Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10486

Philosphy behind being kicked out of a book

Ok I know that there are a lot of us that have either been flat kicked out of a online sportbook or had are wagers limited so low that it it virtually the same thing. The reason that I have told is that they don't want the "professional player" well in my experience this is code for "winner." They say that they want "recreational players" which is definitley code for losers. But books are usually basing this on a short term win which is usually in the very near past and saying that you will continue beating them long term. I have been betting sports and race for about 20 years and I have only seen a very some handful a people that can show a profit two years in a row. So I guess what my point is - books are pushing away future profits by kicking out short term winning players.

ForgetWallStreet
    ForgetWallStreet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    Ok I know that there are a lot of us that have either been flat kicked out of a online sportbook or had are wagers limited so low that it it virtually the same thing. The reason that I have told is that they don't want the "professional player" well in my experience this is code for "winner." They say that they want "recreational players" which is definitley code for losers. But books are usually basing this on a short term win which is usually in the very near past and saying that you will continue beating them long term. I have been betting sports and race for about 20 years and I have only seen a very some handful a people that can show a profit two years in a row. So I guess what my point is - books are pushing away future profits by kicking out short term winning players.
    Most books can tell the difference between a random luckbox and someone who is punishing them on soft lines.

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

There's no way to hide $500 on a Finnish soccer total.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    It's pretty easy to tell someone has a clue. I'd imagine most that have been limited here have had at least 1 account that has been limited despite having lost money to that book.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

It's not about winning, it's about the bets you make. Beating the closing line, betting steam, beating props, etc. are signs that you are sharp, regardless of short term results... and the books know this.

colts
    colts's Avatar Become A Pro!

re

I know what you are talking about. I was kicked out of BODOG for the same reason. They, "Bodog", are a bunch of punks! First they reduced my limits, then they closed my account. No valid reason was ever given. As far as I'm concerned, they can go f..k themselves.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by goblue12 View Post
    There's no way to hide $500 on a Finnish soccer total.
    Try mixing it in with other good plays in parlays, for smaller amounts.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

if u beat them they will do whatever it takes to limit their losses

mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

you will get kicked out when you bet 80% props thats a red flag

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10486

The point i am making is that it is nearly impossible for the player to beat a book long term. If the book boots them when the player is ahead (which many of them do) then it seems that they are cutting their own throats.

GoIrish682
    GoIrish682's Avatar Become A Pro!

are you guys really for real
    i dont kno-w a single person who has been kcked out

do i8 jsut know suckers?

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

there's no philosophy... after sweets are all eaten, move to pinny, asians and BetFair.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish682 View Post
    are you guys really for real
    i dont kno-w a single person who has been kcked out

do i8 jsut know suckers?
    you must

limited to the degree that its no longer worthwhile is effectively the same thing but I've only once had my account closed whereas I've been limited to the waste of time level at 25 or more books

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need more xchanges for americans.

fedex11204
    fedex11204's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1949

I got kicked out of Heritage or limited and I am by no stretch of the imagination a sharpie but since I only bet 2nd halves they bounced me.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

If you bet a line for the max, and every time you do, they move the line immediately, the book respects your opinion. To some books this is very valuable information.