igor 11
    igor 11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stan James limit

Recently StanJames drastically limited my account on several €.Does anyone have experiences if it is a final decision or there is hope that over time they increase the limit again.

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steam machine ?

igor 11

Quote Originally Posted by tukkk View Post
    Steam machine ?
    UK bookie.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by igor 11 View Post
    UK bookie.
    unless they have some bets others don't , just head over to pinnacle

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by igor 11 View Post
    Recently StanJames drastically limited my account on several €.Does anyone have experiences if it is a final decision or there is hope that over time they increase the limit again.
    every week someone comes on here and posts the same complaint about one of these UK books as though it's a major surprise .... well it shouldn't be if you have been reading this forum .. they ALL do it

move on to the next and take what you can from them before they too do it to you ... and then move on to the next ... or better still, open accounts with all of them and close them when they slap the pathetic limits on you

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Hareeba's spot on....I'd actually forgotten all about Stan James. They limited me very quickly several years back, but that's SOP for the UK books. Stan James, Ladbrokes, Will Hill; It's always the same outcome.....

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    every week someone comes on here and posts the same complaint about one of these UK books as though it's a major surprise .... well it shouldn't be if you have been reading this forum .. they ALL do it

move on to the next and take what you can from them before they too do it to you ... and then move on to the next ... or better still, open accounts with all of them and close them when they slap the pathetic limits on you
    some will simply close your account before you have the choice to go away. i've used 2 uk books for quite a while (say 50-100 bets per 200-500eur) without being limited, but then got mail that they are closing and that pending wagers will be paid as they unfold.

Joey Zaza
    Joey Zaza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3579

I hate the clueless UK bookies with a passion, but if you are a scalper/arber or a bonus whore, then you deserve to be limited.

Stan James actually rate towards the higher end of the UK bookmaker spectrum for me because they do at least employ market makers, unlike the scum at places like Betfred, Paddy & Blue-Sq, who just rip prices from other books and absolutely NEVER go out with an opinion of their own.

Best to avoid all UK books if you can. Hopefully the emergence of the Asian books and some market competition for Betfair will make this possible.

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

can anyone that was limited provide a bet example please and why was it limited

Joey Zaza
    Joey Zaza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3579

Korbal, if you happen to be on a side that the price crashes on (steamer?), they will slap a limit on your account. If you happen to bet a side at best market price more than a couple of times, they will close you down. They don't want anyone betting with them who uses price comparison websites or has the cheek to do a bit of homework before placing their bets. They sell the assumption that you can win. But it's not true. It's immoral, but they get away with it. They are all too lazy to be genuine bookmakers. They just copy lines from Betradar/Betfair.

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally i use all the uk books for many years betting 100-200 euros,but never limited me except 888.,com and bluesquare.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had a good experience with Stan James years back

diondublin
    diondublin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by lukahh View Post
    some will simply close your account before you have the choice to go away. i've used 2 uk books for quite a while (say 50-100 bets per 200-500eur) without being limited, but then got mail that they are closing and that pending wagers will be paid as they unfold.

Which two are these?

diondublin
    diondublin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Zaza View Post
    Korbal, if you happen to be on a side that the price crashes on (steamer?), they will slap a limit on your account. If you happen to bet a side at best market price more than a couple of times, they will close you down. They don't want anyone betting with them who uses price comparison websites or has the cheek to do a bit of homework before placing their bets. They sell the assumption that you can win. But it's not true. It's immoral, but they get away with it. They are all too lazy to be genuine bookmakers. They just copy lines from Betradar/Betfair.

I certainly know what you are talking about, but if they do not want odds comparison website customers, why do they supply odds?

They can certainly stop doing so - Ladbrokes did this a few months ago re:Oddschecker.

zebras99
    zebras99's Avatar Become A Pro!

old news. forget the uk bookies and move to the sweeter ground.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by diondublin View Post
    Which two are these?
    VictorChandler and Ladbrokes, if i recall correctly. Went on smoothly for quite some time until there was mail in the box

Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

I won a £50 free bet on Victor Chandler 'faller refund'......the freebet odds then steamed in close to the start of the race and the horse won, next day my account was closed and money returned to my bank. The freebet winner was a fluke, but the bottom line is this............they dont want punters who are not profitable, only mugs so you will be limited at any U.K. book eventually. Just move on to the next book each time and forget about it.

igor 11

I know that Pinnacle and Asian books are much better then UK books ,but they don't offer such a diversity of soccer bets like UK books.

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think that Igor tries to say that SJ often have higher odds than pinnacle on different games.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by DIF View Post
    I think that Igor tries to say that SJ often have higher odds than pinnacle on different games.
    that certainly didn't come to mind in my reading of his post

gliblet
    gliblet's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you find yourself limited at SJ then a few low value mutiple (parlay) bets will sometimes see your limits raised again.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpage View Post
    Hareeba's spot on....I'd actually forgotten all about Stan James. They limited me very quickly several years back, but that's SOP for the UK books. Stan James, Ladbrokes, Will Hill; It's always the same outcome.....
    this
    Last edited by sportsfanatic; 07-12-11 at 06:44 PM.

psreed
    psreed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Yes agree completely. Stan James, Victor Chandler, BetFred, William Hill, Boylesports et al, don't watse your time. Just stick with Pinnacle.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Standard for all Euro books