beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Can someone please tell me why Chile....

Is such a big underdog to Spain?

Considering what Ive seen with my own 2 eyes in this World Cup....I cant figure it out...

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

spain good.

Guru de Futbol
    Guru de Futbol's Avatar Become A Pro!

They got two players kicked out for this game with to many yellow cards. Still worth a shot at the draw, maybe correct scores. 1-0 - 2-0

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow
    WiseGrumpy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chile are playing well, yes, but they are above average not more than that. Spain are the best team in the world, if we like it or not.

Guru de Futbol

Chile will sit back this match and really try to get the draw. It's very possible they turn up a counter attack goal.

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

is chile at +500 ? they aren;t really big underdogs, when you think of Spain;s team, in the end.

Chuck74
    Chuck74's Avatar Become A Pro!

I d go for the draw, 1-1

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

What players are out? I could see this being a low scoring win for Spain, 1-0 or 2-0.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

You guys are way off on this score line. Spain need this game so they will be pushing the ball up the pitch. Chile natural play is to get it up. I like Chile a lot but Spain is very, very good. This may be the fastest played 90 minutes we have seen all cup. 2-2 for the draw. Maybe 2-1 Spain.

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Spain is better than they've appeared. I like them to beat Chile.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Quote Originally Posted by Guru de Futbol View Post
    Chile will sit back this match and really try to get the draw. It's very possible they turn up a counter attack goal.
    Come on Guru , their coach is El loco Bielsa he will not sit back , Bielsa's team attack and attack no matter who the opponent is

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Why were Japan such big underdogs vs Denmark? Was was Brazil at 1.8 vs Ivory Coast? Go with what you saw, too many traps in the lines in this WC.

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spains back line is no fortress, if Chile can take there chances they have a chance, hopefully Suazo will start

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

They are asking you to take Chile. The chileans need a draw here and will play smart here. So far Spain have shown an ability to miss so many chances. If i were Chile i would sit back and let spain do what they want and try to catch them on the counter. Spain needs this game and Chile should approach it that way.

TurkzZ

can Chile even play for a draw, Bielsa mind set is attack attack attack lol, but i agree, if Chile adopt a counter attack approach it could be effective.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Ramos, Puyol, Pique, Capdevilla. Take out Capdevilla and you have a very solid line with the best keeper in the world too.

How big are you going on Chile Turkzz?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
    can Chile even play for a draw, Bielsa mind set is attack attack attack lol, but i agree, if Chile adopt a counter attack approach it could be effective.

If Chile attack they will be done very early in this game. Spain will shred them apart . Bielsa needs to be smart here.

TurkzZ

my fears exactly, should be an interesting game

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Ramos, Puyol, Pique, Capdevilla. Take out Capdevilla and you have a very solid line with the best keeper in the world too.

How big are you going on Chile Turkzz?

Iker is good but i would rather have Julio Cesar.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Iker is good but i would rather have Julio Cesar.
    Cesar is solid. How big are you going on Chile Turkzz?

TurkzZ

Iker has fantastic reflexes but is a lil suspect on crosses and such,

as for Chile,no play for me, my heart says Chile, as i love Bielsa's football philosophy, but my head says Spain will pick them off, be a fantastic game to watch, looking forward to it

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
    Iker has fantastic reflexes but is a lil suspect on crosses and such,

as for Chile,no play for me, my heart says Chile, as i love Bielsa's football philosophy, but my head says Spain will pick them off, be a fantastic game to watch, looking forward to it
    I agree, my heart and head saying the same thing, but my nuts are telling me to bet live.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Spain rolls
    3-1

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

They both need this game to qualify ... But theres also a chance of Switzerland losing their game and allowing Chile and Spain to advance.

So I guess they will play there cards according to what happens with the Swiss game.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

This is the perfect matchup for Spain. Chile won't sit back and play 9 in defence because they aren't good enough to do so. The Spanish love a team to come at them and try and play football, thats when they are at their imperious best, Spain may win this by 3 or 4 in a statement game.

8badtuna
    8badtuna's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spain 2-0

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

look what happened to italy today anything can happen

thabeest
    thabeest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

Because Spain matches up well with Chile. A side that quite the contrary to the 2 first teams meeting up with Spain will not park the bus and defend for 90 minutes. That's what really got the Swiss the win over Spain. Honduras did not defend the same way but also had no offense to contribute with. Luck saved them from not losing that game 5-0 or 6-0.

Spain and Chile will be a great game, in my opinion. And if the spanish defense looks nonchalant like they were in the first 2 matches and especially vs Honduras - then Chile will definitely be on the scoreboard as well as Spain.

I can see a 2-1 3-1 win for Spain here.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Chile will not sit back, Loco Bielsa's footballing philosophy will not allow that as he believes attack is the best form of defense and that his whole team is the defense.

Teams rarely bring it to Spain but when they have done its produced some interesting results, Chile won't fear Spain and could rattle them.

Its very risky to take Chile and fade Spain, I would love Chile to win or at least draw but they are playing one of the best teams in the world.

This will be a good game to watch, no need to bet on every game

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chile also hasn't been able to find their finishing touch. Only one goal against Honduras and only one against an out manned Switzerland team for almost 60 minutes? Chile's formation will leave them prone to Spain's attack I think if they are patient enough to exploit the gaps. Spain needs to win to qualify. If they draw, they have to have Honduras win over Switzerland to qualify or Honduras draw Switzerland. Both seem pretty unlikely with how poor Honduras has looked. Spain will be going for broke here. Not to mention, the win will likely see them finish first unless the Swiss absolutely crush Honduras - and thus, Spain avoids Brazil in the next round [barring a Portugal upset].

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Eagles, Chile have lacked a finishing touch because they have been playing midfielders as the striker, Suazo should finally be ready and will be a much bigger thread infront of goal.

Still Chile have a VERY tough game ahead.

Guru de Futbol

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    Come on Guru , their coach is El loco Bielsa he will not sit back , Bielsa's team attack and attack no matter who the opponent is
    Hell yea thats his style, but he's no idiot man. They need a draw to clinch the first place spot, why would he continue to attack? Sure its his style, but they have to do whats logical to WIN the world cup. Surely they know they will lose with that style of play against the Spaniards.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Chilie is +707 dogs because Spain is who we thought they were. They got something to prove going in to the match against Chile and if they make it through they'll be met by the Brazilians or Portuguese. They got a tough 2 matches ahead of them and they know it. Spain will show up tomorrow unlike my Italians

Spain -1 looks tasty to me

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

ive got draw ,

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

I am rooting for Spain. But they know how to choke in the big games. I won't be surprised if spain loses. should be a fun game.