D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Japan to score tomorrow??? +122

Anyone think Japan can score even just once on Netherlands. Japan's offense is pretty weak but they were able to break through the Cameroon defense. Although it was the Cameroon defense, nothing special. The Dutch defense I wouldn't call the strongest in this tournament but the defense looked pretty solid against Denmark in the opener. Does anyone think Japan can even score 1 goal at +122?

D3 Mighty Ducks

Any opinions?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

The problem is Japan will probably play a conservative style and try to catch the Dutch on the counterattack. They don't have a chance if they try to get in a running game with the Dutch. It truly is a tough call...but if you put a gun to my head I would probably say no.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    The problem is Japan will probably play a conservative style and try to catch the Dutch on the counterattack. They don't have a chance if they try to get in a running game with the Dutch. It truly is a tough call...but if you put a gun to my head I would probably say no.
    Yeah i'm leaning that they won't score tomorrow so i'm hoping someone to talk to me into it...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

maybe it would be better to take Japan +1.5 for +115..

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I don't think they will score

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    maybe it would be better to take Japan +1.5 for +115..
    My book is offering Japan +1.5 -116 and I don't really like play that much. I think the outcome of the games yesterday are going to make us think twice about easy winners. Japan coming into this tournament didn't have much of a chance of getting out of this group and as of now they share the lead, and with a win against Holland on Saturday they advance out of the group which would be a shocker. I don't know if its just me but why am I over thinking this and not just taking Netherlands ML? I know Germany and England got burned yesterday but Germany had there chances and they didn't convert on them. England was just awful and made no effort at all to win that game. I think i'm going to just take off the rest of the weekend betting wise for the WC and just enjoy the games.

Snowball

correction.. Japan is +115 @ +1, not +1.5

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

I think Netherlands are the most over-rated team in this tournament. Japan will get some chances. I think that is pretty good value, especially considering Japan will be motivated since they set themselves up in a decent position to advance as a big underdog by winning their first game and gaining a 3 goal differential over Denmark in the process.

Snowball

i booked it for 1 unit.
    if the Dutch can score 2 unanswered on Japan, I'll take the loss.
    I doubt they can.

mozomboking
    become a pro
    mozomboking's Avatar Become A Pro!

japan will score against netherland japan 1-ned 1 final score

Blutarski
    Blutarski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

I see the Netherlands tuning up their offense at Japan's expense, similar to what Argentina did the other day.

peeteer
    peeteer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    I think Netherlands are the most over-rated team in this tournament. Japan will get some chances. I think that is pretty good value, especially considering Japan will be motivated since they set themselves up in a decent position to advance as a big underdog by winning their first game and gaining a 3 goal differential over Denmark in the process.
    I agree with that. Moreover there are lots of surprises at the tournament, so.. why not another?!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yeah welll...whether we thought so or not....it's the big goose egg for Japan. When you bet on a counterattacking kind of game you really need to hope someone sneaks one across.