Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Matchbook liquidity is not great but not so bad either..

I was expecting worse. Liquidity is still not perfect but not so bad either.

Fund your Matchbook account. Let's make the liquidity better..

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would give my left nut in order to still play there.

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did they just make the commisions worse then before?
    Matchbook users who post offers will be charged .5% commission while Matchbook users who accept offers will be charged 1%

before u got 0.2% if your bet was taken and u payed 1% if u matched a bet

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by the sink View Post
    Did they just make the commisions worse then before?
    Matchbook users who post offers will be charged .5% commission while Matchbook users who accept offers will be charged 1%

before u got 0.2% if your bet was taken and u payed 1% if u matched a bet

Matchbook Commission Structure

As of April 11th 2011 Matchbook is announcing a new commission structure. Matchbook users who post offers will be charged .5% commission while Matchbook users who accept offers will be charged 1%, calculated on volume.

Matchbook commission rates of 0.5% or 1% will be applied to the win amount for winning trades. For losing trades, it will be applied to the lesser of the stake or win amount.
    This subtle change will drive the next phase of growth on the exchange as Matchbook makes a large scale marketing push into Europe and Asia.

Baseball moneyline commission rates are charged at 0.2% for users who post offers and 0.8% for users who accept offers. On all other markets and sports Matchbook users who post offers will be charged 0.5% commission while Matchbook users who accept offers will be charged 1%, calculated on volume.

Matchbook VIP
    In the coming weeks, Matchbook will be unveiling Matchbook Rewards, a multi-tiered customer loyalty program where high volume players are rewarded with even lower commission rates.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

that's too bad about the commission change...still very low commission tho and better prices than anything else out there...since I joined, I've placed about 90% of my bets there. (mostly NBA and MLB) before it was about 90% on Pinnacle.

interested to see what the VIP stuff is all about

the sink

Ye hopefully the change is to get the VIP players better commision and the ones that are not have to pay for it

Kaps
    Kaps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1785

the new commission structure is worse than before .... you used to get money when you posted offers ....now you get charged
    for it ....thats sux for those of you stil playing there

its still lower than any other place but it doesnt really reward you for making markets

degenerate#1
    degenerate#1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone else have problems getting offers filled? Still better prices than pinnacle with whoever is putting up the market, but damn its hard to get a fill if you want to go a few cents cheaper. Can't see it getting any better with the new commission structure.

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

I dont use Matchbook much after they left the US market. I feel it has gotten much harder to get orders filled.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate#1 View Post
    Does anyone else have problems getting offers filled? Still better prices than pinnacle with whoever is putting up the market, but damn its hard to get a fill if you want to go a few cents cheaper. Can't see it getting any better with the new commission structure.
    I've not been very active during the first few weeks of baseball and the final weeks of NBA and NHL but didn't have much trouble getting matched at prices in excess of Pinnacle's, just as normal for the few bets I've had in that time.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

not sure why anyone who can use Matchbook doesn't.....better prices than anywhere else by far...I guess people like paying 30 cents more than they could be

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Hopefully people will be willing to not stare each other down for so long with only 0.5% difference commission at stake (0.6% for baseball) between offering and taking, as opposed to the 1.2% commission difference before this change.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    Hopefully people will be willing to not stare each other down for so long with only 0.5% difference commission at stake (0.6% for baseball) between offering and taking, as opposed to the 1.2% commission difference before this change.
    good point Art

I know I'll be more likely to accept offers than wait for a match now when it's getting tight

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

I am still prepared to wait and see how this new ownership operates before I trust them with my money.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    I am still prepared to wait and see how this new ownership operates before I trust them with my money.
    so precisely what are you waiting to see ?

and how long will that take ?

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he would be waiting to see if they end up actually paying out players. As you are keen to say, "Slowpay = insolvent".

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I still wish they'd revert to the net market result commission structure.

the sink

Yes, put it at 2% on winnings

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13444

Yes, the net win commission structure was great for playing both sides of a market.

degenerate#1

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    I still wish they'd revert to the net market result commission structure.
    Wow didn't even realize it's not net market any more. I just saw, no more rebate for providing liquidity.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Looks like they finally starting banning American IP addresses from accessing site at all.

the sink

But they need to raise the commisions if they are going to use "VIP" and let them get lower commision

degenerate#1

Today was not bad so far. Was able to cross market and get Washington +121 and Arizona +140. And got a fill at Texas -130.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    I think he would be waiting to see if they end up actually paying out players. As you are keen to say, "Slowpay = insolvent".

where is there any evidence of "slowpay" ?

leave former US player issues out of it for the time being as there are other issues involved there

Kaps
    Kaps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1785

there new commission structure hurts people that used to make markets all the time ... a person that would get there offer filled used to get +0.2% ....now they are paying -0.5% .... thats a huge difference (-0.7%) for players making markets ....

and for those accepting markets didnt really get anything cause its pretty much the same

as a company matchbook will do well for themselves with this structure as they are now making money from both ends and it eliminates people from trying to play both sides of the market ....also their own market makers will not get picked off as much and are more proteccted now

bottom line i still wish i was playing there .... as far as collecting money all ive been hearing are customers who do book to book transfers matchy hasnt missed a beat

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    where is there any evidence of "slowpay" ? leave former US player issues out of it for the time being as there are other issues involved there
    If there are other issues involved, it is due to their inept handling of the whole situation, and the complete inflexibility they showed to former customers. Funny how Pinnacle didn't seem to have these issues when they left the US. It is now 42 days since the takeover, and I haven't been paid.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    If there are other issues involved, it is due to their inept handling of the whole situation, and the complete inflexibility they showed to former customers. Funny how Pinnacle didn't seem to have these issues when they left the US. It is now 42 days since the takeover, and I haven't been paid.
    so you don't believe the transfer of funds into and out of the US since Pinnacle's departure has become any more difficult ?