donsirlisir
    donsirlisir's Avatar Become A Pro!

Messi will be

all time greatest footballer

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I am just happy that Iniesta did not get the award...

donsirlisir

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    messi was not expecting the award. he was surprised

The Special One

that is why he is the greatest footballer IMO, modest...

tachi
    tachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

a funny,ridiculous and scandalous FIFA Ballon d'or 2010.

Firstly,Messi isn't the best footballer in the world. /C.Ronaldo is/.
    Secondly,Xavi and Iniesta won the WC 2010.
    Messi has never won and will never win the World Cup.

This award is a joke.Even W.Sneijder won the CL,Seria A,Italy Cup
    and played in the World Cup final.
    Last edited by tachi; 01-10-11 at 02:29 PM.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

f\*\*k Messi!

I was really hoping Xavi or Iniesta in the 2nd place to take it!

All 3 are on the same team Barca. But Messi played like sh*t in WC!

Iniesta and Xavi helped Spain to be the champions!!!

And Messi wont be the greatest player as long has he play like crap with his national team!

If he manage Argentina AT LEAST to a final of WC then we can start talking! Before that he's not bigger than Maradona!

THA_DIESEL
    THA_DIESEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Diego Maradona is the greatest footballer of all time without a doubt

The Special One

I agree that Sneijder should have won the award, not Messi, but Messi is still the best FOOTBALLER in the world... Ronaldo is a very good dancer who occasionally scores hattricks and runs around the field such that he has won the CL FINAL...

Messi will probably never win the World Cup, but who cares... this world cup was useless, in a country that doesn't play soccer (well that is) and with low-quality football... Spain were incredibly lucky to win the Final, because they almost didn't advance to the knockout stages - red card for Chile saved them somewhat - and so Iniesta and Xavi would not have been even MENTIONED... to add, if Robben had scored the 1-on-1, there would be absolutely no CHANCE that Spain came back and also, if Iniesta had not scored that goal, then they would surely lose in PENALTIES because Spanish players are horrible under pressure... Sneijder would have won this award if either he won the World Cup or Spain did not... and even so, its sad that this award is SO significantly affected by the World Cup... thats my opinion, not trying to start a war.

donsirlisir

messi is better than maradonna. he musn't win the world cup to be the greatest.

The Special One

completely agree, he was born to play FOOTBALL...

donsirlisir

remember that this award is now fifa balon d'or . fifa world best + balon d'or . world cup performance does not play a major role. Messi scored 47 goals in 53 appearance. 15 assists(highest number). we are talking about players overall performance in 2010, not just world cup. He deserves the award. he broke ronaldinho's record tonight but next year in zurich, he will break his own record . messi fifa balon d'or 2011

The Special One

without players like him, Football will be useless...

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by donsirlisir View Post
    messi is better than maradonna. he musn't win the world cup to be the greatest.
    Say that to an Argentinian!
    I bet most of them see Maradona as the greatest one!

Maradona was a WC Champion! He also took the shitty Napoli to the tittle and a UEFA Cup!

And Messi has to win a WC to be a great one! Or at least get into the final!

donsirlisir

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    Say that to an Argentinian!
    I bet most of them see Maradona as the greatest one!

Maradona was a WC Champion! He also took the shitty Napoli to the tittle and a UEFA Cup!

And Messi has to win a WC to be a great one! Or at least get into the final!
    we are talking about the world not argentina. argentina is only a country. well maradonna did not win a champions league title. messi has won it twice. how many goals did maradonna scored when he played for barcelona??. football will be boring when messi retires. OMG messi is only 23 years!!!. i just visited his wikipedia and can't believe what he has won.

LIONEL MESSI

Club

Barcelona

2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10

2008–09

2005, 2006, 2009, 2010

2005–06, 2008–09

2009 Argentina

MARADONNA
    Club

Boca Juniors

Barcelona

Napoli

Country

Argentina

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by donsirlisir View Post
    we are talking about the world not argentina. argentina is only a country. well maradonna did not win a champions league title. messi has won it twice. how many goals did maradonna scored when he played for barcelona??. football will be boring when messi retires. OMG messi is only 23 years!!!. i just visited his wikipedia and can't believe what he has won.
    2 the key word!

Barcelona Messi has a lot of guys around him not only he won the CL!

