scaper
    scaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 357

Getting Cut Off

I have read stories of people getting their accounts closed or limits reduced when they start winning. Is there truth to this and if so how much are people talking about? Is it after a pattern of withdrawal requests or a certain amount of money that has been withdrawn?

I can see both sides of this situation; the books don;t want to keep paying a winning player however the book always has the edge and the majority of players lose long term so I don;t know what to believe.

I am not in this situation I was just thinking of things after reading a few threads on here about the industry.

I appreciate your feedback I am curious as to what the criteria is if this is a true fact

Thanks

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

This will happen in most rec-books. Most pro-books will let you keep winning (but they might use the information and bet it out if you are good and bet big).

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by scaper View Post
    I have read stories of people getting their accounts closed or limits reduced when they start winning. Is there truth to this and if so how much are people talking about? Is it after a pattern of withdrawal requests or a certain amount of money that has been withdrawn?

I can see both sides of this situation; the books don;t want to keep paying a winning player however the book always has the edge and the majority of players lose long term so I don;t know what to believe.

I am not in this situation I was just thinking of things after reading a few threads on here about the industry.

I appreciate your feedback I am curious as to what the criteria is if this is a true fact

Thanks
    there's most certainly truth in it ... 30 or so inactive accounts is fair testimony to that

there's also been at least that many threads on the subject too

not how much you win (or even if you're winning at all) but how you bet that attracts their action against you

Frogger
    Frogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

When you bet steam, it is tough for the books to take this action, and I do see their point to shutting these accounts off. These gamblers never bet their own plays and just are part of a betting team, or they follow someone who is.

Basically the books are getting hit 50 times on the same line, from the same people, and all these people do is bet their "order" and never look at any other wagers, and have no mind of their own. Kind of hard to say anyone would want this type of mindless customer, and I think they are bad for the industry.

Having a mind of your own and betting your own stuff, then they should not cut people off for that. Or if they have bad lines and people pick them off, hard to see why they cut people off for that when that is the line they post, you would think they would be ok with both sides.

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13444

If you are consistently beating them to line moves that is what will get you cut off.

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10486

Here is a list things I can't do:

1) Make any horse wagers at Betonline.com- Cutoff
    2) Receive any horse rebates at Bookmaker. Cutoff
    3) Make any sports wagers on the internet at Bodog. Phone only
    4) Make any sports wager over $100 at bodog. Reduced.
    5) Make any wager at BetMaker.com booted.
    6) bet more than $20 at betmania.com/betphoenix.com

These are just the ones I can think of.

I would not consider my a winner.

beyond
    beyond's Avatar Become A Pro!

if u win more than 10k in 1 week = cutoff

begalvis
    begalvis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 622

In asian books, you can get limited after first winning bet, what happened to me. Just one bet, and i could make bets max 1e...

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by begalvis View Post
    In asian books, you can get limited after first winning bet, what happened to me. Just one bet, and i could make bets max 1e...
    you must have been with the wrong Asian books, i.e. 12Bet, Mansion88 ?

you wouldn't find that at SBO or 188Bet