headgames
    headgames's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dazed99 View Post
    Please update when you get a response from Pinnacle. I like to bet action on baseball and rarely look at the starting pitchers. Thanks in advance
    They wrote earlier to inform of an adjustment on my account. On logging in, my balance now reflects the bet being settled as a winner. In essence, their response is through that action rather than an answer to my query on the rule behind voiding on such a scenario. Sorry I can't provide anything further but I think it's raised an issue I, and maybe others, might not have thought about with action bets.

Again, thank you to everyone who contributed to the discussion.

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    headgames I honestly didn't mean any disrespect to you by saying that but the simple fact is that the people who took the A's in this instance obviously wouldn't have started this thread as they wouldn't have a problem with Pinny's decision to void it. In fact, if Pinny had followed the direction that a few have suggested and just re-placed everyone's bets without consulting them, I'm sure there would be more threads than just one from people on the A's who felt robbed because an impossible pitcher was listed to begin with. That's why I think their decision was fair. Void everyone's bets with enough time for the bettor to take the correct line. If this had happened after the game was finished or even during the game, then that would be a different story.

Best of luck with it all.
    Why should they feel robbed? They chose to bet on action. They knew (or should know) that this means that if the pitcher changes from that listed at the time they placed the bet then their bet will stand at different odds. This is specifically what they wanted and what they opted for.

The listed pitcher changes.

The odds change

Their bet still has action but at the new odds (exactly what they requested to happen).

Now explain to me where their complaint would be? What difference does it make to the situation whether the pitcher was injured 6 weeks ago or that morning? The odds will still change to reflect the new pitching line-up and the new odds won't be affected by whether the old pitcher was listed as Hamels, Cookie Monster or Ghandi.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by headgames View Post
    They wrote earlier to inform of an adjustment on my account. On logging in, my balance now reflects the bet being settled as a winner. In essence, their response is through that action rather than an answer to my query on the rule behind voiding on such a scenario. Sorry I can't provide anything further but I think it's raised an issue I, and maybe others, might not have thought about with action bets.

Good on 'em !

Obviously they are just as stupid as some people think my view is.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

They wrote earlier to inform of an adjustment on my account. On logging in, my balance now reflects the bet being settled as a winner. In essence, their response is through that action rather than an answer to my query on the rule behind voiding on such a scenario. Sorry I can't provide anything further but I think it's raised an issue I, and maybe others, might not have thought about with action bets. Again, thank you to everyone who contributed to the discussion.
    Good job headgames - always nice to see someone get paid!

OSUCOWBOYS
    OSUCOWBOYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

Very glad you got paid. Was sure it wouldnt happen. Congrats!

headgames
    headgames's Avatar Become A Pro!

Appreciate it guys, thanks.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Glad to see you get paid!

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

HG

glad you got paid

i thought you wouldn't.

i'm glad i was wrong though.

it sure was a odd case though

never seen anything like it i don't think.

dazed99
    dazed99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1850

They wrote earlier to inform of an adjustment on my account. On logging in, my balance now reflects the bet being settled as a winner. In essence, their response is through that action rather than an answer to my query on the rule behind voiding on such a scenario. Sorry I can't provide anything further but I think it's raised an issue I, and maybe others, might not have thought about with action bets. Again, thank you to everyone who contributed to the discussion.

Thanx for the update and I'm glad you got paid. Guess I gotta start making sure they listed the right pitchers just to be safe.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Good on 'em !

Obviously they are just as stupid as some people think my view is.
    Your view was correct, and right on. I don't know how it is hard to understand "Action". Opening with incorrect pitcher, is just like having a pitching change before game time. Just adjust the line.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Seems like common sense to keep the bet active. Action means the player wants action regardless of pitchers. The player can't take advantage of the book because the book gets to set the odds. It's largely irrelevant to an "action" bet whether the initial pitcher was actually someone who could have potentially pitched, since there is no real rule defining what makes a "listed pitcher" aside from some pitcher that a bookmaker lists as a potential pitcher.

First 12