Maradona came to a club that was basically nothing and take him to win 2 Serie A tittles, 2nd places.
    Copa Italia and Copa Italia 2nd place.
    UEFA Cup.

We don't know how Messi will play out of a teams as Barca!

Barca plays for Messi and that's for sure!

jram68
    tell obama to keep his change
    jram68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Sneijder should have easily won that award

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

messi can be the best of all times, the future will tell us.
    on the other hand, iniesta and xavi should have won the trophy.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by mihaita666 View Post
    messi can be the best of all times, the future will tell us.
    on the other hand, iniesta and xavi should have won the trophy.
    agree with both sentences!

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

In my opinion the Ballon d'Or should be presented to the player that was intended to win it, namely the best player of the world. Not the player that has won the most trophies, because that's always a teameffort.

Because of this a player like Ryan Giggs (and perhaps in the future Gareth Bale if he keeps developing like this) never had a chance to win it because he never even played a worldcup with Wales.

If you look at the trophies won Wesley Sneijder clearly should have won it this year though. Not Xavi, not Iniesta and certainly not Messi.

DRHOUSE
    DRHOUSE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Messi rules!!!!

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    Why?

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Why?
    I do not hate him, I simply do not like such awards being given to undeserving players - just because he scored the 'vital' goal, does not mean that he is Player of the Year... think about this, if Puyol had scored a header off a corner at 119', should he be the player of the year? No... its sad that Sneijder had not been even considered, what a brilliant player.

tachi
    tachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

if Messi is the best why he didn't score in the World Cup?

He plays in a big team-Argentina (one of the favourites) and not for a small country outsider like
    Slovenia.And Messi didn't score.

He is may be the best in Spanish Primera,but to take only Primera like a football competition is
    idiotic.There are other football competitions like Seria A,Premier League,Champions League and World Cup.

Giuvara
    Giuvara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3033

As much as I like Messi and rate him much higher than CR, I too think this award is a little unfair. Performances in the World Cup should have counted more in naming the best player of 2010. It's still a once in four years competition that gives the opportunity for every professional player on Earth to prove his worth alongside teammates brought together randomly by place of birth and not part of club teams, ruled by "the richer the owner,the better the squad and very often the higher the performances"

shantymoon
    shantymoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

messi stole sneijder's award

datrugal
    datrugal's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was disappointing to learn Messi won the award with his dismal performance in the World Cup. I also don't think it should have gone to xavi or Iniesta, if its an all year round performance then Wesley Sneijder shld have won it.

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Messi played the worst mundial ever.
    Very dissapointing.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

The problem with this prize is that no one know which fvcking parameters they have to give the price!

I think they don´t even have they just give that sh*t to whoever they want!

If we go back to 2006 they give it to Cannavaro and 2nd place to Bufon! Why? World cup!

This year they have 2 WC winners and they give it to a guy that basically did less than the other 2??

And they leave a guy like Snejder that had a great year out?

So as long as they don't make clear, if they take in count tittles, goals or whatever they want to make it clear why the guy was the best in the year, this trophy will still be a joke!

And also they leave out other positions! In the field there are 11 players, keeper, defense, midfield and strikers!

Why they just can have a trophy for every position? that wouldn't be better?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Where does Pele fit into this ranking?

decado
    decado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

as for sneijder.. player of the year counts from jan-dec. sneider only played well the first half, winning with inter and at the world cup. now he is nowhere that good.

the same counts with forlán, superb season with atletico winning euro league and world cup with uruguay, but no more after.

messi is definitely a better choice over sneijder/forlan here even with his poor performance at the world cup. but what can you do when your country sucks? the same happened to CR7 at world cup.

i'm just not sure why messi got the win because i also see xavi/iniesta deserving it more - together like siamese twins.

just my 2 cents.

donsirlisir

Quote Originally Posted by decado View Post
    as for sneijder.. player of the year counts from jan-dec. sneider only played well the first half, winning with inter and at the world cup. now he is nowhere that good.

the same counts with forlán, superb season with atletico winning euro league and world cup with uruguay, but no more after.

messi is definitely a better choice over sneijder/forlan here even with his poor performance at the world cup. but what can you do when your country sucks? the same happened to CR7 at world cup.

i'm just not sure why messi got the win because i also see xavi/iniesta deserving it more - together like siamese twins.

just my 2 cents.
    'so true. Messi was simply the best player from January - December 2010.