JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Anyone familiar with Finland?

I'm looking around at the Scandinavian leagues and Finland shows a lot of upsets. A lot of upsets occur in the Veikkausliiga for example and it would be nice to know someone with more knowledge to let us know when it is good to risk money on a dog. Anyone with info on these kinds of leagues, if you open up a thread from time to time I'm ready to help you research and look around to share info.

nicsbr
    today was a good day
    nicsbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Im not but im good at Swedish leauge maybe i make a thread, i will think about it

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by nicsbr View Post
    Im not but im good at Swedish leauge maybe i make a thread, i will think about it
    if you do make a thread, I'll be happy to help you research. I'm slowly getting familiar with these leagues.

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

mate
    I assumed I am good at this league but last 2 parlay, I added them,today for example, POPA match, second half more goals,they scored 1st goal ht and second goal 53 mins,37 mins they slept, and I lost.. after this I won t play anymore to them
    if u want suggestion, helsinki -1 at home usually hits, pk35 and Rovaniemi from second Finnish league home -1 usually hit too...
    some home teams usually reach over...
    the better my suggestion is Follow EP ,he always hit with his Finland picks

on the other hand NICSBR I may help too,and also really looking forward ur swedish,scandinavian thread

Supamanu
    Supamanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1085

What i've noticed is that in Finland, whenever a game seems too easy and many in the forum like it, the dog usually wins.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Like I said, I have no interest in the favorites in this league, it's all about the unusual upsets which I'd like to get more knowledge on thanks guys.

This is probably the last place you should risk your money on a favorite unless you are experienced.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I'm all over learning about those leagues, I can help with research also. If those markets have good value then we should try to explore it, I'm pretty sure oddsmakers don't care much about making sharp lines to the smaller leagues

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

sorry for misunderstood Johon

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey JOHON8 I think you should take a look at FC Lahti for tomorrow, at first glance that looks like a decent dog imo. Play it draw-no-bet and you should be safe. I havent checked to see if the teams have any missing players or anything like that yet. Can easily be a 0-1, 1-1 game.

Kattbert
    Kattbert's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am familiar with Finland, I live in Finland. But I dont understand our football. It is a pure lottery. "My team" in veikkausliiga is Jaro. I get all the information about them in our local newspaper, I have all information, but still, I dont have a clue about the outcome of next match.
    But if anyone ask me I shouldn´t put any money on Lahti tomorrow. I should almost recommend JJK. But, as I said, I don´t understand finnish football .

nicsbr
    today was a good day
    nicsbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

johon we can start a thread with the swedish leauge toghter if u want

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    I'm all over learning about those leagues, I can help with research also. If those markets have good value then we should try to explore it, I'm pretty sure oddsmakers don't care much about making sharp lines to the smaller leagues
    Exactly, if we can get a group of people researching the lower leagues on this forum it should be pretty interesting what plays we can make. We can open a thread so that all the info goes into that and we can share it whenever we want.

Quote Originally Posted by phenomenon View Post
    sorry for misunderstood Johon
    No problem bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kitty View Post
    Hey JOHON8 I think you should take a look at FC Lahti for tomorrow, at first glance that looks like a decent dog imo. Play it draw-no-bet and you should be safe. I havent checked to see if the teams have any missing players or anything like that yet. Can easily be a 0-1, 1-1 game.
    I'll take a look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kattbert View Post
    I am familiar with Finland, I live in Finland. But I dont understand our football. It is a pure lottery. "My team" in veikkausliiga is Jaro. I get all the information about them in our local newspaper, I have all information, but still, I dont have a clue about the outcome of next match. But if anyone ask me I shouldn´t put any money on Lahti tomorrow. I should almost recommend JJK. But, as I said, I don´t understand finnish football .
    That's interesting to hear how unpredictable it is from someone who follows it in Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by nicsbr View Post
    johon we can start a thread with the swedish leauge toghter if u want
    Ok in September some time we can start a thread for a couple smaller leagues not just one so that we can choose 1 or 2 good ones form each league and then talk about it.

loyd
    loyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

i did bet on the finnish league in late july/early august as there was nothing else to bet on at that time

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18026

There's a lot of away wins this season, but I'm not sure, if it's just an anomaly.

beeps220
    beeps220's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

This JJK-Lahti match

JJK is 1-1-7 at home
    Lahti 1-7-1 on the road

Linda like Lahti +.25

Need to find if there's any injuries

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by beeps220 View Post
    This JJK-Lahti match

JJK is 1-1-7 at home
    Lahti 1-7-1 on the road

Linda like Lahti +.25

Need to find if there's any injuries
    These players are all out for Lahti: Jussi Länsitalo (striker), Jonne Kemppinen (striker), Heikki Haara (defender), Janne Moilanen (defender) and Toni Huuhka (defender).

These players are out for JJK: Christian Sund (midfielder) and Matti Lähitie (midfielder).

Lahti have new striker Sadik ready for this game, and they are desperate for points to stay in the league. JJK is bad at home but Lahti have only two wins in 19 total matches.

JJK form last 6 matches: 1W-1D-4L, 5 scored, 10 conceded

Lahti form last 6 matches: 1W-3D-2L, 4 scored, 6 conceded

Last meeting: JJK-Lahti, 2-1

Tough match to predict, home team only average 1.27 points per game in this league. Draw seems most likely and then its a cointoss who can grap the win? then ill rather take Lahti @ +210 or +.25 @ -117.
    Last edited by Mr.Kitty; 08-27-10 at 04:47 AM.
    Points Awarded:

beeps220 gave Mr.Kitty 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

beeps220
    beeps220's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Great info on the injuries!

Is there a site where you were able to find the injury list?

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by beeps220 View Post
    Great info on the injuries!

Is there a site where you were able to find the injury list?
    I usually look at the teams websites and use google translate, that way you always get accurate info. For games in the bigger leagues you can also get pretty useful previews here. Thanks for the points!