Big_Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know they will take away any bonuses. They are only for losers apparently. I have also been cut down, but they will soon lift it as well. And what is the deal with the night limit ???

saintjames
    saintjames's Avatar Become A Pro!

is joe still there ?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

VIP is the only book to actually kick me out like that.

I've ended up closing at least 25 others when their limits became an utter waste of time.

Wm Hill was the weirdest .... my limit their went down to $0.00 on every wager I looked at ... wankers

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

Got shown the door also at all 3 vip books. Damn i miss that place. They paid fast though when i had my accounts closed out

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    VIP is the only book to actually kick me out like that.

I've ended up closing at least 25 others when their limits became an utter waste of time.

Wm Hill was the weirdest .... my limit their went down to $0.00 on every wager I looked at ... wankers
    Haha didn't even take you down to the standard $1.00. That's rough

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

ridiculos is a book who lowers limits and bans people. if theyu do not want players, they should just close and disband there site.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by acarmelo1 View Post
    ridiculos is a book who lowers limits and bans people. if theyu do not want players, they should just close and disband there site.
    that would be all the books then

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

at least you got your money safely.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    that would be all the books then
    no evidence of that at Piinnacle?

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    no evidence of that at Piinnacle?
    Pretty much the sole exception. Maybe greek if you don't bet steam and props?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    I've certainly been scaled back by Greek

Stumpage
    Update your status

Greek will lock your account until you get in contact with them, at which point you will recieve the stern "Don't chase steam" warning. Agree to Play Ball and you should be fine. I imagine the alternative is banishment, though I've not heard of anybody being shown the Red Card outright.

dankhank
    dankhank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by patswin View Post
    Got shown the door also at all 3 vip books. Damn i miss that place. They paid fast though when i had my accounts closed out
    Did they ban you at all three places at once? Or were you able to beat the other two, after you were banned at one?

I ask because I have been banned at VIP and was wondering if I should take a flyer by depositing into my other accounts.

The Bishop
    The Bishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

Wish I could get an account there. I believe last year they offered a promotion where prior to the season you got to choose 2 NBA teams and 2 NCAAB teams and got a free point every single time you bet them for the entire season.

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

I must be what books call square player ¨I have never been turned down anywhere Lifetime is only -5

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

does that include matchbook or betfair

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greek will cut people other than steam/prop players.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    does that include matchbook or betfair
    No. They're exchanges, not bookmakers. They're only middle men and don't mind how much you win .. it's not their money you're taking .. the more you turnover the more they make in commission whether you win or lose.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

Quote Originally Posted by dankhank View Post
    Did they ban you at all three places at once? Or were you able to beat the other two, after you were banned at one?

I ask because I have been banned at VIP and was wondering if I should take a flyer by depositing into my other accounts.
    first they banned me at one, then the others soon followed the next few days. They let me have access to the site though to get the w/d's submitted, they paid then locked my acct. Have to say they were cool about it

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

they cut me to 200 like 4 years ago but I still get bonuses because I am down lifetime

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

This post HAS to be a scam.............

They Pay FAST and I have NEVER had a problem with them.......they have paid me over $3,000 within a months time via wire.

And I play WAY more than $200 a bet at a time.

There is 100% more to this story.

Stumpage
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SmackdownV View Post
    This post HAS to be a scam.............

They Pay FAST and I have NEVER had a problem with them.......they have paid me over $3,000 within a months time via wire
    Not a scam at all. I can't speak for the OP, but I was banned outright in March 2006. Couldn't access my account at all, so I placed a phonecall and was told that they were "Raising the white flag and surrendering to me".

Account was paid out in full via Neteller over the next hour, but closed permanently. I was also forbidden from signing on with any of their family of books. Mind you, I was up on them about $30,000 overall so I could understand. They were very businesslike and polite about it.

The Bishop
    The Bishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

They don't take Americans anymore, right?

123 Last