Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Vreston's Soccer Thread

I've decided to keep my posted plays in one thread instead of cluttering up the section.

So here we go! Let's start this off on the right foot!

For today I'm on:

Kayserispor v Istanbul Buyuksehir BSK
    Pick: Kayserispor @ 1.90

Kayserispor is a much better team and one of the better teams in their league. They are aiming at a European berth so logically they will fight each game. Today against Buyuksehir they should bring us the win. Buyuksehir are only 1-1-4 in their last 6 games and with 5-9 goals.

I've also got this one as part of a 2 teamer:
    Spain Primera Liga
    Athletic Bilbao v Hercules
    Pick: Athletic Bilbao @ 1.72

The other game has already started so there's no use in posting it now.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Good Luck
    Same pick I Chose so far today

Vreston

Quote Originally Posted by Vreston View Post
    I've decided to keep my posted plays in one thread instead of cluttering up the section.

So here we go! Let's start this off on the right foot!

For today I'm on:

Kayserispor v Istanbul Buyuksehir BSK
    Pick: Kayserispor @ 1.90 - Won (3-2)

Kayserispor is a much better team and one of the better teams in their league. They are aiming at a European berth so logically they will fight each game. Today against Buyuksehir they should bring us the win. Buyuksehir are only 1-1-4 in their last 6 games and with 5-9 goals.

I've also got this one as part of a 2 teamer:
    Spain Primera Liga
    Athletic Bilbao v Hercules
    Pick: Athletic Bilbao @ 1.72 - Won (3-0)

The other game has already started so there's no use in posting it now.
    I didn't realise I hadn't posted the results on the previous picks so I'm doing it now. Sorry.

Vreston

I like three plays for today.

Lyon - Real Madrid
    Pick: Real Madrid @ 1.90

It seems that Lyon has somehow been a bad luck team for Real Madrid. How long can it last? I think Real will come out of this one a winner. They'd better if they want to have the upper hand in advancing.

England Npower League 1

Bournemouth v Sheff Wed
    Pick: Bournemouth @ 1.80

Bournemouth is hosting Sheffield tonight and I think they can continue their win streak. I think it's something like 7 in a row. On the other hand Sheffield has played three straight on the road (2 league games and one cup game) and they've lost all three while at the same time receiving 8 goals. They are not in good form and against a strong Bournemouth team should be too much for them.

Peterborough v Colchester
    Pick: Peterborough @ 1.83

Peterborough have won two straight games and their only loss in the last 5 was against Charlton away. I have also seen that Colchester has not scored in an away game since the beginning of January! Even if they do manage to score tonight I think that Peterborough will score more!

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL bro

Vreston

I like three plays for today.

Lyon - Real Madrid
    Pick: Real Madrid @ 1.90 - Loss (1-1)

It seems that Lyon has somehow been a bad luck team for Real Madrid. How long can it last? I think Real will come out of this one a winner. They'd better if they want to have the upper hand in advancing.

England Npower League 1

Bournemouth v Sheff Wed
    Pick: Bournemouth @ 1.80 - Loss (0-0)
    Bournemouth is hosting Sheffield tonight and I think they can continue their win streak. I think it's something like 7 in a row. On the other hand Sheffield has played three straight on the road (2 league games and one cup game) and they've lost all three while at the same time receiving 8 goals. They are not in good form and against a strong Bournemouth team should be too much for them.

Peterborough v Colchester
    Pick: Peterborough @ 1.83 - Loss (0-0)
    Peterborough have won two straight games and their only loss in the last 5 was against Charlton away. I have also seen that Colchester has not scored in an away game since the beginning of January! Even if they do manage to score tonight I think that Peterborough will score more!

Sometimes it's just not your day. What can I say?

I watched the Lyon-Real game. I didn't like the way Real played. They did have two shots hit the post though which would have brought us the win, but the ball punishes as we say. Lyon didn't give up and fought for the goal. They have proven to be Real's cryptonite these last years.

As far as the English games are concerned, I was more than surpised that Bournemouth and Peterborough couldn't win against those opponents.

