katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Transfer now between Pinny and Cris

Took me about an hour to get this information from CS at both places. Without going into the inane claptrap from the CS at both places, it finally came down to this. Cris manager said they don't send to Pinny, thus Pinny won't send to them.

I haven't needed to transfer from Pinny to Cris for a while, so I obviously didn't know there was a problem.

SBR Justin? Anybody else? You have any insight into this problem? Who started what and why? It is a sad day when the 2 big boys won't trade anymore.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

It just another pissing match between Costa Rica and Curacao because it is such a pain in the azz to "play bank/money transfer agent" to the players"

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

or could this be a case of Pinnacle now being wary of being held to be in breach of US laws by being seen to facilitate a US client (I know Pinnacle aren't supposed to have any) to fund an account with an offshore betting agency?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    or could this be a case of Pinnacle now being wary of being held to be in breach of US laws by being seen to facilitate a US client (I know Pinnacle aren't supposed to have any) to fund an account with an offshore betting agency?
    I don't buy this.
    Last edited by Justin7; 05-06-11 at 08:46 PM.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I tried 10 times last week to transfer and bookmaker told me I wasn't allowed to do transfers anymore because I'm not on their transfer list. No one could tell me why or since when such a list existed. I didn't try to send to any other book, because they implied I couldn't transfer anywhere. Perhaps this is what happened. This is really a pain in the ass.

justonetime
    justonetime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4467

I also want to know the reasons behind this. Cause for concern?

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

It could be just a baseball season thing. Much more money leaving Cris for Pinny this time of year I would imagine. Cris may be changing their overall B2B policies though.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was hoping SBR might be able to make a phone call and find out?

slash
    slash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11532

Quote Originally Posted by justonetime View Post
    I also want to know the reasons behind this. Cause for concern?
    I would be concerned. There is no reason to disallow transfers. They could just increase the fees if they want to discourage it.

Is pinnacle still doing transfers with other books and what about cris?

OSUCOWBOYS
    OSUCOWBOYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

A few valid reasons for CRIS to stop Pinny xfers:

1. They would be a one way xfer out shop. Who is gonna play into .20 baseball lines when .08 is available at Pinny?
    2. They are already the 2nd largest "bank" in CR. Why create more headaches for themselves?
    3. Wire transfers are scrutinized now more than ever. Logistically it is just a risky endeavor.

Why offer a service which includes risk, loss of capital, labor expense, and banking fees if there is no upside? I don't blame them one bit.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is there any reason left to have $$$ at Cris?
    Not even with Greek going to 10c mlb they can quit being useless. High fees for transfers. Ridiculous futures odds. Now this.
    They also limit players quick these days from what i heared, they kick you out of the betpoints even if you are not sharp...seriously, they are just a bunch of assholes now.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCOWBOYS View Post
    A few valid reasons for CRIS to stop Pinny xfers:

1. They would be a one way xfer out shop. Who is gonna play into .20 baseball lines when .08 is available at Pinny?
    2. They are already the 2nd largest "bank" in CR. Why create more headaches for themselves?
    3. Wire transfers are scrutinized now more than ever. Logistically it is just a risky endeavor.

Why offer a service which includes risk, loss of capital, labor expense, and banking fees if there is no upside? I don't blame them one bit.
    Wish u were this insightful b4 bet911 stole 9k from me.. U got bailed out Travis I didnt. Hope to see ya in Vegas some day and that pretty lady friend u have!!