robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Player vs 5D (diverted, off-topic discussion)

For example, I had a case where I was given incorrect deposit info by sportsinteraction. I sent it under a different name, which I asked if that was ok, the customer service rep said yes. When I called it in, they said they could pick it up since it was under a different name. I did a complaint here, it was researched and sbr sided with SIA. I called the customer service manager, calmly explained everything, he understood and it was resolved. SBR was firm on their ruling. It is all a joke. They will come down hard on non sponsor books, but look out if it is a sponsor book. The fact that SIA reversed the decision while SBR strongly supported their initial decision only leads to how SBR poorly presented it to SIA and how they protect their sponsors. I provided all the details fully. You can't expect much in these cases.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    For example, I had a case where I was given incorrect deposit info by sportsinteraction. I sent it under a different name, which I asked if that was ok, the customer service rep said yes. When I called it in, they said they could pick it up since it was under a different name. I did a complaint here, it was researched and sbr sided with SIA. I called the customer service manager, calmly explained everything, he understood and it was resolved. SBR was firm on their ruling. It is all a joke. They will come down hard on non sponsor books, but look out if it is a sponsor book. The fact that SIA reversed the decision while SBR strongly supported their initial decision only leads to how SBR poorly presented it to SIA and how they protect their sponsors. I provided all the details fully. You can't expect much in these cases.
    if that's total evidence and facts of this case, then i agree sbr's official decision/position was outrageous. p2p transfers sometimes HAVE TO be made under a different name b/c you're physically limited in regards to how much you can send during one distinct time period. what does book care which name it was send under as long as they can pick up the funds, which they should be able to as long as you REPORT the relevant information after the transaction.

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    That's scary.
    Almost makes you want to play at non-SBR sponsored books

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whatever gets them money.

cyberinvestor
    cyberinvestor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

In some ways it is good and some ways bad. SBR may come in with an initial bias but if the evidence isn't there and they keep the bia then I think you would have a riot. In the 5Dimes case, SBR can rule for 5Dimes without blindly going with a sponsor book. The guy did break the rules, love it or hate it.

SBR has a large following and a lot of pull. Due to that if you play at their sponsor books you have another advocate on your side (assuming you don't break book rules as we see in the 5Dimes case). If SBR rules in your favor (be sure to keep ticket receipts, etc.) then there is a great chance you get paid. Because if a sponsor book goes against SBR then SBR should demote them (there are plenty of other books willing to be an A+ sponsor and meeting that A+ level of quality because of the business it means to them) at which point the combined withdrawal of every player who follows SBR could really take a bite out of the book who goes against SBR. Look at EZStreet (although they were not a sponsor and sucked before this situation).

It's life. There is good and bad with everything but I prefer having a company like SBR than not having one. Even if you say thay have bias (conscious or subsconcious) it's still better than being on your own against an offshore outlet.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    if that's total evidence and facts of this case, then i agree sbr's official decision/position was outrageous. p2p transfers sometimes HAVE TO be made under a different name b/c you're physically limited in regards to how much you can send during one distinct time period. what does book care which name it was send under as long as they can pick up the funds, which they should be able to as long as you REPORT the relevant information after the transaction.

Exactly, all the places I've used before it doesn't matter the name sending the money. I had the sense of mind to still ask. Not a problem. I called it in and there was a problem. In their T&C's it says no third party transfers or something like that. Ok, I could see that. Maybe SIA is stricter because of where they are located, etc. I respect that. Got nowhere with them at first and even had the chat logs. I opened a complaint here, which was very detailed. I get a response from SIA saying there is nothing they could do and I should have used my own name. Then I get a follow up from SBR, mod name will not be mentioned, saying i should have used my own name and it is in their t&c's. In my complaint I said i couldn't use my own name as it is flagged, hence I asked if it was ok to send it under a different name. With the responses I got I wondered really what effort there was or if the details were passed along. SBR stood firm on SIA decision. I spoke with the CS manager from SIA and calmly explained everything again. He resolved the matter in an hour. He was nice and professional to boot.

I know SBR is here to help, but with what I just explained above you have to wonder. The total sent was $125.