Vreston

France A League

Arles – Brest
    Pick: Brest @ 2.40

Arles is a terrible team this year, plain and simple. They are in last place in the French A league and in 24 games they’ve scored a total of 12 goal while receiving 44! They almost got their second win of the season against Auxerre but they got tied in the 84th minute. Brest beat Monaco 2-0 and are 9th in the league having scored 25 goals this season while receiving 24. They are 5-6-1 at home and have allowed only 7 goals while playing at home. On the road they are 4-1-7 (11-17 goals). I really don’t see how Arles will put up a fight and at 2.40 odds I’ll take my chances on Brest winning away today. If Arles can pull off a win against them, then more power to them.

I had some more soccer picks but unfortunately I didn't have the time to post or play them.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Arles is a point-farm for the TOP 10 teams... but today I sense an upset - dont know why, but thats just how it is... good chance for Brest to hit though so GL

Vreston

France A League

Arles – Brest
    Pick: Brest @ 2.40 - Loss (1-1)

Arles is a terrible team this year, plain and simple. They are in last place in the French A league and in 24 games they’ve scored a total of 12 goal while receiving 44! They almost got their second win of the season against Auxerre but they got tied in the 84th minute. Brest beat Monaco 2-0 and are 9th in the league having scored 25 goals this season while receiving 24. They are 5-6-1 at home and have allowed only 7 goals while playing at home. On the road they are 4-1-7 (11-17 goals). I really don’t see how Arles will put up a fight and at 2.40 odds I’ll take my chances on Brest winning away today. If Arles can pull off a win against them, then more power to them.

I had some more soccer picks but unfortunately I didn't have the time to post or play them.
    Well Arles decided to score a goal and it was enough to ruin my play!

Vreston

Two picks for me today.

Turkey Super Lig
    Antalyaspor v Besiktas
    Pick: Besiktas @ 2.00 (odds went up at bet365 a few minutes ago from 1.95)

Antalyaspor had a chance to come away with a point from a draw against a much better Kayserispor last week but in the 87th and 89th minute Kayserispor made 2 goals to win the game. Antalyaspor is 0-3-3 (4-10 goals) in their last 6 games so they are not in form. Besiktas has been terrible on defense lately receiving 4 goals in Europa League and 4 from Fener, but are a much better team than Antalyaspor. They are in 6th place but are 11 points behind Kayserispor which are in 4th place and going for a Europa League spot. I don't think Besiktas can catch them, but they are better than Antalyaspor and have a much "heavier" jersey. So I think they can win tonight.

Barclays Premier League
    Stoke City - West Bromwich
    Pick: Stoke @ 1.90

Stoke lost last Wednesday to Arsenal 1-0 though they had some chances. They suffered their 4th loss in their last 5 games. Also their 4th game in the same time without scoring. West Brom is very near the danger zone with only 28 points and only 2 away wins all year. They are 1-3-2 in their last 6 (8-15 goals). They are not a strong away team and Stoke usually knows how to pick up wins to stay in the league at this time of year. I believe Stoke can win this one at home.

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

like both of em , i think Brom are on there way down

Vreston

Two picks for me today.

Turkey Super Lig
    Antalyaspor v Besiktas
    Pick: Besiktas @ 2.00 - Won (0-2)(odds went up at bet365 a few minutes ago from 1.95)

Antalyaspor had a chance to come away with a point from a draw against a much better Kayserispor last week but in the 87th and 89th minute Kayserispor made 2 goals to win the game. Antalyaspor is 0-3-3 (4-10 goals) in their last 6 games so they are not in form. Besiktas has been terrible on defense lately receiving 4 goals in Europa League and 4 from Fener, but are a much better team than Antalyaspor. They are in 6th place but are 11 points behind Kayserispor which are in 4th place and going for a Europa League spot. I don't think Besiktas can catch them, but they are better than Antalyaspor and have a much "heavier" jersey. So I think they can win tonight.

Barclays Premier League
    Stoke City - West Bromwich
    Pick: Stoke @ 1.90 - Loss (1-1)

Stoke lost last Wednesday to Arsenal 1-0 though they had some chances. They suffered their 4th loss in their last 5 games. Also their 4th game in the same time without scoring. West Brom is very near the danger zone with only 28 points and only 2 away wins all year. They are 1-3-2 in their last 6 (8-15 goals). They are not a strong away team and Stoke usually knows how to pick up wins to stay in the league at this time of year. I believe Stoke can win this one at home.

