mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

All books should change their domains from .com to .eu or something else

I dont understand that after this the big books dont take steps to get away from the .com us domains.

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

Why would a domain suffix make any difference?

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by jairocon View Post
    Why would a domain suffix make any difference?
    Because the Feds can only seize U.S. domain names. They can not touch .eu names.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Most have their country code domains. As international companies they rather not use country-specific and harder to remember domains.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see pokerstars have officially moved to .eu so that is good for them. I just realized after watching a PS commercial that they are gonna have to edit/make new commercials, banners, catch phrases, and whatever marketing stuff as these days they all say pokerstars.com. Obviously if someone new to poker were to go to pokerstars.com before .eu then they would not be likely to want to sign up (DOJ notice would scare them off). Fixing this alone is probably gonna cost them millions.

Hopefully they will leave the bookies for now.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

There were a lot of funny business surrounding all of the major poker sites. From them basically owning banks, to operating within the U.S.A. They did not just get taking down for having gambling websites open to U.S players, there is so much more to it. And I think we will get more and more details as the days go on.