Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Marty, RX Owner, has no problem advertising a stiff book.

http://xxx.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=324860

If the stiff book really did exist, "sharp"cat and hedgehog would be over there shilling for it in multiple threads daily.
    After all, Shillheim would be vouching for the book, and that's all they need.
    Last edited by bigboydan; 09-13-11 at 07:16 PM. Reason: removed live link, no infraction levied

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

Nice try Scooter...your thread lasted all of 11 minutes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

rx is a fraud site
    its close to bankruptcy

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    its close to bankruptcy
    Care to expand a bit on this comment coach?

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Care to expand a bit on this comment coach?
    Inquiring minds would definitely like to know

Scooter

"Last edited by bigboydan; Today at 05:16 PM.. Reason: removed live link, no infraction levied"

bigboydan -

Why did you remove the link to the thread that reveals the info I refer to?

Why would including a link be a reason for an "infraction"?
    (What is the meaning of an "infraction" in this context?).

I gather you used to work here and recently returned.
    Before your return I put links in several threads and never had a problem, never had a mod remove a link, never saw the word "infraction".
    Perhaps the site has moved to a more enlightened and intelligent approach to the posting of information during the time you were away.

Would appreciate your explaining your reasons for your actions.
    Last edited by Scooter; 09-13-11 at 10:51 PM.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    bigboydan -

Why did you remove the link to the thread that reveals the info I refer to?

Why would including a link be a reason for an "infraction"?
    (What is the meaning of an "infraction" in this context?).
    I never removed it at all I just put "xxxx" where the "www" was inserted sir. The link is still in tact in case anyone wishes to read and or reply to the thread you posted sir.

Scooter

I never removed it at all I just put "xxxx" where the "www" was inserted sir. The link is still in tact in case anyone wishes to read and or reply to the thread you posted sir.
    "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" is what the link now leads to.
    Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

The link is now ng. It doesn't take one to the thread I had linked to.
    Try it.

I still don't understand - what's the point?

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

What you can try:

Try it.

The link works for me Scooter...When you click the link and the new webpage opens up, just replace the xxx with www. Pretty funny stuff. Thanks for posting.

bigboydan

What you can try:

Try it.

ALL I did was remove the "www" and replaced it with "xxx" and that was it. so if you c&p in your browser and replace the "xxx" with "www" then the link will work for you sir.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by pokerplayer22 View Post
    Pretty funny stuff.
    I just had a chance to read this thread and it was quite interesting indeed sir.

Scooter

ALL I did was remove the "www" and replaced it with "xxx" and that was it. so if you c&p in your browser and replace the "xxx" with "www" then the link will work for you sir.
    I understand that.

But what is the point, other than to add an unnecessary step to using the link?

bigboydan

I understand that.

But what is the point, other than to add an unnecessary step to using the link?
    Just a natural reaction based on my last tenure here at SBR however, after seeing the way things are around here nowadays. I guess I'll be a little more open minded about things of this nature sir.

The Prick
    Make America Great
    The Prick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3625

holy jeeesus who let bgd get close to the red button without some kinda psyche eval? or mebbe some training?

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by The Prick View Post
    holy jeeesus who let bgd get close to the red button without some kinda psyche eval? or mebbe some training?
    I've still got that ban button at hand prick. Don't make me use it on you because, in this section I'm fair but firm with my moderating. Just remember this isn't players talk so conduct yourself with professionalism, "sir".

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

A few sites do this so as not to help their competitors with SEO, but I doubt it matters very much in this case.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

I've still got that ban button at hand prick. Don't make me use it on you because, in this section I'm fair but firm with my moderating. Just remember this isn't players talk so conduct yourself with professionalism, "sir".
    if he gets banned does he go 0-4 in btp contest and we all win?

lol would be funny.

-stash

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

I understand that. But what is the point, other than to add an unnecessary step to using the link?
    Just a natural reaction based on my last tenure here at SBR however, after seeing the way things are around here nowadays. I guess I'll be a little more open minded about things of this nature sir.
    i wouldnt worry too much about peepsplace. LOL all they ever do is copy and paste sbr or rx threads and claim them as their own.. seriously they severely lack original information. its like a sub forum of sbr basically they just dont want to have fun with us over here

-stash

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who cares about the RX?

