Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Intelligent betting tips.com

No 3rd party monitoring of their results.

No archive of their results on the site.

No info on who the 18 or more sports predictors (i.e., touts) they are using to come up with a concensus pick.

Lots of hype about how great it is to use a "collective model".
    So lets look at the predictions of Jim Feist, Wayne Root, Gary Greene, Meatman, et al, and recommend the pick chosen the most often.

Eureka!

Pennies from heaven.

(Why didn't any of us think of this great modeling blueprint?).

madmiek
    Dont hate the player, hate the game
    madmiek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 543

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

On their site they publish this dribble ...

The unparalleled success of Intelligent Betting Tips is becoming legendary and the most respected sports forecasting service in the sports gaming industry.

Yet if you ask them to back up their bold statement, well, go ahead and see what you get. I did, only because they asked me for my feedback. What I got for an answer, to basically sum it up ... nice weather we're having isn't it ... they dont answer. They evade, avoid, try to change the subject, etc.

About a month ago they sent me a free pick (yea it was free but they're so called experts), and it was on NCAAF Houston @ -500 (12/3/11 home against So Miss). What kind of 'expert' promotes a 5:1 fave money line (yes their pick was to play the Houston ML!)? And if so, better see that 5:1 fave romp ... or at least just win SU (they were a 14 pt fave for the game). Houston never led in the game, and themselves got blown out.

Since my reading that dismal display of so called expertise, I tracked their future free picks they sent me. To sum up how those picks did, I wrote them back telling them to keep sending me their free plays so I could fade them to the bank.

Also, during my free trial while browsing their site, their so called experts often had winning percentages in the 30 & 40 percents. In addition, one of their so called experts would say take the fave, while another on their site would say take the dog. So if you weren't confused on what side to play already, IBT would be sure to pave the way to confusion. I thought they'd privately look at what all of their experts liked, and if they came together on a play, then that one play on one side would be published. Not so. Not so at all.

The old saying is ... put your money where your mouth is. If you're a genius and have a way of consistently picking winners, you don't sell a pick for a few bucks, you go to Vegas and make a killing. Funny thing is, you don't risk a cent by selling picks, do you? Thus, these pick peddlers don't bet their own plays, so why in the world would anyone else bet their plays?

It's so easy to prove one's talent, which is a great thing about a site like SBR. Post your play pregame so everyone can see, and show everyone how good you are. Then if you consistently pick winners, it's indisputable. And if you do, you don't sell picks to hurt your odds (or even post them), you secretly play your picks and make a boatload. Though if you do post (and/or enter a public handicapping contest), then over a certain period you can prove that you are the best. Then no one can take that away from you. It's black & white. NO gray area. IBT's words are as gray as they come.

Pay for IBT's service and who knows what you'll get. They don't back-up what they say. For all anyone knows it's not a collection of experts who have been in the industry for 30 years, it's just a kid running a racket.

Pay for picks at your own peril . Personally, its tough enough to handle losing my own pick. Paying for a pick to play that loses (and not on a fluke, or bad call, or injury but one that never had a chance), how does that make you feel? Do you feel like a sap? Do you feel like someone just profited from your ignorance, in addition to the Book that got your money? Well, you should, shouldn't you?
    Last edited by 4seasons; 01-03-12 at 03:07 PM.

4seasons

For the past month they've been emailing me this ...

Free Sports Tips & PicksSportDateExpertGame/EventThe Play CFBJanuary 08th, 2012 18PM PSTBose(267) Arkansas State at (268) Northern Illinois
    NCAA College FootballArkansas State -117

Fading it all the way ...

Northern 'Nois ML @ -102

4seasons

Another IBT free pick via email that gets blown to Smithereans. Thank you IBT, the faders' choice

IBT is more like Ignorant Betting Tips

Sportsguy_USA
    Sportsguy_USA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hmmm... The 'free' picks they're giving are away are from 3rd party cappers picks, and rarely the intelligent picks. Got into their service from the trial they offered and did well with the 'Intelligent' picks.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsguy_USA View Post
    Hmmm... The 'free' picks they're giving are away are from 3rd party cappers picks, and rarely the intelligent picks. Got into their service from the trial they offered and did well with the 'Intelligent' picks.
    So they're promoting their site by giving away 'Unintelligent' picks?