Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fernando Torres submitted transfer request

I read earlier today the talk of a bid by Chelsea that was rejected for Torres. At the time, I didn't think Torres was pushing for the transfer.

Now I just read on the Liverpool website that Torres in fact submitted a transfer request.

Liverpool quickly rejected the request. I am surprised Torres waited until the day Liverpool actually signs someone to then request the transfer.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...ansfer-request

beeps220
    beeps220's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

You'd think Torres would like the fact there's another option up front besides himself

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol maybe he doesnt like the fact that liverpool r turning into a mid table team n wants to join a team that is worthy of his talents

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Can't blame the guy...he wants to win trophies and play CL football and he realises it's not going to happen at Anfail any time soon. His heart isn't there anymore so time to move on...it happens. Chelsea looks like the only realistic team that needs him and can afford him. Would be quite interesting to see him in a blue shirt come Feb 6th when both teams meet.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pretty sure the request was made before the Suarez deal became official. From stuff that I read, the Torres request was on Thursday and the Suarez transfer was made official today. Pretty certain that Liverpool had been working on Suarez, but perhaps Torres' request put them into high gear to get it done to appease Torres.

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Pretty sure the request was made before the Suarez deal became official. From stuff that I read, the Torres request was on Thursday and the Suarez transfer was made official today. Pretty certain that Liverpool had been working on Suarez, but perhaps Torres' request put them into high gear to get it done to appease Torres.

It very well could be, but BBC is reporting that it was made hours after the signing. I think it was Chelsea which initiated a bid for Torres on the Thursday, but now Torres has submitted a transfer request after the fact.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ol/9380389.stm

drgonzo111
    drgonzo111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 464

Very interesting timing indeed.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil11 View Post
    It very well could be, but BBC is reporting that it was made hours after the signing. I think it was Chelsea which initiated a bid for Torres on the Thursday, but now Torres has submitted a transfer request after the fact. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ol/9380389.stm
    Ah right on, did cross my wires on that. Either way, I don't see Liverpool giving in by Monday when the transfer window closes. Maybe in the offseason if he's still unhappy, but shit give the pairing with Suarez a chance and I think Liverpool will see some better days in the future if they can mesh.

Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil11 View Post

It very well could be, but BBC is reporting that it was made hours after the signing. I think it was Chelsea which initiated a bid for Torres on the Thursday, but now Torres has submitted a transfer request after the fact.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ol/9380389.stm
    Yeah that seems to be the timeline which is why I thought it was so strange. He has has all of January during the transfer window to submit a request if he wanted out. Very odd to do it a few hours after a major signing.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Overrated little bitch

Arsenal

According to Goal.com, Chelsea offered £40 and Sturridge. Liverpool countered and said add Anelka instead of Sturridge.

Hory
    Hory's Avatar Become A Pro!

They should sell him, his value is at its highest right now.

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

hope torres goes to MANUTD,I wish I could see hım there, SAF take care of him...