secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

Who's going to qualify? Inter or Bayern?

I have to admit that the odds set by the bookmakers baffles me. How in the earth could bayern is the favorite over the current reigning champion Inter. This reminds me of last week when Shakhtar Donetsk was the favorite over Roma to qualify to the next round and we see what happened.

This is the odds I get from Pinnacle.
    Intermilan is +111 to qualify to quarter final while Bayern is around -120. If I remember correctly, Inter was set as favorite initially by the bookmakers. How could you explain this? I know that Inter is not performing well this season but so did Bayern. If anything, Inter improves a lot since they hired Leonardo to replace Benitez.

In my opinion, there are 2 possible explanations behind this:
    a) bookmakers BELIEVE that Bayern will knock Inter out of the tournament
    b) "the so-called sharp" people put a lot of money on Bayern and the bookmakers simply want to even out the action ( which in my opinion still means that Bayern is the correct play )

I am considering to put 2.4 unit on Bayern to knock Inter out but I still havent pulled the trigger yet. I know its only 2 unit but I think this match is worthy of a good discussion.

So speak out people... WHat do you think?

( SORRY for my horrible english in advance, english is my 3rd language )

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

You will get a + line on Bayern after today's match.

secret007

so basically you are saying that Inter is gonna win the match?

Even a 0-0 draw @san siro ( best possible result for Inter AFTER Inter win ) will make Bayern the small favorite after tomorrow.

fenek
    fenek's Avatar Become A Pro!

you are right about picking them to advance into the quarterfinals. but with that being said there is the question if i should post my opinion on this one with the backround that i´m a bayern fan. hope you get more answers here in this thread. good luck with your decision.

vincanity15
    vincanity15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bayern will advance to the q-finals.

secret007

Well, I am really considering to put 2.4 unit on Bayern. I just hedged my Shakhtar bet and basically guaranteed myself around 2 unit. So even if I lose this bet I am losing "bookies money"...

I am interested to see what LB chooses for this game. I think he likes Bayern here.

manu4life
    manu4life's Avatar Become A Pro!

a huge revenge factor here. Look for Bayern to come out strong and with the attack force they have, Inter will have problems as they don't play the same defensive style they did in the CL Finals last year with Mourinho. I'm not a fan of either team but seeing how both teams are doing at the moment, i would put money on Bayern even tho it's in the San Siro where Inter simply doesn't lose.

decado
    decado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

you all should have taken it last week. bayern was at + money

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    not if bayern draws or wins. bayern's home record is pretty good, thus inter gotta win with +2 goals difference today to be favorite which isn't gonna happen.

BAYERN TO QUALIFY +104 (took last week)

secret007

Quote Originally Posted by decado View Post
    you all should have taken it last week. bayern was at + money

not if bayern draws or wins. bayern's home record is pretty good, thus inter gotta win with +2 goals difference today to be favorite which isn't gonna happen.

BAYERN TO QUALIFY +104 (took last week)
    Need to correct you a bit on this one. Any inter win, even 5-4 and they are the favorite! They dont have to win by goals to be favorite, that is a

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

This a 50/50 Chance of any of this teams advanced, so I have to go with Inter.
    GL

Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Does it means, you think Inter will give a lesson to Bayern at San Siro tonight?

RbN
    RbN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by Kraghen View Post
    Does it means, you think Inter will give a lesson to Bayern at San Siro tonight?
    San Siro

decado

Quote Originally Posted by secret007 View Post
    Need to correct you a bit on this one. Any inter win, even 5-4 and they are the favorite! They dont have to win by goals to be favorite, that is a
    i'd love to prove you wrong, but for that we have to lose. i rather like us to win tonight

Quote Originally Posted by RbN View Post
    San Siro
    yes, they play at san siro tonight. what did you think? bernabeu again like the finals?

syamster
    syamster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

I think inter will advance, because they have better team than bayern, if today bayern won by 2 or more goals, then its will be difficult to advance to next level.

RbN

yes, they play at san siro tonight. what did you think? bernabeu again like the finals?
    r u sure? Tell that to an Interisti........

decado

Quote Originally Posted by RbN View Post
    r u sure? Tell that to an Interisti........
    Yes I am sure. Giuseppe Meazza Stadium = San Siro
    AC and Inter play there.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Bayern will qualify

secret007

The odds dropped too much in the last 12 hours for me to take this bet so I wont bet it. But as I hate Inter so much, Bayern going to the next round gonna be sweet!

So I will be rooting for them...

The odds of Inter qualifying is +130 right now, Pk for this game is at -105.. DOES THAT MEAN SOMETHING? Inter pk @ almost even money at home ???

RbN

Yes I am sure. Giuseppe Meazza Stadium = San Siro AC and Inter play there.
    Then don't say they will play in San Siro. When Inter plays its called Guiseppe Meazza.

secret007

Just as expected. Bayern put out a strong performance and came out with a precious 1-0 win. Shouldve gone with my instinct.

secret007

Quote Originally Posted by secret007 View Post
    The odds dropped too much in the last 12 hours for me to take this bet so I wont bet it. But as I hate Inter so much, Bayern going to the next round gonna be sweet!

So I will be rooting for them...

The odds of Inter qualifying is +130 right now, Pk for this game is at -105.. DOES THAT MEAN SOMETHING? Inter pk @ almost even money at home ???