Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

AC Milan +240 3.400 / FC Schalke +167 2.670

Is AC Milan +240 3.400, a gift from the book or is Tottenham really going to win tonight?? Of course, Tottenham won the first game, but I think AC Milan is underrated.... I expect Ibra to score and give victory to his team tonight...

I also Like Schalke to win ay home tonight... Any thoughs about these two games?

Kraghen

AC MILAN : DWLWWW

Tottenham : WWWWLD

---------

Schalke 04 : DWDLDL

Valencia : WDDWLW

-------------

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

both games probably DRAW...

Tottenham will not lose in front of their fans and Milan shouldnt lose twice...

Schalke game is destined to go to ET and possibly penalties - both teams similar strength IMO and Schalke is without Huntelaar...

I will update this tomorrow (for me its night)...

Kraghen

Harry Redknapp promised that his Tottenham Hotspur FC side would not curb their attacking instincts as they defend a 1-0 lead at home against AC Milan, with the visitors eager to redress the balance in London and claim their place in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.

Harry Redknapp, Tottenham manager
    It's a fantastic competition – once you've played in it you want more.

I expect a hard game and for Milan to hit us on the counterattack. They've got good forwards but we're looking to take the game to them from the start. We're not coming here to sit back on a 1-0 lead. My message to the players will be: 'Let's get after them; let's press them back and see if we can score again because that's our style.' If we change our style of play then it will be difficult.

We do score goals and sometimes we have difficulty stopping them. We will pick an open, attacking team and that's how we'll play tomorrow – we'll have a go. We'll give ourselves every opportunity to attack Milan but must be aware they have got outstanding forwards as well. It's set up to be a great game. They know they have to come here to win.

Massimiliano Allegri, Milan coach
    We know Tottenham are strong and have 25 excellent players. They're doing very well in the Premier League. We all know that [Gareth] Bale is an important player for Tottenham. He has a lot of qualities, both physically and technically. He's made a lot of progress this season. However, Bale is not Tottenham's only important player. They have a lot of great players with attributes that are very important in the modern game, especially in midfield and attack.

We can qualify for the next round because we have a strong team. We lost the first leg in a pretty strange game. The second leg will be completely different, though. We feel great, mentally and physically.

Team news
    • Tottenham
    Redknapp said Rafael van der Vaart (calf) and Vedran Ćorluka (ankle) would be available, but was less optimistic about Bale (back). Jermaine Jenas is available after missing the first leg through suspension.

• Milan
    Allegri is dealing with a raft of injuries, but said: "The only decision I have to make is over Kevin-Prince Boateng. I must decide if he plays in the centre or wide." Gennaro Gattuso is serving the first term of a five-match ban. Luca Antonini, Boateng, Mathieu Flamini and Gianluca Zambrotta are within one booking of a ban.

Latest results
    Sunday: Wolverhampton Wanderers FC 3-3 Tottenham
    (Doyle 20 40pen, Fletcher 87; Defoe 30 35, Pavlyuchenko 48)
    Steven Fletcher's late goal at Molineux denied Tottenham their seventh away league victory of the campaign. Only Arsenal FC (with seven) have managed more away wins in the English top flight this season.

Saturday: Juventus 0-1 Milan
    (Gattuso 68)
    Milan have won three out of three since the first leg, with Pato scoring in the final stages against AC Chievo Verona (2-1) and SSC Napoli (3-0) before Saturday's trip to Turin.

Did you know?
    Tottenham are looking to reach the quarter-finals for the first time since their only previous European Champion Clubs' Cup appearance in 1961/62. Milan have not been to the last eight since winning the trophy in 2007, and are trying to avoid round of 16 elimination by English opposition for the third time in four seasons after losses to Manchester United FC last term and Arsenal in 2008.

See the match background for more information.

RELATED ITEMS
    Defoe dreams on
    Robinho confident
    Match background
    Milan 0-1 Tottenham
    Final ball
    Your stars so far
    Match facts: Tottenham v Milan
    Spurs held by Wolves
    Italy's hopes rest on unlikely feats
    Gattuso banned
    Gattuso sinks Juventus

©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.
    source : UEFA site

Kraghen

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    both games probably DRAW...

Tottenham will not lose in front of their fans and Milan shouldnt lose twice...

Schalke game is destined to go to ET and possibly penalties - both teams similar strength IMO and Schalke is without Huntelaar...

