the2112
    the2112's Avatar Become A Pro!

terrible - i mostly trade the exchages eg BetFair etc as they never limit ! most euro books are just for the smaller recreatinal punter and some of them have books below 90% meaning their juice is 10 % plus. pini and 5d have usually 95-98% which is a huge diff. betfair has on good games 99.99%. (juice or overround) but comissions....

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

WagerStreet
    VIP
    Boylesports
    Sportingbet

LMAOFISH
    LMAOFISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Nordicbet, Betway, Ladbrokes, Stanjames, Betsson

DBurton81
    DBurton81's Avatar Become A Pro!

WagerHub cut my limits after 4 days of winning and then booted me after playing with them for 2 weeks and running my balance up to 9K

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Quote Originally Posted by j-e-t-s jets View Post
    Greek will not cut limits unless there's good reason. Matchbook will never cut as they are an exchange. I see no reason at all to use any books but greek and matchbook.

I requested a payout from greek last week for 7,950 and it was at my door within 24 hours. The week before requested 4,000 and it was at my door in 24 hours.

2 weeks ago requested 3,000 Matchbook- at my door 36 hours.

All checks cleared within 2 business days.

Don't mess with these 2nd rate books. And I'm sorry- if books like 5Dimes cut limits then they are NOT a top book. Think about that- it's bullshit, would they cut your limits if you lose?????? Hell no, they'll let you bet away your house, family etc as long as you're losing....once you start to win they limit you????????? I rate them an F book as in FU 5Dimes.

By the way, I'm not claiming to be a good better with my recent payout. LUCKY is more like it. And trust me, I have lost all of that and then some this year.
    you are right! thegreek and matchbook both are must have books. don't know why SBR downgraded matchbook several times from A to B-. and they only have a little Technical problem once a king while and will be fixed pretty quick. If they don't have that problem in future, will they get back to their top rated position as before?

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

My limits are cut at hundreds of books............MATCHBOOK is the NUTS!

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Heritage, VegasVic

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    Heritage, VegasVic
    lol

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Bodog is limiting fast too, A rated here - what a joke!
    Also B365, Bwin, Boyle.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Fellas, I wish I had the problems of some of you guys. I am a long term gambler that has gotten wiser in time and learned how to make money in this game and I can honestly say I have never been limited. I play mainly at the greek and have withdrawn well over 5 figures since the beginning of NBA season and nobody has ever called me or locked my accout. I don't even know what the limits are at the greek but I bet it and it wins they pay. the max I have made on any bet is 2500 tihs year.

I was just curious to all the players that are getting locked out of the accounts or limited what do I have to win to get to this point? I mean I am happy winning, but would be flattered if a book told me to take a hike. It hasn't happened for me at the greek and they payout whenever I want money. I don't know of a better book.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodog uk limits me after ONE bet.

I´m still alive without a limit after 2 month at willhill and ladbrokes.

Unreal

lacoste
    lacoste's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3828

Paddypower limits me after 3 bets, nordicbet after 5 bets,Unibet after 8 bets
    Still alive with expekt, bet365 after 2.5 months

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is what you have to expect when you play at books that are not on solid financial ground. They will cut you in a second. There should be no limots on the type of wagers you make, as long as the books offers them. There should be no limit on how long before an event occurs when you make your wagers. If you want to make a wager 3 minutes before a game, you should be allowed to, unless the book specifically states that they have a certain time limit. There should be no limits placed on players because they win. The limit should be the same for all.

If you find that your book is limiting you for any reason, other than reasons specifically stated by the book, such as wagering on an event 5 minutes or earler before the event starts, or trying to wager over the books stated limit on any given wager, find another book. I know hundreds of people who wager in Vegas, and I never have met a person who has been limited unless they limit themselves, or have had problems making good on wagers that were made on credit. By that I mean people who sign for cash, and then have a problem making good on their marker.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I know hundreds of people who wager in Vegas, and I never have met a person who has been limited unless they limit themselves, or have had problems making good on wagers that were made on credit. By that I mean people who sign for cash, and then have a problem making good on their marker.
    Do you know a single person who wagers in Vegas that actually wins?

