TryingMyBest
    TryingMyBest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

5D appreciates your help

Tried to do the right thing, and look where it got me.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Tati'
    Tati: Hello. How may I assist you today?
    Bryan : Hi Tati, I'm just letting you guys know that you've made a mistake in your baseball props section
    Tati: Good Morning Bryan
    Tati: Can I have the NSS of the proposition please
    Bryan : I don't know what that is. It's near the bottom of the props just before you get to the revised season win totals.
    Tati: The number of the proposition
    Bryan : There is no number listed
    Tati: What's the name of the proposition?
    Tati: Can you copy and paste please
    Bryan : Tue 7/12 6183 AL scores 3 runs first -109 8:20PM 6184 NL scores 3 runs first / no team 3 runs -121 Tue 7/12 6185 NL scores 3 runs first / no team 3 runs +126 8:20PM 6186 AL scores 3 runs first / no team 3 runs -156
    Bryan : You have the same prop posted twice
    Tati: NSS 6183
    Bryan : and the second time it's posted, you have completely different numbers for each choice
    Tati: That's the number
    Bryan : ok
    Tati: Ok, let me check with Wagering
    Tati: Just a moment please
    Bryan : ok
    Tati: Thank you for holding Bryan
    Bryan : sure
    Tati: I was checking with Wagering
    Tati: Did you place a bet on that line?
    Bryan : No
    Tati: I can see that you have one pending
    Bryan : Yeah. Thats not a bad line though, right?
    Tati: Don't think so
    Tati: But I'm checking with Wagering
    Tati: I'll be back in a minute
    Bryan : So nothing wrong with that wager, and I was just letting you guys know you had made a mistake in another spot
    Tati: Yes, we really appreciate that
    Tati: but I'm checking if the line is good
    Tati: One moment please
    Tati: Thank you for holding again
    Tati: The line is good
    Tati: and the wager stand
    Tati: The prop is not posted twice
    Tati: The other one is backwards
    Bryan : Alright, I see they put it back up. So just to clarify, like the bet I made for example, I win if the NL scores 3 runs first OR neither team scores 3 runs, correct?
    Tati: Correct
    Bryan : Ok, cool. If you'd like to drop a free play in my account I'd be very thankful
    Tati: Well, the line wasn't bad nor posted twice
    Tati: So, I cannot give you a free play
    Bryan : Then why'd you take it down if it wasnt bad?
    Tati: What we can offer you is a VIG free play
    Bryan : If that's the case please put it back up and I would love to bet the "NL first to 3 runs/no team scores 3 runs" for +127
    Tati: That line is there
    Tati: With the NSS 6185
    Bryan : Yes, after you changed it
    Tati: 6185 NL scores 3 runs first +127
    Bryan : Yes, but now there is no "no team 3 runs" after it
    Bryan : it's after the American League instead
    Tati: Well, the line was fine
    Tati: Again
    Tati: I cannot post a free play in your account
    Tati: But we can give you a VIG free play
    Bryan : WTF I don't even care at this point if I get anything for free but don't insult me by telling me the line I notified you about being wrong was fine all along, when you TOOK IT DOWN AND CHANGED IT
    Bryan : It was this....
    Bryan : NL scores 3 runs first / no team 3 runs +126 8:20PM 6186 AL scores 3 runs first / no team 3 runs -156
    Bryan : and now its this....
    Tati: The line was not bad
    Tati: It was a typing error
    Bryan : Tue 7/12 6185 NL scores 3 runs first +127 8:20PM 6186 AL scores 3 runs first / no team 3 runs -157
    Bryan : Isn't that definition of a bad line?
    Tati: No
    Tati: A bad line is when the odds are incorrect and we have to void the wager
    Tati: Which didn't happen now
    Bryan : So if LSU is supposed to be -10 and someone puts them in at +10 thats not a bad line?
    Tati: Again
    Bryan : thats a typing error
    Bryan : I don't want a free play
    Bryan : so dont even say it
    Tati: We really appreciate that you informed us about the typing mistake \
    Tati: like i told you
    Tati: i can give you a LESS VIG JUICE play if you like
    Tati: if LSU is supposed to be -10 and someone puts them in at +10 thats not a bad line?
    Tati: That's a bad line because the ODDS are incorrect
    Tati: Not the typing
    Bryan : OK, so for example, you put out a prop that Joe Mauer will strike 10 people out tonight, and you meant to put Roy Halladay, thats not a bad line and the line should stand because its considered a typing error?
    Tati: The name is incorrect
    Tati: so, it's a bad line too
    Tati: and the wager would be voided
    Tati: Now
    Tati: for the last time, if you want the LESS VIG JUICE, take it now
    Tati: And I'm not placing a free play into your account
    Tati: Once more, we really appreciate the information but we cannot give you a free play for that
    Bryan : So if I had bet that line I informed you about, the bet would have stood and it wouldn't have been canceled?
    Tati: Yes
    Tati: If the line is back, we void it whether you inform us about the mistake or not
    Bryan : What?
    Tati: **bad
    Bryan : You just said it wasn't bad
    Tati: I'm not saying is back
    Tati: **bad
    Tati: The bet you place is fime
    Tati: **fine
    Tati: It was just a typing mistake
    Tati: That it has been fixed
    Bryan : Ok. Instead of a less vig thing, how about offering the original line that was never bad in the first place
    Bryan : NL to score the first 3 runs/no team scores 3 runs (+126)
    Tati: like i told you
    Tati: Te TYPING MISTAKE was corrected
    Tati: as you can see the LINE did NOT change
    Tati: So, there's no point on doing that
    Tati: your bet (wich is in another LINE) will stand
    Bryan : Right now, "NL to score first 3 runs/no team scores 3 runs" is at -120. Before you corrected the "typing error" that exact same wager was at +126
    Bryan : so tell me exactly how the line didnt change?
    Tati: Bryan
    Bryan : Tati
    Tati: We are going in circles here
    Bryan : I know
    Tati: Thank you for the information a lot
    Tati: Much appreciated
    Tati: The only thing that I can and will offer you is the LESS VIG Play
    Tati: Do you want it?
    Bryan : Sure do
    Tati: Ok
    Tati: Then you need to tell me what line do you want and I'll give you the update price... Right now
    Tati: Or you can call to Wagering
    Tati: Within the next 5 minutes
    Tati: And ask for Robert
    Tati: And he'll give it to you
    Bryan : Well I don't have a game picked out right now so if I have a 5 minute window (for whatever reason) that just won't work
    Tati: Ok, then you can use it
    Tati: Those are the conditions from the Wagering Department
    Tati: **can't
    Bryan : I'm assuming you mean "can't"
    Tati: Correct

