DEP78
    DEP78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

5 Dimes - prop bet - can't lose

At 5 Dimes Baseball Prop Bets

6970 M Prado R+H+RBI < 2.5

Since Prado is on the DL and not expected back until the end of the month I would say the < 2.5 is a sure thing.

Take a shot?

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I think most of those props have a rule attached to it saying the player must play in the game and/or start.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Bet it for the limit then cry to Tony when it is graded N/A

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Yes, all player props require the player to play.

It will be voided.

DEP78

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Bet it for the limit then cry to Tony when it is graded N/A
    I knew a bet on that would be voided, but I called them and pointed it out to them a got a $25 fp

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14062

Quote Originally Posted by DEP78 View Post
    I knew a bet on that would be voided, but I called them and pointed it out to them a got a $25 fp

DEP78

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    That was cool. I saw another one that wasn't a's obvious.

J Ellsbury - score a run : yes/no.

Ellsbury is not in the starting line-up tonight. Obviously that would hinder his ability to score a run, but not totally rule it out. The only requirement I can see for this prop is that - Price and Bucholtz must start. I asked the same guy at 5 Dimes about that one and at first he said it would be voided because he didn't start, then he backtracked a bit and said he didn't really know how it would be handled.

What do you guys think? Would this be taking a shot a's Tony would say or is this just a case of spotting a good +EV situation? Again, I don't see anywhere where it says the player has to be in the starting lineup. Is it implied? Maybe it is.

I'm just looking for opinions on this last situation. I would like a civil discussion about this, but we'll see.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

BetUs back in the day use to hang these type of lines and always paid for a couple of months til they finally caught on. (player vs. player total bases)

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

It will be voided and Tony will hold this kind of thing against you later on.

crinkle
    crinkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1890

wow, you are a real wise guy!!!

TryingMyBest
    TryingMyBest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    I think most of those props have a rule attached to it saying the player must play in the game and/or start.
    Actually for the offense props at 5D, it only says the starting pitchers must start for action

stats13
    f&amp;ck beted
    stats13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

is this DEP guy for real. i mean really bro u think its that easy

beagle25
    beagle25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1063

I play these props everyday. If the player doesn't start then it is supposed to be canceled. Doesn't mean it will be though as the grader from time to time will fail to notice that the hitter was in the box score as a pinch hitter.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Player must start or the wager should be cancelled...sometimes 5Dimes gets confused about this and I have to correct them.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Quote Originally Posted by DEP78 View Post
    Good they gave you that at least.....In my experience, a lot of books give a reluctant thank you and then you're on your way.....

stats13
    f&amp;ck beted

Quote Originally Posted by beagle25 View Post
    I play these props everyday. If the player doesn't start then it is supposed to be canceled. Doesn't mean it will be though as the grader from time to time will fail to notice that the hitter was in the box score as a pinch hitter.
    I'd be careful about trying to take shots doing this. I could see Tony checking all your wins over time to see how many times you've won wrongly and not said anything, and all the times you complained when you lost but really pushed.

DEP78

Quote Originally Posted by stats13 View Post
    is this DEP guy for real. i mean really bro u think its that easy
    Thanks for keeping it civil. Probably the way you were raised.

The rep at 5dimes couldn't even give me a definite answer. If they included the phrase "all players involved in props must start" it would eliminate any doubt. It also would have eliminated this thread and the best of all - it would have eliminated any ostentatious comments by you.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

I for sure would never bet this type of thing without a chat log to back up my wager. Then a smallish size bet after that.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Prop limits make me sick. What's the point if I lose or win 100$? (Sometimes limits are low as 50$!?)

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

Usually props do require for the player to actually play... then again stuff happens. I wouldn't try my luck with this though. As was mentioned - it would be easy for tony to go back through the history and check if there are more bets that were wins when they weren't supposed to be. Although 5d should make adjustments to their software to get these props voided automatically.

stats13
    f&amp;ck beted

if tony reads this forum, i have no doubt he's shaking his head at this thread.

lesson 1- books aren't blatantly stupid. they might make dumb mistakes every once in awhile, but anything systematic that is outright wrong they'll either catch or be out of business soon enough

beagle25

When I said I bet these props, I did not say that I purposely picked the players not starting and hoping for 5dimes to screw up their grading. Yahoo does not post starting lineups until about 1 -2 hr before games start so unless a player is hurt you won't know for sure if they're starting when you place these bets in the afternoon and morning.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

will still look very suspicious when they do a search for these across acct history in the near future ...

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Just asking for trouble if you are going to do this at 5 dimes, sure shame on them for posting bad lines, not sure based on the amount you want to be deemed a "shot taker"

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

well, if the lines being hung were either priced higher to indicate only pinch-hitter likelihood of cashing, and indicate 'action' in event on non-start this would not happen as it would be obvious

at the moment you're not sure if you're getting maybe a decent price on the one no start-no bet proposition or getting severely screwed over as you've bet a pinch-hitter only prop at semi decent starters odds

beagle25

How has this thread turned into me taking a shot at 5dimes. If they looked at my history and saw me making $25 wagers on 5-6 of these props a day, there would be nothing unusual if I had 2-3 of them misgraded just because of the volume.

beagle25

Also they are not posting bad lines. It seems that they just randomly pick hitters they will use each day without checking to see if they are injured. For instance, today they had line on Hanley Ramirez getting an rbi and Freddy Sanchez scoring a run who are both hurt. And no I did not bet against them hoping for a misgrade.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by beagle25 View Post
    Also they are not posting bad lines. It seems that they just randomly pick hitters they will use each day without checking to see if they are injured. For instance, today they had line on Hanley Ramirez getting an rbi and Freddy Sanchez scoring a run who are both hurt. And no I did not bet against them hoping for a misgrade.
    Hanley returned from injury several days ago and has been starting.

Might want to reconsider where you get your information.