DeNozzo
    DeNozzo's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Greek

Hello everyone,
    I am new here, and wanted to see what the people in here think about The Greek nowadays. I have been using them since many years, but I am not sure anymore about them, because they are out of the US market. Do you think they can handle it? They must have lost a lot of customers through this. Really not sure if it might be better waiting a while and see how things go?
    What do you think?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

what do you propose waiting for?
    you have an account
    use it if they are offering the best deal at the time

DeNozzo

Waiting to see if they will stay in business!

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The greek likely lost the recreational customers making small transactions. As with Pinnacle, those US players who needed to play there will still play there.

I don't think leaving the US had any negative effect on Greek; it would only increase my comfort level playing there.

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

The Greek no more US action......means this book will not shutdown.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

For europunters are very useless book , not very good odds , no free payouts ,the only plus is that they tolerate pros.

DeNozzo

Well, they certainly lost a lot of action with this move. Can't see a lot of recreational Europen players use them, so who uses them? Obviously the pros, but is that enough?

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

True on the Euro players....a useless book.......why play Greek, when they have pinnacle.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some Euro players also like american sports, completely unrelated to betting i love watching the NBA.
    There is much more action than in soccer games.
    But yea, they copy soccer odds from Pinny or SBO and with the unfriendly juice it is useless if you are not into US sports, except sometimes 3way soccer lines cos they don't always follow moves there.

About the free payouts, this is not true unless it changed the lass months...if the account is active, i can get free Neteller cashouts each 14 days for no max amount. This is very good, and if not active you pay $15 but that is still very reasonable for whatever amount you want.

DeNozzo

I am thinking it could get difficult for them!!!!!!

orioles
    orioles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't Euro players have bookie shops on every street corner?

DeNozzo

Same with the Cris books, not sure about them either anymore.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    For europunters are very useless book , not very good odds , no free payouts ,the only plus is that they tolerate pros.
    True that they don't often have best odds but I find it worth maintaining an account as their MLB ML and tennis odds are sometimes the best about.

And they DO have free payouts if your account has been active for the past 4 weeks.

Like Matchbook, they need to start working harder on being more relevant to Euro and Asian punters if they are going to survive but I have no concerns about safety of funds currently now that they are out of Uncle Sam's sights.