bgostp
    bgostp's Avatar Become A Pro!

should i send my information to bwin.com ?

Hi there guys,

this is my story from bwin.com i had a account with bwin for i week then i play head-up vs my son on bwin my son with his account and i with my account for real money but just for fun if we win just withdrew and i give back his money.then the they after they blocked our account i had $180. Its bin 3 weeks till know our accountv is still blocked .

Today they send my this email:
    Dear Mr. *******,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We would like to inform you that your bwin account was blocked due to chip dumping. Please note that chip dumping is a serious breach of our Terms and Conditions. You can find the relevant excerpt here:

https://help.bwin.com/General/Legal/poker_tac.aspx

Poker > Fraud, software bugs & cheating

2.1. Any form of fraudulent activity on
    bwin.com, as determined at the sole discretion of bwin, is strictly prohibited. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to stolen ************, transfer of funds to other player accounts (chip dumping), forgery, collusion, and the provision of false registration data or other requested information. In addition to any other remedies provided under these Terms of Service, bwin may pursue claims for criminal prosecution and/or civil damages for any fraudulent activities.

2.5. bwin reserves the right to confiscate any funds from a Player's account and to return confiscated funds to its rightful owner in the case of fraudulent activity or cheating of any form by a Player.

We would ask you to please support us in these checks by sending us the following documentation:

- a copy of your official photo identification (e.g. driving license, identity card or passport),
    - documentation showing your current address (e.g. registration document, electricity/telephone bill),
    - documentation confirming the deposit made at bwin (bank statement or transaction number at e-wallets) and a signed copy of the CC ending in ****.
    - an explanation of your game play with "bagggg".

You can send us the documentation via fax. Our fax number is 0043-1-205330 18000. Please provide your username on all faxed documents.

Please provide all of the necessary documentation within 3 weeks of receipt of this e-mail.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused, however the security of our customers' accounts is of utmost importance to us.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Your bwin customer service team

bwin acknowledges its commitment to
    responsible gaming

Then i send the explanation of my game play with "bagggg".
    that bagggg is my son and we had a head-up...............

they replay to me talling that they need a coppy of my ID and CC

what should i do i send the information?

thankx,

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

that depends on whether you are interested in ever seeing your money again

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Copy of ID and CC are pretty much standard things a book wants these days in order to cash out so I wouldnt worry too much about sending that info - in fact if you dont send the info then you arent likely to see your money.

Where it might get tricky is exactly what the details were regarding the "chip dumping" between you and your son - had both of you recieved a bonus at all or otherwise working towards fulfilling roll-over requirements while playing together ? If so then this almost certainly violates their terms and conditions and they may well remove the bonus amount from the balance.

Admittedly, I have never played with Bwin and havent personally been in a situation when I have been accused of chip dumping, but I do know that in general chip-dumping is against the rules at a lot (if not all) online poker companies.

Not just from a bonus/rollover point of view either as chip-dumping to another player can be used as a way of laundering money and the books will have to adhere to strict guidelines to combat any possible money laundering from whatever jurisdiction they are licenced with (Gibralter, I believe in Bwin's case).

If the games between you and your son were really just for fun then you shouldnt have a problem, but they will study the game logs, so IF you have been chip dumping in an obvious way (one of you winning the vast majority of games you play, purposely or continually going all in with a weak hand vs a strong hand to lose on purpose etc) then you may have a few problems.

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Send your documents and they ll give your money.Bwin is a good bookmaker.
    You should maybe call them to speak immediately.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by kostasgr View Post
    ....Bwin is a good bookmaker.....

they are not thieves but calling them a good bookmaker is stretching it a bit far imho

any "bookmaker" invoking such drastic limiting after just a couple of bets isn't "good" and doesn't deserve the title

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

...don't forget to give them your mother's maiden name and your SSN too. Oh wait, with the info they are requesting they can already get that on their own. Never mind.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by scott235 View Post
    ...don't forget to give them your mother's maiden name and your SSN too. Oh wait, with the info they are requesting they can already get that on their own. Never mind.
    One really has to wonder if America will ever be ready to accept the legalisation of sports bookmakers subject to strict regulation when you read posts such as these. Will they get any customers at all?

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

just for fun? was it play chips or real money? if real money why would you be playing for fun and paying rake? couldnt you just do play chips

bgostp
    bgostp's Avatar Become A Pro!

hi,
    lisen do you thing if i give them my information and see somthing wrong in the the game they put me to jail just ask lol?

or it'ts safe

thanks

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by bgostp View Post
    hi,
    lisen do you thing if i give them my information and see somthing wrong in the the game they put me to jail just ask lol?

or it'ts safe

thanks
    oh yeah, it's probably a capital offence even

what country are you in ?
    do they have an extradition treaty ?

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by bgostp View Post
    hi,

or it'ts safe

thanks
    send your information to them its safe , but if you are accused of chip dumping you will never see your money.
    Never transfer any money online via gambling site , it can bite you in the ass.

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    One really has to wonder if America will ever be ready to accept the legalisation of sports bookmakers subject to strict regulation when you read posts such as these. Will they get any customers at all?

Sure we (americans) will. However we are faced currently with a much different set of circumstances.

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    they are not thieves but calling them a good bookmaker is stretching it a bit far imho

any "bookmaker" invoking such drastic limiting after just a couple of bets isn't "good" and doesn't deserve the title
    Alright then,it s a safe bookmaker,i could say...

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by kostasgr View Post
    Alright then,it s a safe bookmaker,i could say...
    "safe", most definately

"bookmaker", sadly there aren't too many left and none of the Euro online pretenders deserve to be classed as members of that once noble profession