JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Real Madrid beat Milan because of Defense

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/10/...ssing-ronaldo/

The article says Madrid were better off the ball than on the ball. If this was the Madrid of last year, Milan could easily have scored 3 goals to win the game. But Mourinho is smarter than that. I know people won't read the entire article, but keep in mind Madrid isn't a team you tail for the over (big public play in this match up) against big clubs this season in every game.

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with what they write in this article. 2-0 Real was in the low side, they could and should have scored atleast one more. Milan played very poor overall, no movement in the attack and no speed. The midfielders was so slow and gave the ball away to easy which often led to dangerous opportunities in the attack for Real. Milans lineup with three attacking players that dont help to much in the defense also helped here.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/10/...ssing-ronaldo/

The article says Madrid were better off the ball than on the ball. If this was the Madrid of last year, Milan could easily have scored 3 goals to win the game. But Mourinho is smarter than that. I know people won't read the entire article, but keep in mind Madrid isn't a team you tail for the over (big public play in this match up) against big clubs this season in every game.
    I agree about the defense. Last year Madrid scored maybe more but they received more goals!

Everybody know how Mourinho plays. He loves a good defense, till now Real has received no goals in CL.
    And just 3 goals in La Liga!

I was one of the persons who were on the over. I took it not cause I think this is Madrid. And cause I knew Milan don't have the organization on the field to play against them!
    Bad organizations against a good organized Real on defense and that has a good counter attack would kill some teams. Real had a lot of chances for the 3-0! And I even think if they just scored the 3-0 it would go way over.

But against other stronger clubs like Chelsea, Inter u can pick the over just if u r sure the other team has the possibility to make some damage to Real!

damien
    damien's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kitty View Post
    I agree with what they write in this article. 2-0 Real was in the low side, they could and should have scored atleast one more. Milan played very poor overall, no movement in the attack and no speed. The midfielders was so slow and gave the ball away to easy which often led to dangerous opportunities in the attack for Real. Milans lineup with three attacking players that dont help to much in the defense also helped here.
    Kitty you're right.Zlatan, ronaldinho and pato should not start together for ac milan if they want to win something. They don't help in anyway. Ronaldinho playing behind both of them should help the midfielders when they are not in possession of the ball. He doesn't even care. Players in his position at other clubs like sneijder ,lampard help to get back the ball. Even when he is played on wide left , he doesn't help the left back. If the coach is brave enough and wants to compete. He should start with robinho zlatan pato. Also, they should always help out in defending . Their midfielders are old and tired,forget about experience(seedorf,gattuso,pirlo). He shouldn't start all three together(flamini,boateng).When boateng and robinho came in against real madrid, you could feel the pressure. I have watched most of their games this season. They always loose the midfield battle.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post
    Kitty you're right.Zlatan, ronaldinho and pato should not start together for ac milan if they want to win something. They don't help in anyway. Ronaldinho playing behind both of them should help the midfielders when they are not in possession of the ball. He doesn't even care. Players in his position at other clubs like sneijder ,lampard help to get back the ball. Even when he is played on wide left , he doesn't help the left back. If the coach is brave enough and wants to compete. He should start with robinho zlatan pato. Also, they should always help out in defending . Their midfielders are old and tired,forget about experience(seedorf,gattuso,pirlo). He shouldn't start all three together(flamini,boateng).When boateng and robinho came in against real madrid, you could feel the pressure. I have watched most of their games this season. They always loose the midfield battle.
    I agree Ronaldinho is useless if u have the kind of system Madrid has, when he loses the ball he wont run or do anything.
    And in the minutes Boateng and Robinho were on the game they looked better.

Yeah their mid-fielders r old!

Respect Seddorf The Real Madrid fans cheered him after the game

the opposite of Robinho, Real Madrid fans just hate him!

damien
    damien's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    I agree Ronaldinho is useless if u have the kind of system Madrid has, when he loses the ball he wont run or do anything.
    And in the minutes Boateng and Robinho were on the game they looked better.

Yeah their mid-fielders r old!

Respect Seddorf The Real Madrid fans cheered him after the game

the opposite of Robinho, Real Madrid fans just hate him!
    Here is the highlight on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpLx2J-7B-g&feature=related
    Just watch 1.42 to 1.49 and see the way dinho moves when they are defending .Almost all madrid defenders are running past him. You could see old seedorf returning very fast, he is a champion. Now i understand why pep offloaded dinho.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Mourinho.. Best coach on earth.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    word!

Gilero
    Gilero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    For me it Guardiola, what you are doing in Barca is not easy.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by Gilero View Post

For me it Guardiola, what you are doing in Barca is not easy.
    Don't know! Guardila just has the same line the other coach that were before, all began with Cruyff! He's just lucky that he got the players that he has!

Mourinho is a coach that can change by himself the team, he chooses the playesr and they give him results!

I don't think Guardiola can be compared to Mou! But this is only my point of view

I think that the real challenge to see how good is Guardiola is when he'll change from team. There we'll see what is he made of.

And Mourinho has already prove that, Oporto, Chelsea, Inter. Now Madrid!

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not actually! Madrid beated Milan cause they got more powerful offend than Milan's. Milan strikers Pato and Ibra, one is tall but slow and clumsy; Pato is too young and over rate. Their mid fielders is old and can't capable with the speed of Madrid midfield young and creative Ozil , Alonso. They are lost in true and formost.

hitman2010

By the way, Madrid play at home is one more thing to consider.

hitman2010

Any team can beat Milan now. They need time to rebuilt. I can say that next 3 weeks Milan play 9 matches but they will lost at least 3... draw 4 win 2.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Mourinho has them set up well at the back. I think Milan were naive to play that 4-3-3 formation away from home. They needed more in the midfield and the 3 up-top never track back.

hitman2010

Have you heard what Mou just said before the match "This is the match between a champion vs a beginner" He implied he is a champion in this cup and Milan's coach is a beginner.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by hitman2010 View Post
    Have you heard what Mou just said before the match "This is the match between a champion vs a beginner" He implied he is a champion in this cup and Milan's coach is a beginner.
    I watched the press conference!

Mou!

since this guy came to Real I knew he'll make from Real a nice team!

I'm glad from the boys they bought this year! Ozil, Khedira and Di Maria!

Especially Ozil cause there were rumors before that that Barca wanted to buy him. But this time Madrid made the movement they needed to do and they pay not so much for a nice player.