Stoke blew it by allowing a goal at the last minute!

Vreston

Greece Cup

AEK Athens v PAOK Salonika
    Pick: AEK Athens @ 2.15

The odds went down from 2.20 (bet365). I also saw this one at another book @ 1.90.
    Anyway, this has to probably be one of the worst seasons AEK has had as far as I can remember. A historic team with a "heavy" jersey and huge fan base which has been struggling in league play mainly due to administrative problems over the years. they have some players with a lot of talent and all they have left for themselves and their fans after being eliminated from the Europa League and being too far back to win the league is the Cup. They are at home and they have got to want it bad.
    PAOK is also a good team, but they should be kind of tired after giving it all they had in Russia last Thursday in the Europa League where they got eliminated. They then lost at home 2-0 on Sunday. The morale is down. All they have to play for is the Cup as well, but they will be missing their best player today.

Atromitos Athinon v Olympiacos Volou
    Pick: Olympiakos Volou DNB @ 2.25

Atromitos is playing better as of late, but Olympiakos Volou has been the pleasant surprise in the Greek Super league this year with wins against almost all the top teams. They have the talent and I will support them today. This one is starting shortly.

Vreston

Greece Cup

AEK Athens v PAOK Salonika
    Pick: AEK Athens @ 2.15 - Loss (0-0)
    The odds went down from 2.20 (bet365). I also saw this one at another book @ 1.90.
    Anyway, this has to probably be one of the worst seasons AEK has had as far as I can remember. A historic team with a "heavy" jersey and huge fan base which has been struggling in league play mainly due to administrative problems over the years. they have some players with a lot of talent and all they have left for themselves and their fans after being eliminated from the Europa League and being too far back to win the league is the Cup. They are at home and they have got to want it bad.
    PAOK is also a good team, but they should be kind of tired after giving it all they had in Russia last Thursday in the Europa League where they got eliminated. They then lost at home 2-0 on Sunday. The morale is down. All they have to play for is the Cup as well, but they will be missing their best player today.

Atromitos Athinon v Olympiacos Volou
    Pick: Olympiakos Volou DNB @ 2.25 - Loss (2-1)
    Atromitos is playing better as of late, but Olympiakos Volou has been the pleasant surprise in the Greek Super league this year with wins against almost all the top teams. They have the talent and I will support them today. This one is starting shortly.
    A bad day today. I hate it when teams play anti-football and whose main goal is to keep the 0 on defense. That's what happened yesterday in the AEK-PAOK game. AEK could not even score even though PAOK was left with 9 players in the second half. A real disappointment.

Vreston

Greece: Football League (B' Ethniki)

Ionikos - Pas Giannena:
    Pick: Pas Giannena @ 1.95

Last minute pick for me. Starts in about a minute! Sorry, but I just got online. Bet365 has is available on live betting.

Vreston

Greece: Football League (B' Ethniki)

Ionikos - Pas Giannena:
    Pick: Pas Giannena @ 1.95 - Loss (0-0)
    Last minute pick for me. Starts in about a minute! Sorry, but I just got online. Bet365 has is available on live betting.

This game had to be a setup for a 0-0 draw. I can't explain it any other way. Two clear penalties were not given to Pas Giannena and a clean goal was disallowed for no apparent reason! Unbelievable!

Vreston

I haven't posted any soccer plays lately. I've mostly been concentrating on European Basketball, but I decided to post my plays for today.

Champions League final

Barcelona-Manchester United
    Pick: Barcelona @ 2.10

I got these odds earlier today. They have gone up and down. They were at 2.10 yesterday, went down to 1.90 today and back up to 2.10 and now at 1.95

I'm not on Barcelona because it's the popular play. They have been playing the best football I can remember. Of course Man. United is a great team, but I think Barcelona is better. Either way I'm going to enjoy a great game.

Also in Brasil

Botafogo-Santos
    Pick: Botafogo @ 1.90

I got this one this morning too.

Hope everyone has a good night. Whoever gets a chance I suggest watching the Champions League final. I'm going to hit a nice sports bar on the beach and have some drinks.