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

You're not entitled to anything for alerting a book to a line error. If they want to give you something, that's nice of them, but they are by no means obligated to do so. And in this case, they offered you a vig free wager as a thank you.

What exactly are you complaining about?

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Tati: The line was not bad
    Tati: It was a typing error

LOL........

Story of my own with 5dimes. I had the reduced jucie by default. I went to a different reward program as I dont use 5d much. I look and for a month later, I still have reduced juice lines. I KNOW if I bet them everything could be in jeopardy. I email them telling them the error...YONK!!! its gone...no perk...didnt expect any...but still odd

The typing error one is a hoot...

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    You're not entitled to anything for alerting a book to a line error. If they want to give you something, that's nice of them, but they are by no means obligated to do so. And in this case, they offered you a vig free wager as a thank you.

The typing error comment/splitting hairs in a bad line posting is LOL worthy...maybe not freeplay worthy...did entertain me with the comment

TryingMyBest

Thats not even the point. If they'd just said, "we can't do that at this time" I would have no complaints. I'm talking about the fact the line was posted incorrectly, they took it down, changed it, and then said there was never anything wrong with it

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by TryingMyBest View Post
    Thats not even the point. If they'd just said, "we can't do that at this time" I would have no complaints. I'm talking about the fact the line was posted incorrectly, they took it down, changed it, and then said there was never anything wrong with it
    OK, so they said something that made no sense, no argument here. I guess I just don't understand why that bothers you so much since it has no affect on you.

mikeyg
    mikeyg's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are that desperate for a free bet? Wouldn't worry about it really just deposit your own money and play that

TryingMyBest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg View Post
    You are that desperate for a free bet? Wouldn't worry about it really just deposit your own money and play that
    Again, not the point.

TryingMyBest

OK, so they said something that made no sense, no argument here. I guess I just don't understand why that bothers you so much since it has no affect on you.
    Well I think informing a book of a mistake, having them tell you nothing was ever wrong with it after they change the line, and then offering you reduced juice on something, but the offer expires in five minutes is poor CS. Forgive me if I thought that was the point of this forum, to talk about all aspects of different books. I have also never heard of anyone making a distinction between a "bad line" and a "typing error". Perhaps someone else had

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

^this

its clear in the chat log that the sole purpose of the op contacting chat was to get a freeplay and now is trying to say "its not the point" in this thread. i've pointed out MULTIPLE line errors to cs and have never gotten anything (but i wasnt going to beg for it). and im talking about a line like when they had the pirates at +1.5 +240

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15781

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg View Post

Agree