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is what you have to expect when you play at books that are not on solid financial ground. They will cut you in a second.
    Nope. It's a deliberate business model, to have poor quality high juice lines, and use "account management" (aka limiting/banning) on value punters instead.

For example, William Hill have several thousand shops, make something like $300 million profit a year even in a recession, yet limit accounts to nothing.
    Last edited by HeeeHAWWWW; 04-07-10 at 04:02 PM.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

The Greek will absolutely cut your limits to 500 if they feel like it.
    Also, they don't take kindly to betting steam. They will warn you and then kick you out if you continue to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by j-e-t-s jets View Post
    Greek will not cut limits unless there's good reason. Matchbook will never cut as they are an exchange. I see no reason at all to use any books but greek and matchbook.

I requested a payout from greek last week for 7,950 and it was at my door within 24 hours. The week before requested 4,000 and it was at my door in 24 hours.

2 weeks ago requested 3,000 Matchbook- at my door 36 hours.

All checks cleared within 2 business days.

Don't mess with these 2nd rate books. And I'm sorry- if books like 5Dimes cut limits then they are NOT a top book. Think about that- it's bullshit, would they cut your limits if you lose?????? Hell no, they'll let you bet away your house, family etc as long as you're losing....once you start to win they limit you????????? I rate them an F book as in FU 5Dimes.

By the way, I'm not claiming to be a good better with my recent payout. LUCKY is more like it. And trust me, I have lost all of that and then some this year.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by Bullajami View Post
    Las Palmas limited me in 4 bets.
    I got booted the same day... not sure how many plays but it wasn't much. I suspect they didn't like my last name.

coldhardfacts
    coldhardfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL at all this "steam" BS. News flash - It's the book's job to set the line, and the bettor's to pick the side based on that line. If you can't routinely set a decent line that enables you to make a profit, then either limit the action per bet and adjust the line accordingly, or get into a business for which you might be more qualified. Like say, the shoe shine business.

FWIW, my experience with 5 dimes has been almost entirely positive. And, at least in the sports I bet (the 4 major American sports), they make the line adjustments as quickly as anyone.

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

For me it was betmania, after 7 bets. Lost my free half a point.

coutman
    coutman's Avatar Become A Pro!

betsson
    bwin
    betway
    willhill

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by coldhardfacts View Post
    LOL at all this "steam" BS. News flash - It's the book's job to set the line........
    No, it's to make money. They're not a public service :-)

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

mostly all european

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    yes, the book doesn't have to let you play, they are running a business, winning alot is the least of your worries, i am sure between vegas and offshore, the people who are really good will find a way to make enough money

coldhardfacts
    coldhardfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post

The point is, if they have half an idea of what they're doing they are going to make money. Why should they care if player X wins consistently as long as he gives them play and helps them balance their action? Most of these shops that limit or cutoff individual players have no more idea of how to run a bookmaking business than they do about performing brain surgery.

eatdust11
    eatdust11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

SportsInteraction

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Betsafe is Number 1!

Betsafe, Boylesports, Bet365, Betsson..

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Fellas, I wish I had the problems of some of you guys. I am a long term gambler that has gotten wiser in time and learned how to make money in this game and I can honestly say I have never been limited. I play mainly at the greek and have withdrawn well over 5 figures since the beginning of NBA season and nobody has ever called me or locked my accout. I don't even know what the limits are at the greek but I bet it and it wins they pay. the max I have made on any bet is 2500 tihs year.

I was just curious to all the players that are getting locked out of the accounts or limited what do I have to win to get to this point? I mean I am happy winning, but would be flattered if a book told me to take a hike. It hasn't happened for me at the greek and they payout whenever I want money. I don't know of a better book.
    it's not so much about how much u win. it has alot to do what lines u bet, I was betting whit unibet,bet365,expekt,nordicbet and alot more bookies for years and never got my limits lowered but as soon as I started arbing it didnt take them long to limit me to very small amounts

First 123