Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

Horrible customer "service" from 5dimes

This afternoon I contacted 5dimes and told them I wanted to transfer them $1000 in cash. The rep. told me who to send it to and where. So I go to the transfer location, getting stuck in a traffic jam in the process, and when I get back home and log on to live chat their CS rep tells me they won't accept cash transfers of $1000 to that particular location even though that's precisely where I was told to send $1K. I was then told that they would accept transfers of an insignificantly smaller amount. So instead of having their processor just pick it up and letting the processor keep the extra few bucks and credit me what I sent, they refuse to pick it up at all.

So in order to make the transfer I have to sit in another traffic jam, explain to the transfer location that the person I'm sending cash to wants barely less money, endure their questioning, and then sit in another traffic jam on the way home.

And to put a cherry on top of their pissing me off. When the money finally hits my account after wasting the whole afternoon, I go to place my bet on the event I wanted to bet the bulk of my deposit on, and I find out that my limits have been significantly slashed.

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10486

I've said it before and I'll say again the A+ rating doesn't equate to good service. It only indicates that they generally don't stiff their players.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

wow...complaints have been racking up on 5Dimes lately....thank god for Pinnacle (not that I ever need to contact their CS anyways because I never have problems with them)

It's really too bad because they have a ton of betting options and great lines..I just don't use them much because their CS is very lacking
    Last edited by the_situation; 04-05-11 at 12:08 AM.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say again the A+ rating doesn't equate to good service. It only indicates that they generally don't stiff their players.
    w/o doubt i can have the worst cs in the world but nothing equates the security of my OWN HARD EARNED MONEY

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 863

Their cs is the worst ive ever encountered
    incompetent to the max

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Sorry to hear more issues. Never had a single issue. Give me a book with equal amount of propa and I'm gone.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

They don't give a shit how they treat people. You see, they get enough business with their props and lines. Why should they care how you are treated?

They aren't smart enough to know how much they are driving business away by their piss poor customer service.

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8125

Their cs really are bad.

mikeyg
    mikeyg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hear there is a guy named Tony who is a very caring and sympathetic to people. He really enjoys it when you phone him directly to discuss matters like this

Just call him up and say something like " Yo Tony, fix this shit up biaaaatch"

He will probably reward you with a freeplay

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been using 5dimes for about 7 years and have been treated just fine the whole time. I don't ask for any thing other than the best lines available to an American with the highest level of safety for my funds. Ten cent juice all day long, with nickel baseball lines, and never a worry about a payout --- that is the best customer service one could ask for!!!

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the 1,000,000 account of them having horrible customer service it is no fantasy they don't care about there customers and they will eventually stop caring about paying them. When that day will come, I do not know but it will

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Everyone likes 5dimes and says CS isn't a problem until you the one that has a problem. Then try getting it resolved. Not only will they not help you but they try and insult you. I've never seen a business model like this. Then they tell customers they don't need you and you can leave. This has to come back to bite them.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

Quote Originally Posted by Rollins08 View Post
    Everyone likes 5dimes and says CS isn't a problem until you the one that has a problem. Then try getting it resolved. Not only will they not help you but they try and insult you. I've never seen a business model like this. Then they tell customers they don't need you and you can leave. This has to come back to bite them.
    They get business from people like me because they offer lines on events that I can't get elsewhere, but when the day comes when a competitor will offer the same amount of lines and betting options a good portion of their business will leave because of the way they treat people.

Bosseman22
    Bosseman22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 43540

it's a pain depositing or withdrawing from most books now days

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    They get business from people like me because they offer lines on events that I can't get elsewhere, but when the day comes when a competitor will offer the same amount of lines and betting options a good portion of their business will leave because of the way they treat people.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Either everyone else is too dumb to step in and take their clientele away.

Or they do such a good job no one else can match them.

Hard to believe either is true though.

scarface
    scarface's Avatar Become A Pro!

A+ rating means that they paid sbr for that rating

DBurton81
    DBurton81's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes does have horrible customer service. I emailed Tony 3 times and he never even responded to my emails!

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Even with all the complaints about customer service,for U.S. players,5dimes is a tough act to follow.

acbulluck
    acbulluck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg View Post
    I hear there is a guy named Tony who is a very caring and sympathetic to people. He really enjoys it when you phone him directly to discuss matters like this

This! Not many solid books out there where you can ask to speak directly with the manager and get him on the phone. Tony is a caring man who wants to hear your critique so he can improve the book. I urge you to call him at once and address these issues with him.

acbulluck
    acbulluck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg View Post

This! Not many solid books out there where you can ask to speak directly with the manager and get him on the phone. Tony is a caring man who wants to hear your critique so he can improve the book. I urge you to call him at once and address these issues with him.

lt56
    lt56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1733

5Dimes offers the best variety of bets and lets players parlay almost anything. And when you win you get paid fast. Never had a problem with their customer service, they're fine; but mistakes happen occasionally. Wal-Mart screwed up a ** for me and I had to go back and fix problem. I got shut out of a few bets. Worse shit happens in life than getting shut out of a couple of bets.