radishman
    radishman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1617

odds dropped to ~ -166

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

I don't know, I think they still have something to play for considering the loser faces Argentina in the round of 16.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

I think Mexico does not mind playing Argentina they want revenge

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    I think any team would rather play S Korea/Greece vs. Argentina.

Call me crazy.

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

I would like to be in first, but i'm salivating at another shot at those guys. As great as Argentina are, Mexico plays them hard. They let the last one slip away by giving up a lead.

TheAntidote
    The Cure In Your Life
    TheAntidote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    I think any team would rather play S Korea/Greece vs. Argentina.

Call me crazy.
    Well, I'm sure Uruguay would at least rather play S Korea/Greece. And if Mexico's relishes a rematch with Argentina, I'd bet on Uruguay to win the game and not a draw. I'll probably be betting on Uruguay ML anyway.

fsfalcons
    fsfalcons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Uruguay has the advantage in goal differential so if they draw they come out on top

aneurysm00
    aneurysm00's Avatar Become A Pro!

I layed a hefty amount at 1.75 on betfair. Price is too short for a draw here when one team (Mexico) would have nothing to lose in going for a win.
    As I type this, I see the price has risen up to 1.92
    Will probably trade out if it jumps up another 10 ticks or so.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Yes Mexico has nothing to lose here. They will not play for a draw but Uruguay might

fedtpels
    fedtpels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8416

They'll play to win. Mexico wins the group -they play great soccer imo.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Aguirre wants to be on top.

They will play for first place.

cro
    Toronto Blue Jays to smash Fister
    cro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

they will both go through even with 4 points
    france has to smash South Africa

no one wants to play argentina

jackny
    jackny's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with draw. 6 years back similar situation in Euro 2004. Sweden and Denmark both had 4 PTS each after 2 games and they played each other in 3rd round. Italy was 2 PTS back and Sweden and Denmark had to draw and scored each 2 goals or more to stay in first to places. And this is exactly what happened. Each scored 2 goals and then noone didn't do anything and they just waited game is over.

I'm not saying this time they won't try to score but noone will risk anything and if in the 2nd half it will be still scoreless noone will really want to score.

cro
    Toronto Blue Jays to smash Fister
    cro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

sweden and denmark are allies

aneurysm00
    aneurysm00's Avatar Become A Pro!

That 2-2 draw in Euro 2004 was electrifying and attacking football played on a slick wet surface. Of course, the Italians were crying foul play as per usual - but there was nothing in that match to suggest that a draw was agreed upon before kickoff.

The time a collaborated result did take place was in the 1982 WC in a game between W.Germany and Austria. The obvious gameplan and outcome was very embarrassing for both sides.

DODGERBLUES24
    DODGERBLUES24's Avatar Become A Pro!

i was hoping people read this before the game was over and books got a chance to adjust odds

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

backing the draw under evens is completely insane. even if france beats s-africa with small numbers (and that's an if) the loser of the uruguay - mexico-game will be in the last 16. only if a completely demoralized france will suddenly start scoring a lot of goals, which they haven't been particularly good at it this far, things will change.
    uruguay nor mexico will want to play argentina and both teams will be confident they can beat the other after today's performance. in any random match draws occur, it could happen now as well. uruguay have the better goal difference, so they will want a draw no matter what. the only possible scenario in which mexico will settle for a draw during the game though is when france is up at least two goals against s-africa and i doubt whether france will. both games are being played simultaneously so strategies can be adjusted during the game, but as long as france doesn't start scoring, mexico has nothing the worry about and doesn't even need to hold back. the draw should be shorter than normal obviously, but evens is insane. the argentina-factor will definitely motivate mexico to give it a try.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERBLUES24 View Post
    i was hoping people read this before the game was over and books got a chance to adjust odds
    hardly any book takes bets on games in the same poule as games currently being played. the once that didn't know this before the wc, learned it the hard way in the first week of the tourney already.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Aguirre is a heard headed and will not want to take Argentina, not because they cant deal with them, but why would you want a team like Argentina when you can have a better chance vs Greece or SK to move into Quarterfinals?

Aguirre will play this game and will not settle for anything less than a win.