People act like it is a big surprise that forums make money advertising.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

why even talk about RX here?? what ever RX do, let them do it and don't bring them up here

HedgeHog

http://xxx.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=324860

If the stiff book really did exist, "sharp"cat and hedgehog would be over there shilling for it in multiple threads daily.
    After all, Shillheim would be vouching for the book, and that's all they need.
    I couldn't care less about Shilheim and his heavily censored forum, so don't group me that BS. FWIW, I don't shill for any Book, but I do speak out against serial fraudsters/spamsters and their supporters.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

The RX farts on cakes!

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    A few sites do this so as not to help their competitors with SEO, but I doubt it matters very much in this case.
    Right or wrong I would really prefer SBR not be used to attack other forums. Sometimes it can not be avoided such as the Ezstreet/Rx stiff job.

TugBoatCapt
    TugBoatCapt's Avatar Become A Pro!

You conduct yourself in a manner that's good for you not good for this forum Dan. FYI-Your "sir's" make you look dumb and condescending.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by TugBoatCapt View Post
    You conduct yourself in a manner that's good for you not good for this forum Dan. FYI-Your "sir's" make you look dumb and condescending.
    I don't get that vibe at all from him. I see "sir" as BBD's sign of respect for each poster, whether or not it's earned. Dan's a good guy, give him a chance mister.

Scooter

```

TugBoatCapt
    TugBoatCapt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I don't get that vibe at all from him. I see "sir" as BBD's sign of respect for each poster, whether or not it's earned. Dan's a good guy, give him a chance mister.
    Really?

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by TugBoatCapt View Post
    Really?
    I can only go by the way he's treated me over the years, fairly and with respect. Personally I welcome his return. Again, it's just my opinion, and I understand others may think differently. Never have I found him condescending towards me.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

No, that aspect hasn't changed. We remove links to other forums. The only exception I can think of is when John came into a thread and said it was ok for a particular link to stay. If Scooter has linked to other forums and they weren't removed it was simply because a Mod didn't see it and/or it wasn't reported (as they often are).

Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    No, that aspect hasn't changed. We remove links to other forums.
    Why?

bigboydan

No, that aspect hasn't changed. We remove links to other forums. The only exception I can think of is when John came into a thread and said it was ok for a particular link to stay. If Scooter has linked to other forums and they weren't removed it was simply because a Mod didn't see it and/or it wasn't reported (as they often are).
    Thanks for the clarification Shari. Tis appreciated.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Why?
    You know, I've never asked so I'd only be taking a guess which isn't a fair response to your question. However it's even alluded to in our FAQ's although the policy is no longer that the thread will get shipped to the PZ as people can't post in there any more. We simply remove the link and let the thread continue on.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

You know, I've never asked so I'd only be taking a guess which isn't a fair response to your question. However it's even alluded to in our FAQ's although the policy is no longer that the thread will get shipped to the PZ as people can't post in there any more. We simply remove the link and let the thread continue on.
    The reason has to do mainly with SEO which stands for Search Engine Optimization. I'm not a fan of the policy. I am told linking to slower traffic sites hurts our rankings. Seems like a voodoo SEO policy and probably outdated. Maybe mods could look the other way when the links are to a meaningful subject being discussed while I work on the brass.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    The reason has to do mainly with SEO which stands for Search Engine Optimization. I'm not a fan of the policy. I am told linking to slower traffic sites hurts our rankings. Seems like a voodoo SEO policy and probably outdated. Maybe mods could look the other way when the links are to a meaningful subject being discussed while I work on the brass.
    I doubt it would be enough to overcome the spam traffic that SBR receives from the Cory1111 thread, although I am sure that if the popular search engines got wind of the spam that was being allowed to carry on here that SBR would be penalized.

Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

I was going to post my feeling that whatever the reason is, it seems from another era.

The reason I always thought the policy is for is to keep readers here from going to another forum, i.e., publicizing the competition.

But this is also horribly outdated - does anyone really believe that saying "Across the street" rather than the rx or eog or whatever accomplishes anything?

If sbr is a better forum due to management policies and quality of the posters, then they'll get more hits.
    If the competition is better, then not allowing links and/or requiring people to say "across the street" is not going to prevent people from ultimately patronizing a superior site.
    Last edited by Scooter; 09-15-11 at 07:15 AM.