Sandro777
    Sandro777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Uruguay to advance -188

I've been high on Uruguay this whole tournament. After coasting through the group stage and taking care of a feisty south korea squad, they now face Ghana. maybe its because I'm a US fan but while Ghana was the better team against us - team USA is not uruguay. You cannot compare Robbie Findley to Forlan or Suarez. If we had even one of them we might have beat Ghana easily...

Now I know the refs can and have played a role in a ton of games, but is there any reason why people think Ghana can play better defense than Uruguay and score more goals? Uruguay's back line is a huge improvement over USA's mess.

Talk me out of putting a nice chunk of change on uruguay to advance.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Your analysis is spot on. I already have a nice chunk of change on Uruguay advancing, myself. There is a notable quality difference between these two teams.

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

i expect them to advance in regulation time

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why risk the regulation bet, it's rare to get a soccer play with ET and Penalty included, lay the chalk.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

uruguay and paraguay in the final, battle of the guays. we're here, we're guay, get used to it!

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Definitely expect Uruguay to get past Ghana.

zafzaf
    zafzaf's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like them to win the game +110

Om3n
    Om3n's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way... Uruguay have no chance.....

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

If you took Uruguay from the start of the tournament, you have already locked up a nice profit. I saw Uruguay way undervalued when offered at 80-1. They are still a good value at 18-1, I would put it at 10-1.

Sandro777
    Sandro777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

What are people seeing in Ghana that I'm not - I'm seeing a team that scored NO GOALS from the run of play in the group stage, was gifted TWO goals vs the USA and had little other opportunities all the while giving the USA tons of GOOD chances to score (which they all missed), and with two injuries.... versus a Uruguyan team with two top strikers (witness Suarez vs SK) and a very good defense... how do you put your money on a Ghana team that just looks like its been floating around all tournament?

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4473

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro777 View Post
    What are people seeing in Ghana that I'm not - I'm seeing a team that scored NO GOALS from the run of play in the group stage, was gifted TWO goals vs the USA and had little other opportunities all the while giving the USA tons of GOOD chances to score (which they all missed), and with two injuries.... versus a Uruguyan team with two top strikers (witness Suarez vs SK) and a very good defense... how do you put your money on a Ghana team that just looks like its been floating around all tournament?
    people overthink to much thats the problem , I'm on Uruguay big , i think this play has the best value in all the qf matches , bol

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro777 View Post
    Don't put your logic on how they scored their goals, put it on how they kept teams from a ton which was expected. This is the youngest team in the QF, no one expected them to get this far just like no one expects them to beat Uruguay.

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think ghana will give up the MOST goals of any team this weekend. When you look at it that way you have to take Uraguay.