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

I will not take the draw here and here's why : if a draw occurs, Uruguay wins the groups on goal fifference, and Mexico plays Agentina in the 2nd round. No one wants to play them. Also, In order for France to qulify, France needs to win to South Africa, and have a better goal difference than eighter mexico or ueuguay. which is gonna be very hard. For instance, Uruguay beats Meixco 1-0, and France...well, they need a 4-0 victory over South Africa. Let me have doubts France wins to South Africa, especially at such a huge difference.
    Playing Greece or South Korea or Nigeria in the next round is a much better options than Argentina, for sure. and I think it' could be a trap from the bookies. Be careful with this

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by mihaita666 View Post
    I will not take the draw here and here's why : if a draw occurs, Uruguay wins the groups on goal fifference, and Mexico plays Agentina in the 2nd round. No one wants to play them. Also, In order for France to qulify, France needs to win to South Africa, and have a better goal difference than eighter mexico or ueuguay. which is gonna be very hard. For instance, Uruguay beats Meixco 1-0, and France...well, they need a 4-0 victory over South Africa. Let me have doubts France wins to South Africa, especially at such a huge difference.
    Playing Greece or South Korea or Nigeria in the next round is a much better options than Argentina, for sure. and I think it' could be a trap from the bookies. Be careful with this
    The Uruguay game is set up for Mexico pretty well, and just like my prediction vs France I feel they are going to dominate them better than both France and SA. Really Mexico just need to take Forlan out of the game and just play their style.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think either team is going to shut it down and play for a draw. If the scheduling is correct, their match takes place at the same time as France-South Africa so they would not rightfully know the outcome of the other match if goal differential becomes an issue. Secondly, why would you f*ck wth your momentum by deciding to just pack it in when even a loss as long as it's not a blowout is probably not going to hurt you? I expect both teams to go for it and once that first goal is scored, then you may see the team that is behind go to a more defensive formation to make sure they don't lose any more goals. Just my opinion and as said by others, paying chalk for a draw ... very little value.

Jimmy0607

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    The Uruguay game is set up for Mexico pretty well, and just like my prediction vs France I feel they are going to dominate them better than both France and SA. Really Mexico just need to take Forlan out of the game and just play their style.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but i haven't seen them dominate anyone yet, they just capitalized on their chances today but it was a pretty even match

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

France needs to win 4-0 or more to advance. Because even with a 1-0 at Mexico-Uruguay by either team you have two scenarios:

Uruguay 4-0, Mexico 3-2
    Uruguay 3-1, Mexico 4-1

If France wins 3-0 they lose the tie breaker to Mexico even if Mexico loses 1-0.

Jimmy0607

France is done

Socrates

Sorry to burst your bubble but i haven't seen them dominate anyone yet, they just capitalized on their chances today but it was a pretty even match
    First half was a grudge match, the second half was complete domination by Mexico. What play did France have the entire second half? One shot from the left side that was semi dangerous. Take the Uruguay goggles off buddy.

Let me know if you want to bet some points on the match. I've got Mexico kicking your teams ass.

Jimmy0607

Domination haha did you watch Uruguay vs SA that was domination , same team that if it wasnt for the post would've beat you guys

Haha sure lets bet

Bigpete2010
    Bigpete2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the info

Socrates

Domination haha did you watch Uruguay vs SA that was domination , same team that if it wasnt for the post would've beat you guys Haha sure lets bet
    They were both dominant (Uru and Mex), Mexico dominated the second half after they realized France were nothing but pretenders. It's just annoying that you want all the glory for Uruguay, trying to marginalize Mexico's victory as nothing more then capitalizing in an even match, when it was anything but even.

Ok how about this, nothing too cute, if it's a draw no bet, if Uruguay wins, you get X amount of my points and if Mexico wins I get X amount of your points, just simple and straight up. You down?

Jimmy0607

Im not trying to Marginalize Mexico at all , but lets not confuse Domination with playing better , Mexico played better than France and definitely deserved the win but they did not dominate but hey its my opinion

anyways yeah Im down I have 18 points so by tuesday I should have like 40 so 40 points?

Socrates

Im not trying to Marginalize Mexico at all , but lets not confuse Domination with playing better , Mexico played better than France and definitely deserved the win but they did not dominate but hey its my opinion anyways yeah Im down I have 18 points so by tuesday I should have like 40 so 40 points?
    Yea that's cool. 40 points it is. Hopefully Mexico can shut down the Jimmy hate after tuesday. Should be a fun match.

Good luck to your team the rest of the way on the other side of the bracket, as i'm pretty sure we're both through to the next round.

Jimmy0607

Haha no hate for Mexico I was actually rooting for you guys today

Good luck to you guys as well

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

i was liken mexico as well/

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!