JohnnyRotten
    JohnnyRotten's Avatar Become A Pro!

Smarkets social betting exchange

Anyone use this site, ive found it to be great, fair enough they dont have as many as markets as BetFair but they are adding more and more. they have all the main soccer markets that i need. they take all there odds from betfair so you are guarenteed the best odds before the start and in play.

they charge 2% for moneybookers deposits and 1% for withdrawals. withdrawals to moneybookers are immediate.

i am a winning punter on soccer so its well worth my while to use this site, i think this would only be good for punters who do well instead of using betfair. losing punters better just using betfair.

paying the the deposit and withdrawal fees were MUCH less than the premium charge i payed at betfair.

this is just my opinion.

i have a prepaid moneybookers m a ster c ard and live next to a bank so get my money instantly.

SmashThat
    SmashThat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I use it occasionally and find it okay. The interface can be a bit flakey at times and needs improving. I use a DC here to avoid any deposit/withdrawal fees. Early liquidity is not there on many markets, but when it appears the odds on offer are good.

JohnnyRotten
    JohnnyRotten's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks bud, always used moneybookers but will start using my **** DC,

nikosgr
    Real pro
    nikosgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi guys.
    Smarkets is now offering via arbusers, 1% commission rate for the first 30 days rising to a flat 2.5% for 12 months. Like this, you make sure that your commission will not go above 2.5% when Smarkets starts the base rate for the rest of the players and that will be 4%.
    Also, there is a £10 free bet credit for the first 5 arbusers members that will start an account with Smarkets.
    Smarkets operates only in £, but now they will refund all exchange fees via Moneybookers.
    Unlike other forums, this is completely free for arbusers members.
    More details here: http://arbusers.com/index.php/topic,273.0.html

Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

As an alternative you could also join through another site and only pay 1% commsion for a full year so not really a good deal.

nikosgr
    Real pro

Quote Originally Posted by Border Gadgie View Post
    As an alternative you could also join through another site and only pay 1% commsion for a full year so not really a good deal.

Not true.
    The other site is offering 1% till the end of 2011, and then you go straight to 4%.
    Arbusers is offering 1% for 1 month, and then flat 2.5% for 1 year.
    Also, the other site requires a paid membership of 28 gbp, while arbusers is offering it for free.
    Not to mention that arbusers is offering 10 gbp free credit to some of it's members.

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

Charging 2% on moneybookers deposits makes it a highway robbery in my eyes.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

they're just transparently passing along MB costs ...

nikosgr
    Real pro

Quote Originally Posted by jairocon View Post
    Charging 2% on moneybookers deposits makes it a highway robbery in my eyes.

Guys,
    Take a look at the link that i gave you.
    They are absorbing all MB fees for deposit. You even make a small profit from this. Also, they cover 1 free withdrawal up to 5k.
    The conditions that arbusers offer, are ideal for someone who wants to at least try it, with out any cost. Furthermore, you have the chance for a free 15 gbp credit.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

haven't seen this Smarkets, but have heard of it, I can't imagine the liquidity being too good. I'm also getting butt ****** with this premium charge bs, and have opened up a Betdaq account but it just doesn't cut it liquidity wise.

carltonbanks
    carltonbanks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Liquidity on Smarkets seems to have improved. Also I found out they are doing free Moneybookers.

However Matchbook has free Neteller deposits for all of November.

chachi
    Lazy Git

smarkets is useful for UK football and UK racing quite often, price may sometimes be a tick or two off BF but taking the commission differential into account youre better off

carltonbanks

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    smarkets is useful for UK football and UK racing quite often, price may sometimes be a tick or two off BF but taking the commission differential into account youre better off
    Yea I found the commission difference means I'm better off on Smarkets. Anyone know if they will get Neteller?

chachi
    Lazy Git

moneybookers is more prevalent amongst their current user base I believe, but drop them an email and ask, can't hurt

carltonbanks

Thanks - talked to someone there, seem like nice guys but not planning on getting netteller.

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

Quote Originally Posted by carltonbanks View Post
    Liquidity on Smarkets seems to have improved. Also I found out they are doing free Moneybookers. However Matchbook has free Neteller deposits for all of November.
    I think the free moneybookers thing is only until the end of December.