Gilero
    Gilero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Spain and Holland, fined for excessive number of cards in the final.

The regulation establishes misconduct disciplinary team where at least five players are admonished ·

Was the World Cup final in which were more yellow cards.. Spain and the Netherlands have been fined by the excessive number of cards that had their players on 11 July at the end of the 2010 World Cup, played at the Soccer City in Johannesburg and won the set 1-0 Vicente del Bosque.

The Netherlands Federation will pay nearly $ 14,500 after Eight players were reprimanded, Robin van Persie, Mark van Bommel, Nigel de Jong, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Arjen Robben, van der Wiel and Gregory Joris Mathijsen and John Heitinga was sent off after seeing two yellow. Meanwhile, the referee Howard English Webb, who led the final, rebuked the Spanish Carles Puyol, Sergio Ramos, Joan Capdevila, Andres Iniesta and Xavi Hernandez, so the RFEF must pay $ 9,650.

The regulation establishes misconduct disciplinary team where at least five of their players are booked.

It was the World Cup final in which were more yellow cards, beating six México'86 final between Argentina and Germany.

lockwoot
    lockwoot's Avatar Become A Pro!

i read on a football newsite that it's actually a common practice to fine clubs that have more than 5 cards a match so in that perspective this is just fifa following their rules of conduct , but in my opinion its totally bullshit sure there were 3 real fouls on each side but besides from that the game was really easy on the violence the acting of the spanish players when they get barely touched made it to believe it was an violent match( yes im a dutch fan but still im so disgusted with andres iniesta ... was actually a fan of him but after his shamefull display in the final... constantly asking for yellow cards etc. diving like he was getting paid by the dive
    Last edited by lockwoot; 08-03-10 at 07:03 PM.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

Good decision by f.i.f.a.

the match was difficult to ref because of the fouls and playacting.
    Was not the behaviour expected from the finalists.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ugly final, terrible referee. The fines themselves mean nothing. Symbolic punishment.

Giuvara
    Giuvara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3033

I find it funny that the referee was also fined for the high number of players he reprimanded. He lost 10k on 13 bookings, which roughly means about 770$ per warning. Instead of showing the yellow card from his pocket he just as good could of taken out his debit card.

Gilero
    Gilero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Quote Originally Posted by lockwoot View Post
    i read on a football newsite that it's actually a common practice to fine clubs that have more than 5 cards a match so in that perspective this is just fifa following their rules of conduct , but in my opinion its totally bullshit sure there were 3 real fouls on each side but besides from that the game was really easy on the violence the acting of the spanish players when they get barely touched made it to believe it was an violent match( yes im a dutch fan but still im so disgusted with andres iniesta ... was actually a fan of him but after his shamefull display in the final... constantly asking for yellow cards etc. diving like he was getting paid by the dive
    If you are really a fan of Iniesta will remain as Iniesta is a gentleman on and off the field. Please note that Iniesta legs just filled smote the kicks you received and all for a lousy arbitration, that the only culprit was the umpire with his performance and I leave the Netherlands shared everything they wanted and more.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Giuvara View Post
    I find it funny that the referee was also fined for the high number of players he reprimanded. He lost 10k on 13 bookings, which roughly means about 770$ per warning. Instead of showing the yellow card from his pocket he just as good could of taken out his debit card.

I think you read it wrong. RFEF is not the ref.