chopstick88
    chopstick88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

Betting Exchange questions

I'm new to all this betting exchange, but i have a few questions for you guys here if u dont mind explain it to me.

So, as you can see in the picture, we have barca's match tomorrow with those lines and odds.
    The questions are:

1: For example i LAY the DRAW at 10.0 with $2, the system shows me potential winnings will be $20 and a liable funds of $18 has to be in the account to back up if the bet is lost.
    2: At the circle 1, there is $105 under the 10.0 odd. What does this number mean? Is it saying the maximum you can bet at the odd is $105 or is it something else?
    3: And if i place only $2 bet which will have $20 if the bet won. Is it ok for me to bet only like $2 on that bet or it has to be $105 like it stating under the odd?
    4: If my bet actually won ( game result is not draw), the winnings will be in the account correct?
    5: When i place a bet with current odds (LAY bet with the solid pink box), will my bet matched instantly ?

Because i live in US which will be like hell if i cant play at the book (betfair). I'm too curious about this betting exchange system of BetFair has. Any answers will be appreciated.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-15-15 at 04:30 PM.

chopstick88
    chopstick88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

bump

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

If you sign up with betfair they will help you out a lot whether it's online or on the phone. Also try googling or going to youtube, I'm prety sure there are lots of tutorials/FAQs out there about betfair since it's one of the biggest if not the biggest betting exchanges.

Smithers-Jones
    Smithers-Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

Quote Originally Posted by chopstick88 View Post
    I'm new to all this betting exchange, but i have a few questions for you guys here if u dont mind explain it to me.

So, as you can see in the picture, we have barca's match tomorrow with those lines and odds.
    The questions are:

1: For example i LAY the DRAW at 10.0 with $2, the system shows me potential winnings will be $20 and a liable funds of $18 has to be in the account to back up if the bet is lost.
    2: At the circle 1, there is $105 under the 10.0 odd. What does this number mean? Is it saying the maximum you can bet at the odd is $105 or is it something else?
    3: And if i place only $2 bet which will have $20 if the bet won. Is it ok for me to bet only like $2 on that bet or it has to be $105 like it stating under the odd?
    4: If my bet actually won ( game result is not draw), the winnings will be in the account correct?
    5: When i place a bet with current odds (LAY bet with the solid pink box), will my bet matched instantly ?

Because i live in US which will be like hell if i cant play at the book (betfair). I'm too curious about this betting exchange system of BetFair has. Any answers will be appreciated.

1: Your potential winnings are only $2 (minus commission) as that is your bet, the $20 payout relates to $18 liability and your $2 stake, as you are laying the payout figure relates to potential overall loss, just tick the liability box.
    2: That is the amount of money unmatched at those odds.
    3: You can bet any amount up-to $105 at that price, as there is a gap in the market you would put your lay bet in at 9.8 and wait to be matched.
    4: If your bet wins you only win $2 the winnings are added straight after the match usually within 15 minutes, depending how much overall has been matched.
    5: Your bet would be matched instantly at 10's if you were to bet $110, $105 would be matched instantly and the other $5 will be placed in the market under the back side at 10's waiting to be matched.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-15-15 at 04:31 PM.