crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Wager at the greek graded incorrectly

I don't think the people at The Greek understand baseball very well, or at least the ones grading wagers.

I just argued with them for 10 minutes to no avail. I bet total bases Bautista/Quentin over Holliday/Bruce. Of the four players, only Bautista got a hit. So this wager should have been a win, but it was graded as a push. I was told in a phone call to customer service that the wager was graded a push because Bruce had a pinch hit. THis is incorrect. In his only At Bat, Bruce had a strikeout. I think the confusion is that Bruce came in as a pinch hitter, which just means he hit in place of the person who was currently scheduled to hit. But in the box score, it shows PH by his name. Ugh! The bet was total bases...so Bautista/Quentin 1, Holliday/Bruce 0. I could not get them to listen to reason!! The box score clearly shows Bruce did not get a hit.

Eventually I was told to call back and speak to a manager in the morning. Hopefully the manager is someone who can read a box score and understand the difference between a pinch hit and a pinch hitter. It was a pretty small amount but it's still frustrating to have a winner (which are hard to come by) be graded as a push. I am new to The Greek, but the book has a strong reputation so I am sure this mistake will be corrected. I am curious though...anyone ever not win an appeal?

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Ask for spiro. U will be impressed

-stash

Tackleberry
    Tackleberry's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had many prop wagers at the greek graded incorrectly, it is annoying but they have always been promptly corrected after an email where I direct them to the info which shows their mistake.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

I have full confidence this will be rectified. Greek has their stellar reputation for a reason. Don't sweat it.

GoldenRichards
    GoldenRichards's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't panic. They will get it straightened out.

mikeyg
    mikeyg's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will for surely get this figured out. You won! Plain and simple

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Thanks for the comments. I'd never used The Greek before so I was just curious if I should keep persisting. The lady I spoke with was pretty adamant it was a push and our exchange got carried away as I was trying in vain to teach her what a pinch hit was. Ultimately it was a pain and a hassle, but a manager finally straightened it out so no harm. I love all the betting options at The Greek!

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

surely they got it right.
    remember to keep it polite at all times - no personal attacks. they are just doing their job, not trying to f### u up.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I'd never used The Greek before so I was just curious if I should keep persisting. The lady I spoke with was pretty adamant it was a push and our exchange got carried away as I was trying in vain to teach her what a pinch hit was. Ultimately it was a pain and a hassle, but a manager finally straightened it out so no harm. I love all the betting options at The Greek!
    Hi crackerjack,

Glad to hear that your wager was promptly corrected. If you're talking to a wagering or CS clerk that is obviously mistaken, it is best to just politely ask for a supervisor.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

I just argued with them for 10 minutes to no avail. I bet total bases Bautista/Quentin over Holliday/Bruce. Of the four players, only Bautista got a hit. So this wager should have been a win, but it was graded as a push. I was told in a phone call to customer service that the wager was graded a push because Bruce had a pinch hit.
    Your main aggravation was that you called shortly after the game to try to rectify it. Every book has shortened staffs overnight, and I learned my lesson a while ago that trying to get bets graded correctly (specifically props) at night at any book is often like pulling teeth. Just wait until the next morning when they have a full staff, and your bet will be graded correctly at any decent book.

Harmy G
    cool story bro
    Harmy G's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2262

Bruce came in as a pinch hitter
    Don't all four players (and listed pitchers) have to start in order for this prop to have action?

bigballer891
    bigballer891's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmy G View Post
    Don't all four players (and listed pitchers) have to start in order for this prop to have action?

that wouldnt make sense, the starting lineups are known well before hand, everyone knows whos in and out, so Im assuming the props would be adjusted accordingly

Aristocles
    Aristocles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Hi crackerjack,

Glad to hear that your wager was promptly corrected. If you're talking to a wagering or CS clerk that is obviously mistaken, it is best to just politely ask for a supervisor.
    Yes. I was directed to a supervision early on in my dealings with Greek. He pointed out MY error in a professional manner.

That book is A+ in my world.