I will update this tomorrow (for me its night)...
    Well, the line is going down for both Valencia and AC Milan, maybe we should give both team a chance. Concerning Huntelaar, he can easily be replaced with RAUL, if both Raul and Farfan play tonight, I think Schalke have great chance to win at home... Concerning AC Milan, they have player who are more experienced in CL games than Tottenham... I think Ibra won't satisfy himself if he doesn't go further in the competition... they have a lot of talented players, Bale seems not to be in the Tottenham line-up tonight which is a great news for AC Milan I think...

chivemmali
    chivemmali's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

I'm tempted by the unders in these games.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough calls tomorrow. I think Schalke could go over. Valencia very good on the road in CL. Schalke usually potent at home in the CL. Much more important for Schalke likely since they are struggling domestically. Mulling these over, but do agree that taking draws in both could be profitable tomorrow. Think at least one will hit that way and give some extra time potentially.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Schalke/Valencia probably ends under 2.5. Schalke knows how to defend well they proved it against Bayern Munich recently, Schalke can advance with 0-0 so expect them to have a defensive mentality.

Same goes for the Spurs game. Milan can barely penetrate them so why shouldn't they defend the whole game with the 1-0 advantage?

The Special One

soon to make new thread with BOTH DRAWS (I am 90% sure at least 1 will hit, so putting $100 on each would almost ensure a $100 profit)

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

tough call on tottenham vs milan....go with the serie A or premier league? i believe tottenham picks up at least a draw to advance but milan is dangerous if tottenham gets careless on defense.

vincanity15
    vincanity15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs will win this one.

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Valencia PK

tankman777
    tankman777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

spurs know they have gone too far
    time to bow out

hustla
    hustla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5619

Valencia to advance is a good shot for 1 unit

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Milan will advance with 0-2 win today.

Kraghen

Quote Originally Posted by protein View Post
    Milan will advance with 0-2 win today.
    I like Ac Milan to advance, AC Milan ML, Schalke 04 To advance and Schalke 04 ML

Kraghen

Team news

• Tottenham
    Redknapp said Rafael van der Vaart (calf) and Vedran Ćorluka (ankle) would be available, but was less optimistic about Bale (back). Jermaine Jenas is available after missing the first leg through suspension.

• Milan
    Allegri is dealing with a raft of injuries, but said: "The only decision I have to make is over Kevin-Prince Boateng. I must decide if he plays in the centre or wide." Gennaro Gattuso is serving the first term of a five-match ban. Luca Antonini, Boateng, Mathieu Flamini and Gianluca Zambrotta are within one booking of a ban.

Bale sounds out tonight.... good news for Ac Milan...

Kraghen

Felix Magath is more than pleased with the form of his transitional FC Schalke 04 side and is adamant that they will not look to cling on for a goalless draw at home against Unai Emery's Valencia CF following a 1-1 tie in Spain in their UEFA Champions League round of 16 opener.

Felix Magath, Schalke coach
    I have been brought here to start a refit of the club. We are right in the middle of this process, and I am very pleased so far. We are playing well in the Champions League, which is something I had promised, and we have reached the German Cup final, winning at [FC] Bayern [München] in the semi-finals. Considering this is a transitional year, we have achieved quite a lot.

Playing for a 0-0 draw against Valencia is too risky. Experience shows that pressure tends to mount towards the end of games like this and you never know if you will be able to cope. Any late goal could be a winner, so there is no way that we will drop deep and wait. Valencia have to score and they have their weaknesses at the back, so they will most likely play attacking football too. It will probably be a fascinating game to watch.

Unai Emery, Valencia coach
    We know Schalke have a small edge on us due to their home advantage. They are not doing so well in the Bundesliga, but they are strong in the cup and the Champions League, and they will punish every mistake we make. However, I am certain that we will put in a good performance.

We can play better as a team than we did in the first leg, but the first leg is history; only this game counts now. We have formulated a clear plan and now have to put it into action. Schalke have their own style and are a great side, which they showed with the 1-1 draw in the first leg. They are a very strong side that can keep up the tempo for 90 minutes, but we know where our strengths lie.

Team news
    • Schalke
    Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (knee) will not feature, with Magath explaining: "He is making progess, but cannot play yet." However, the coach was in no mood to reveal Schalke's attacking plans. Lukas Schmitz is serving a one-match ban while José Manuel Jurado is within a booking of a suspension.

• Valencia
    David Albelda is available after serving a one-match ban in the first leg, while Aritz Aduriz is available after shaking off an ankle injury, though he will miss his side's next match if he is booked. The striker said: "We have to attack in a controlled fashion and not go mad and leave ourselves exposed to their counterattacks."

Latest results
    Saturday: VfB Stuttgart 0-1 Schalke
    (Kuzmanović 15pen)
    Benedikt Höwedes was sent off for the handball that led to the penalty as Schalke lost to a Stuttgart side that began the day second from bottom in the Bundesliga. It was the defender's third dismissal of the season. He had never been sent off before this term.

Saturday: RCD Mallorca 1-2 Valencia
    (Ramis 31pen, Pablo Hernández 33 56)
    Pablo Hernández scored twice in a Liga game for the first time in his career to take his league tally to five for the season – equalling his best total, set last term. It was only Emery's team's sixth victory in their last 14 away games in all competitions although they have won their last three away fixtures.

Did you know?
    The sides' two previous games in Gelsenkirchen ended in a win apiece. Valencia triumphed 1-0 in the 2007/08 UEFA Champions League group stage with a second-half David Villa goal while ten years previously, in the UEFA Cup quarter-final second leg, Schalke's 2-0 home win sent them through.

©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.
    Will Schalke 04 win at home??
    Points Awarded:

odog11 gave Kraghen 11 SBR Point(s) for this post.

odog11 gave Kraghen 11 SBR Point(s) for this post.

vincanity15
    vincanity15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bale will play, may not start. 3-1 should be easy win for spurs.

Marcs
    Marcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

im a milan fan and will be most likely betting on a draw no bet. It will be very tough. We havent got our prime serie a starting lineup with a couple of players cup tied as well as a few injuries. Of note Van bommel would have been a great addition to the midfield as well as the option of cassano who are both cup tied. Im most worried about their wing play, As our wing backs will find it hard to cope. Abate and and old not match fit jankulovski will have to mark pienar\bale and lennon. Milans attack is more than adequate here. Hopefully pato comes out to play. Im betting more on heart than head though. if the spurs score early we are ******. If spurs score i predict it will be on the counter

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

I have no faith at all in Milan tonight. They didn't create anything at San Siro, why would they do any better at White Hart Lane? And now Bale is back, feels like he's gonna run Milans defense to pieces. And then there's the Ibra curse against english teams in CL.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Ibra's scoring record vs English teams is shhite

donsirlisir
    donsirlisir's Avatar Become A Pro!

be careful. Tottenham will not loose

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Going to go with Schalke ML on this one. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to soccer, but a good thread with debate, news and sound reasoning means I can bet without just betting blindly.

Thanks for the thread and if this hits I will show my appreciation with a few points.

itriedsohard
    BIG PLAYS
    itriedsohard's Avatar Become A Pro!

i mean... Spurs easy win. i dont understand some of you guys. ac milan beaten up, no gattuso and others... jermain defoe is heating up crouch has plenty CL goals solid defense. gale will play... they will win easy.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by itriedsohard View Post
    i mean... Spurs easy win. i dont understand some of you guys. ac milan beaten up, no gattuso and others... jermain defoe is heating up crouch has plenty CL goals solid defense. gale will play... they will win easy.

itriedsohard
    BIG PLAYS

i mean if you guys see value in draw go for it. i personally think

Spurs and Over

Valencia and Under

Fl6j66
    Fl6j66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Small ACM ML bet is not the worst idea ever.

the tipster
    the tipster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

taking ac milan ml +205

Kraghen

Full team news is in. Rafael van der Vaart is fit to start for Spurs, as is Vedran Corluka after being on the wrong end of Mathieu Flamini's reducer in Milan three weeks ago. Alongside Bale on the Spurs bench is Ledley King. Former Spur Kevin Prince Boateng starts in an attack-minded Milan side boasting a front three of Pato, Robinho and Ibrahimovic.

Tottenham: Gomes; Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Sandro, Modric, Pienaar; Van der Vaart; Crouch. Subs: Cudicini, Bale, Hutton, King, Jenas, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

AC Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Jankulovski; Boateng, Flamini, Seedorf; Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho. Subs: Amelia, Strasser, Papastathopoulos, Oddo, Merkel, Yepes, Antonini.

Early team news reaching us, and it's bad news for Spurs: Gareth Bale is only fit enough for a spot on the bench. Full team news to follow shortly.
    Schalke 04 ML + AC Milan ML...

Taka
    Taka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Kraghen View Post
    Schalke 04 ML + AC Milan ML...
    Think so too - theres value on Milan especially.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Tottenham pk+ Schalke pk

Kraghen

Everyone are on Tottenham, but they don't have much experience in big champion's league game comparing to AC Milan... of course the Spurs look stronger, but I don't think Ac Milan will let the spurs to advance without fighting...

itriedsohard
    BIG PLAYS

William Gallas for president!

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Milan playing just as Spurs want them to. Take forever with the ball until Spurs are 100% compact in defense, try a pass they don't possess the skill to make, Spurs on the counterattack where Spurs players are levels ahead of Milan in speed capacity.

12 Last